Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Stupidest Reasons for Voting for Obama
TOPIC: Stupidest Reasons for Voting for Obama
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Start   101 to 110 of 121   End
User Details are only visible to members.
The black population will continue to support O'Bama because of his skin tone. His policies are contrary to success for anyone living in the inner-city but that issue is ignored by most black Americans.

I can't think of a more stupid reason to vote for an Irish black man that his skin tone.

White Hse Sta NJ
Username hidden
(4489 posts)
"...an intelligent teacher, who would then obviously support Romney..." ======= Romney is Republican, and Republicans want to fire a lot of teachers. Of course, they lie about this, to wider audiences. But that's one way they'd pay for billions in tax breaks for the rich.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Robert,

So lets say we have an intelligent teacher, who would then obviously support Romney. Would you still support said teacher for isolating a problem child wearing an obama t-shirt and assigning them the project too?

Or is it only OK in your book to punish those who fail to share your thinking? Curious as to if you are applying the normal double standard of the lefties?

Peoria AZ
Username hidden
(2381 posts)
Azqt:

Because the teacher is the master of thr classroom and thus can. More over, the student is going to be better able to defend their position when other students challenge them. (and they will be challenged often)

Why should the right leaning student work harder? Because they choose the side of harshness. But more pointedly, because with the report, the student can defende themselves in verbal arguments against the majority.

It isn't taking it out on the student because the right thinks that they work harder (which they don't... The right is just better at suckling from the system with subsadized workers) it is teaching the student that if they are going to have a unpopular belief... They will have to work harder at promoting it.

Unlike religion (idealy) politics affects everyone and is part of being a good citizen. School is meant to prepare the students for the real world and in the real world, if you stand against the fray, if you choose to stand out... You must work harder to prove your point of view.

Indoctrination is deducting points from the students who have views which run counter to the beliefs of the school... Learning that the teacher is your first employer and that unlike k-6th grade where everything is fair... Jr. High and high school shouldnt be entirely fair so to prepare those who want to stand up for their beliefs, exactly what they are in store for in the real world.

Bottom line, homework is like all school work. It is meant to prepare you for the real world and if you as a student are going to lead the pack by standing out or up... You should be challenged harder so to better prepare you for being a leader.

Besides, it is my understanding that all 12th graders must conduct a graduation project which takes up the entire year... If the student writes a well enough report... They could double it as their graduation project.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7782 posts)
I realize you stated such.

However if one student wore a t shirt that the teacher didn't approve of is assigned homework, it is still wrong. Why should just one student be singled out for differing opinion? Now if the assignment went to all students, it would be different. AND NOT with the statement that they had extra homework because of this one person choice of t shirt. Why would you expect one Right leaning student to have to work harder than the left leaning teacher or left leaning students? I realize the left counts on the Right to worker harder, but why take it out on kids? I thought the left wanted Religion kept out of schools, why not politics too? Otherwise it is just political indoctrination of impressionable young minds, not what I'm paying teachers to do.

Bottom line, homework assigned to just one student is punishment.

Peoria AZ
Username hidden
(2381 posts)
azqt:

"I see you are all for others doing research and being able to back it up with facts, you should try it also."

I do back my words with facts, you simply ignore them.

"I don't agree with punishing anybody for their choice of t shirt. What is next, some kid will wear a shirt of a football team the teacher doesn't like. Sounds like the teacher was a typical obama supporter and had no idea on how to handle a minor situation with intelligence, let alone a major one."

Already said that the teacher should have been suspended for the verbal abuse of the student. I then stated that if the teacher wanted to teach the child about his/her candidate, the teacher should have assigned homework and made the student produce a report.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7782 posts)
Robert,

I see you are all for others doing research and being able to back it up with facts, you should try it also.

I don't agree with punishing anybody for their choice of t shirt. What is next, some kid will wear a shirt of a football team the teacher doesn't like. Sounds like the teacher was a typical obama supporter and had no idea on how to handle a minor situation with intelligence, let alone a major one.

Peoria AZ
Username hidden
(2381 posts)
8inch:

Thank you.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7782 posts)
Good post Rob... We spend so much on the military, but burden teens and 20-somethings with debt before they even find a job. I know so many young ppl who grad'd high school or college and under-employed and frustrated.

Milwaukee WI
Username hidden
(2121 posts)
Azqt:

A teachers rant about being against another party or person from a party isn't news worthy or something most voters care about.

More over, such feelings are natual self survival instincts... Romney desires to reduce the education department... Obama desires to expand it.

I for one feel ashamed that we spend more on war, than we do on our education. Nothing positive comes from violence or war, nothing negative has ever come from education.

As for the teacher belittling the student, suspend the teacher without pay. We wouldn't accept students verbally abusing the teacher... The same should apply with those who should set the example.

Personally if I had been the teacher and I felt that the student needed to to taught about her candidate... I would assign the student reading material and have them write up a report on the candidate.

Worst case is that I would learn something, best case... The student learned something and could argue their points with facts backing them up.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7782 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Start   101 to 110 of 121   End
TOPIC: Stupidest Reasons for Voting for Obama