Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Still looking for the answers to many of Sapp's questions
TOPIC: Still looking for the answers to many of Sapp's questions
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   71 to 80 of 89   End
User Details are only visible to members.
JNM:

It's so typical. If people don't like the message, they attack the messenger or the source that gives them the message....or they block their ears from listening to anything but what flatters and fluffs up their own point of view. I've made a career of listening and learning from scholars who know more than I do, weighing their arguments against my own knowledge and letting them direct me to improve my understanding or to read more.

There's a reason why they call colleges liberal arts institutions and why people see the humanities and history as part of the liberal arts rather than calling a college a Conservative Arts institutution and seeing study in the humanities and history as part of the Conservative arts. For me, the liberal arts are so deeply connected to the habit of keeping an open-mind, never closing off one's mind from new evidence, new knowledge, new voices, and it involves a capacity to read carefully, with understanding of context, and a desire to puzzle something out by including all the pieces of the puzzle without throwing out the pieces that don't comply with one's beliefs.

I will have more to say about the liberal arts and why colleges teach the liberal arts.

Los Angeles CA
Username hidden
(4376 posts)
Thanks JMN for calling to the attention of various posters have they cut and run and duck and weave from questions. I'd be glad if any of them reviewed all of my posts to see where I have evaded or not answered questions on purpose. If there is any such question I have missed, I will answer it.

Lucky: Show me where I have called you a racist and a bigot. Please cite my own words. You and some others have a bad habit of putting words in my mouth and then attacking, setting up a straw arguments created out of your own misreadings or bile and then attacking them with the self-righteous vehemence of a lynching.

I also see that some posters in here like to send private messages to take a cheap shot and then block the person they are addressing....hit and run is now added to cut and run from challenging questions.

Destin: You posed a line suggesting that liberals should die. It is the one of the most--if not the most--despicable and un-American things I've seen posted down here. That's the politics of Saddam, not America.

PerfectMatch quotes Robert E. Lee, "The Civil War was not about slavery."

Lincoln said to Harriet Beecer Stowe when he met her, "So you're the little lady who started this Civil War."

Both statements need to be read in context. I could argue that what Lincoln said was true, but I don't believe it, and I think Lincoln was being humorous. Lincoln did know, howver, that abolition arguments and rhetoric and novels help enflame the debate over slavery between North and South, causing the South to distrust the North and think, as Jefferson Davis outlines in his April 1861 Message, that the North was plotting or conspiring to do away with slavery...not just in the new states but in the South.

Many in the South did not believe Lincoln when he said in a letter often quoted by PerfectMatch that his intention was not to free the slaves when the war first started. Everyone knew his intention--and the Republican Party platform--was to prevent the spread and extension of slavery. But they also distrusted Lincoln and the North and believed that they were plotting and planning to end slavery in the South as well. John Brown's raid on Harper's Ferry was something of a 9/11 terrorist attack in the eyes of the South, and it help lead to fear of the North and abolitionists....and to other efforts to stir up slave rebellions.

PerfectMatch: Do you believe the South generally believed Lincoln when he said he was not fighting the war to free the slaves and do you believe they were confident that the North, even with increased power in Congress coming from entry from free states in the West, would leave slavery alone in the South when there was a very vocal and significant minority calling for the entire abolishment of slavery? What do you think was the mindset in the South about Northern intentions regarding anti-slavery? To answer this question you will need to do real homework and read a wide range of primary sources, although just reading Jefferson Davis' April 1861 Message, where he gives eloquent articulation to such fears, would be a place to start.

Los Angeles CA
Username hidden
(4376 posts)
So jnm and sappy are the same person??? there was a pic up that looked like it... they certainly are joined at the hip in thought, liberal views, style of posting and generally a bad attitude that has gotten jnm suspended serveral times....just asking, not that I would report it to get both profiles suspended or anything lol

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
I all ready did it that way but was refereed to as a bigot and a racist. So I will resort to other way to express my point of view. OH and if Sapp is so eloquent why do you feel the need to defend him,her?

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
21)So what do you claim is your best piece of evidence for your point of view and how it refutes my 1000 pieces of evidence...along with the uniform consensus of scholars....which can be found in history textbooks and encyclopedia essays and Ken Burns' documentary on the Civil War?

22)Is your best piece of evidence Robert E. Lee's declaration that the Civil War was not about slavery?

Again who cares? I mean really if we argue we are bigots, So why bother. We have given Our point of view and put forth pieces if infomation that was ignored and have ask questions that went unaswered. And when they were answered they were answered with innuendo's of racism and intolerance on his/her/ part.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
20) Do you (and Lucky) think Uncle Tom's Cabin was a novel arguing the case for tariffs and economic exploitation of the South? I was about slavery, So you think a book caused the civil war?

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
13) Do you think they are getting taught Marxism and Communism in their business classes?

If they are being taught by Sapp yes.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
12) 20% of college students are business majors... the most majors of any disciplined. Is this a question?

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
10) By the way, did you ever see picture of Rumsfeld with Saddam, and do you know how buddy-buddy Reagan and Bush were with Saddam in the 1980s....when Saddam was a known tyrant. Do you remember that Reagan negotiated with terrorists in Iran and even traded arms for hostages?

Who cares I have old friends I dont talk to after they betrayed me as well.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
8)Do you want to follow what Jefferson said about using taxation and legislation to overcome inequalities of property in America and relieve more of the misery of the poor?

Funny Jefferson never said anything about the lazy now did he.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   71 to 80 of 89   End
TOPIC: Still looking for the answers to many of Sapp's questions