Stand Your Ground Law : Swingers Discussion 198515102732
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsStand Your Ground Law
TOPIC: Stand Your Ground Law
GoTo Page: Less ... 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275
Start   2732 to 2741 of 2741 
User Details are only visible to members.
I don't carry right now but I am a gun guy and may carry sometime who knows. This is not about the gun, it is about a guy who decided to do something very wrong. He was told not to follow the kid but he did, told not to confront the kid but he did, we don't know all the details but seems the incident could have been easily avoided. I wish they would have used a brick so we could get the anti brick people all worked up. Just to be clear, If the final investigation warrents it, I think the shooter should be prosicuted to the fullest extent.

Greencastle PA
Username hidden
(514 posts)
That poor kid was stalked because of his skin color alone. He went to the store for some skittles and ice tea. He tried to get home and away from the "watchman" but he was being followed and stalked. The watchman was told not to follow the kid. The kids is dead. He was unarmed. The watchman should already be under arrest. His license to carry a gun revoked. He should be tried for first degree murder.

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
I know this will put some people off, but I've carried for years and still do. There's alot of responsibility and rulea that go along with it. 1)Feeling a threat is not the same as being in imminent mortal danger. 2)You should never introduce yourself to a situation. Thats what cops are for.

Redford MI
Username hidden
(303 posts)
The man had a permit for the weapon, but how threatened could he have felt if he followed the kid. And I would think that his 911 call would be enough to indicate that he was the aggresor.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5296 posts)
Btw. Since when do Neighborhood Watch Groups walk around armed?

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2789 posts)
The problem is that the person has to "reasonably believe" that they were threatened.

What is "reasonable" is extremely subjective. It's also very difficult to attempt to put a jury in the situation and see it from the eyes of the allegedly threatened person to determine if it is reasonable or not. What may seem perfectly reasonable to someone at the time may look ridiculous when one stands back and thinks about it.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19878 posts)
How can someone, with a gun, feel threatened by someone, who doesn't have a weapon at all? The guy should have called 911 and let the police figure it out. He was told not to follow but he did anyway. We don't need trigger happy citizens running around. They are more dangerous than criminals.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17963 posts)
That's what I don't get. I can see if someone has a weapon and you're cornered.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2789 posts)
It basically is a license to get away with murder if the shooter says he or she was threatened and there is no witness to contradict that.

It's one thing if you are defending against a home invasion and/or there is a provable threat of serious bodily harm. It's a whole different animal if someone is allowed to confront someone in a public place where there is a means of escape or avoidance short of capping the kid.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
What's your feeling about the neighborhood watch dude shooting the kid in Florida? Is feeling like you're being threatened enough to warrant shooting somebody?

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2789 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275
Start   2732 to 2741 of 2741 
TOPIC: Stand Your Ground Law