Stupid Government Waste : Swingers Discussion 2105991021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsStupid Government Waste
TOPIC: Stupid Government Waste
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   21 to 30 of 33   End
User Details are only visible to members.
VA:

"Private corporations wasting their own money "

Do these private corporations not take write offs? Do they not have the extra capital to waste as a result of those write offs and subsidized workers? So long as a company takes a write off or has a single subsidized worker... They live on the dime of the government.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7576 posts)
tbr

Private corporations wasting their own money is between them and their shareholders. If they are taking and wasting public money (which is where most this ultimately is spent) then that's fair game.

Of course government accomplishes good things. Does every thread have to include all other counterpoints? My point isn't "Government Sucks".

I was also going out of my way to be clear this is should not be a bash Obama or anyone else thread, that ridiculous wasteful government spending has been around a very long time and is nothing new.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19793 posts)
• $75,000 to promote awareness about the role Michigan plays in producing Christmas trees & poinsettias.

• $15.3 million for one of the infamous Bridges to Nowhere in Alaska.

• $113,227 for video game preservation center in New York.

• $550,000 for a documentary about how rock music contributed to the collapse of the Soviet Union.

• $48,700 for 2nd annual Hawaii Chocolate Festival, to promote Hawaii's chocolate industry.

• $350,000 to support an International Art Exhibition in Venice, Italy.

• $10 million for a remake of "Sesame Street" for Pakistan.

• $35 million allocated for political party conventions in 2012.

• $765,828 to subsidize "pancakes for yuppies" in the nation's capital.

• $764,825 to study how college students use mobile devices for social networking.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2787 posts)
One might take this thread a bit more seriously if one included stupid things private corporations do, or the good things that government accomplishes.

As it is, the thread is just another reactionary bash government thread, just like the dozens here, and the thousands elsewhere on the internet...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
Bobby Hil another Source of Governmant waste...But not the waste they are talking about.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
You both have points to your arguments, however Outdoors wins because his argument is anti war and war is always wasteful.

If you want a big waste, try looking at our maintenance of our war weapons. We have so many tanks that we do not have crews for even a quarter of the tanks... Most tanks will take us more than 3 years to bring back online... By then the need for them will be gone.

Second great war waste. Weapon systems in our tanks. They are great for picking on the blind and enept, but our real enemies out number our tanks 5 to 1... Worst yet we can't use our best weapon systems in the places our enemies reside... Urban areas.

As such most every vehicle more powerful than a 50 caliaber is useless unless it is a drone's missile. It seems that it is ok for a pilot in navada to bomb a home of a terrorist, but not ok to blast a snipers nest in Iraq (or other) using a tank.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7576 posts)
Make pottery, not war?

I just find it bizarre. My understanding from what I've seen is that pottery is already a major industry in Morocco. What politician said "Moroccans needs better teaching on pottery"?

If you're just dismiss everything cheaper than the Iraq war (which is almost anything), well....

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19793 posts)
Was the 27 million to teach Moroccans pottery a part of some larger program to improve economic conditions in poor countries? Is the 27/300 = 9 cents per American citizen one of the stupidest things we've done, when you consider (as mentioned) invading Iraq, which is more like $2000 per American?

Cheap and harmless are far from the more stupid things we could be doing. Especially if similar programs have been a lot more productive. Sometimes you never know until you do it.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Sparkling apple cider helps reduce the corrosive effect of Canadian expatriate, Republic-con Party political piss.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(7036 posts)
I'm not aware of any government spending on rhino farts as a source of renewable energy.

Is this guy just trying to keep his name at the top of every forum?

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19793 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   21 to 30 of 33   End
TOPIC: Stupid Government Waste