Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Studies on Swinging
TOPIC: Studies on Swinging
Created by: perfectmatch69
Original Starting post for this thread:
Depending upon recency and frequency, participation in any form of group sex may contribute to a decision against security approval if it is part of a pattern of dissolute behavior (drinking, drugs, gambling), high-risk behavior, or emotional immaturity.

Many swingers believe that so long as behavior is accordant with espoused beliefs, it can be healthy. What little research is available, combined with anecdotal evidence, suggests that swinging may be one of several unusual varieties of sexual preference that are not necessarily associated with emotional disorder. Nevertheless, psychological or psychiatric evaluation would be appropriate prior to denial or approval of any case in which group sex is an issue.

In 1998, Dr. Richard Jenks reviewed fifteen studies of swinging conducted since 1970. He reports that most swingers are middle- to upper-middle class with above average educations, incomes, and organizational status (i.e., management and professional positions). Over 90% of swingers are white and nearly two-thirds are between age 28 and 45. Swingers tend to be politically conservative.

In one study, swingers were slightly more irritable and had less self-restraint than nonswingers.

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
User Details are only visible to members.
Outdoors,,,this is a VERY personal opinion on MINE, and I want to make it clear I don't judge others or insist I am right....b But I do not conciser hot Wifeing to be swinging, and open marriage to be a separate issue from the swing lifestyle Again, that is just MY personal opinion

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
"True swingers beat the national average in marriage longevity

Open marriages fail more frequently than the national average

Hot wife relationships are generally doomed"

Do we then conclude that "true swingers" other than "hotwife" types are especially long-lived in marriage?

Are "open marriages" excluded from the swinger definition? If not, would this also improve the "true" category's longevity?

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
"Swingers tend to be politically conservative.

In one study, swingers were slightly more irritable and had less self-restraint than nonswingers."

Coincidence?

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Here is my VERY non scientific study based on owning one of most highly attended clubs in the Midwest

True swingers beat the national average in marriage longevity

Open marriages fail more frequently than the national average

Hot wife relationships are generally doomed

Not everyone who calls themselves a swinger actually is one

Every year, 1st time swingers from both ends of the age spectrum increases as under 25 and over 55 take the plunge

Poly triads are migrating from the traditions poly lifestyle scene to the swing lifestyle scene in droves

The social experiment trying to meld the Fet lifestyle with the swing lifestyle has failed miserably

The number of single bi females entering the lifestyle in urban areas has increased 10 fold over the past 5 years, they are no longer the unicorn

Swingers in the North and West tend to be more socially modest (clothing, attitudes, social norms) within the lifestyle than swingers in the south, but that status is reversed in terms of sex and play.

Swingers being above the national average in income may be true to an extent, but my observation is that many may appear to be so based on the fact that the swing lifestyle is the extent of their social life, and they spend disproportionately on it. ( I do not mean to make that sound like a negative)

In terms of education there seems to be a polarization, swingers tend to be either highly educated or extremely "low information" and the center of that is the minority

Club swingers, travel swingers, Biker and camper swingers, and private swingers have all developed as lifestyle sub cultures with very different rules traditions and attitudes.

Just some observations from over the years

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
One study also found that many swingers (38%) first met their spouses at swinging singles gatherings; in other words, the swinging preceded the marriage. Almost as many swingers as nonswingers had children, and most swingers said they would be pleased if their children adopted the same lifestyle; in many cases the parents had already facilitated their children's introduction to swinging.

The study found that the most pressing problem associated with swinging was that of sexually transmitted diseases.

Swinging may be a precursor to sexual addiction if the time devoted to swinging comes to dominate the swinger's life.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17464 posts)
A strong finding of the one study was that, as adolescents, swingers experienced all forms of erotic and romantic behavior at an earlier age than nonswingers. This generally correlates with a life-long, stronger-than-average sex drive. Swingers were far more likely to have experienced divorce; many married young and divorced soon thereafter.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17464 posts)
Depending upon recency and frequency, participation in any form of group sex may contribute to a decision against security approval if it is part of a pattern of dissolute behavior (drinking, drugs, gambling), high-risk behavior, or emotional immaturity.

Many swingers believe that so long as behavior is accordant with espoused beliefs, it can be healthy. What little research is available, combined with anecdotal evidence, suggests that swinging may be one of several unusual varieties of sexual preference that are not necessarily associated with emotional disorder. Nevertheless, psychological or psychiatric evaluation would be appropriate prior to denial or approval of any case in which group sex is an issue.

In 1998, Dr. Richard Jenks reviewed fifteen studies of swinging conducted since 1970. He reports that most swingers are middle- to upper-middle class with above average educations, incomes, and organizational status (i.e., management and professional positions). Over 90% of swingers are white and nearly two-thirds are between age 28 and 45. Swingers tend to be politically conservative.

In one study, swingers were slightly more irritable and had less self-restraint than nonswingers.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17464 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
TOPIC: Studies on Swinging