Still looking for the answers to many of Sapp's questions : Swingers Discussion 97812
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsStill looking for the answers to many of Sapp's questions
TOPIC: Still looking for the answers to many of Sapp's questions
Created by: JNMforPGHFUN The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 1 to 10 of 89   End
User Details are only visible to members.
sappy is a typical uninformed liberal, probably uneducated too.

Destin FL

Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Figures. If it is from someone who was there then it is rhetoric and shouldn't be believed. But if it is from a liberal then it is to be believed like the gospel. I suppose you thought Clinton was right to apologise to Japan for dropping the bomb during WWII.

Spencer TN

Username hidden
(6438 posts)
I have read them 3 times Once in college and twice in here and so far we still disagree. Lincoln was wrong and before 1865 America was wrong. I blame all of america for the racial tension in America TODAY. But I had nothing to do with it and I am a bigot and a racist. I mean dont you have anything else? besides Lincoln second inagural, and uncle Tom's cabin. And by the way Uncle Toms cabin was a story nothing more nothing less.

Saint Louis MO

Username hidden
(12439 posts)
sappy and jnm are the same so between them they account for 1/4

Destin FL

Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Actually I would say 9 to 1.5. Sapp and Jim are interchangeable

Spencer TN

Username hidden
(6438 posts)
Sweetbutt:

Where did you come up with that 1909 speech by John H. Reagan....from the Confederate Pride website? It can be found there as well.

The speech is Confederate pride rhetoric. Too bad the author did not have some humility as it would have helped him understand history better.

Reagan ignores the significance of the split over slavery in the Constitutional Convention (which led to the Great Compromise) ,

HIs speech is interesting to a historian to see how it participates in the attempt by many Southerners to rewrite the history of the Civil War in ways that excuse or ignore the issue of slavery as at the heart and soul of it.

OK: Call the war the "War of Northern Aggression."

But than what did you do with Jefferson Davis who said slavery was the issue of "transcendent magnitude" in the conflict that led to Secession?

Was Jefferson Davis guilty of Northern propaganda?

Los Angeles CA

Username hidden
(4376 posts)
That makes it 9 to 2 Economic V. Morality.

Saint Louis MO

Username hidden
(12439 posts)
FEDERAL Courts Hung John Brown for his insurrection. People like Brown had no morals. He ran a tavern, offered rooms to Yankees fresh off of the River Boats and killed them in their sleep and stole their money to finance his fanatical beliefs. If Slavery was the issue then Congress would have abolished it long before the Civil War. BTW with the South seceded Lincoln had no authority to free Southern Slaves until after the surrender at Appomattox.

Spencer TN

Username hidden
(6438 posts)
Well that just about says it all and only ill-informed people would argue: of course most of us already knew the FACTS! from SB below:

I respectfully disagree with those who claim that the War Between the States was fought over slavery or that the abolition of slavery in the Revolutionary Era or early Federal period would have prevented war. It is my opinion that war was inevitable between the North and South due to complex political and cultural differences. The famous Englishman Winston Churchill stated that the war between the North and South was one of the most unpreventable wars in history. The Cause that the Confederate States of America fought for (1861-1865) was Southern Independence from the United States of America. Many parallels exist between the War for American Independence ( 1775-1783 ) and the War for Southern Independence.

Destin FL

Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Lucky:

Try reading the following passage from Lincoln's 2nd Inaugural Address and then try telling me that there was not a religious basis to Northern critique and opposition to slavery.

Lincoln in this passage sees God Himself leading the war against the South: it was a religious crusade against an "evil empire" as well as an economic and political conflict just as, for Bush, the War against Iraq is a political-religious crusade against evil.

Lincoln, 2nd Inaugural Address:

It may seem strange that any men should dare to ask a just God's assistance in wringing their bread from the sweat of other men's faces, but let us judge not, that we be not judged. The prayers of both could not be answered. That of neither has been answered fully. The Almighty has His own purposes. "Woe unto the world because of offenses; for it must needs be that offenses come, but woe to that man by whom the offense cometh." If we shall suppose that American slavery is one of those offenses which, in the providence of God, must needs come, but which, having continued through His appointed time, He now wills to remove, and that He gives to both North and South this terrible war as the woe due to those by whom the offense came, shall we discern therein any departure from those divine attributes which the believers in a living God always ascribe to Him? Fondly do we hope, fervently do we pray, that this mighty scourge of war may speedily pass away. Yet, if God wills that it continue until all the wealth piled by the bondsman's two hundred and fifty years of unrequited toil shall be sunk, and until every drop of blood drawn with the lash shall be paid by another drawn with the sword, as was said three thousand years ago, so still it must be said "the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether."

p.s. Do you think the Iraq War is just about money and oil, or do you believe GW Bush when he says it is a crusade for freedom and against evil?

Los Angeles CA

Username hidden
(4376 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 1 to 10 of 89   End
TOPIC: Still looking for the answers to many of Sapp's questions