Stand Your Ground Law : Swingers Discussion 19851510141
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsStand Your Ground Law
TOPIC: Stand Your Ground Law
GoTo Page: Less ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... More 
Start   141 to 150 of 2741   End
User Details are only visible to members.
As far as locking up people for making less than bright choices~~There are not enough jails to hold the Obama voters.

Sanford NC

Username hidden
(19237 posts)
I don't care what your female partner thinks?

I only care what is the law, not what makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Following is not against the law, in any state.

Brutally beating another person is against the law, in every state.

If people were locked up just on warm and fuzzy feelings. I would lock every libtard and throw away the key.

Sanford NC

Username hidden
(19237 posts)
This conversation is going nowhere, and really, shame on me for getting involved in it in the first place because all political/legal conversations just go in circles. So I'll just close with this and hopefully can resist taking anymore bait in here.

Do I think Zimmerman intended to kill anyone? No.

Do I think that Martin was the angel that he was portrayed to be by family and the media? No. Very few teenagers are ever trouble free.

Do I think that Zimmerman was a little overzealous in his behavior? Yes.

Do I think that Zimmerman was a little reckless in his behavior? Yes.

Do I think that Martin was doing anything that warranted him being followed? No. I have no idea how many backyards I cut through on my way to and from my home as a kid. I do know that I was never followed by anyone though.

Do I think that Zimmerman needs to bear the responsibility of his actions? Yes. I think he tried going above and beyond what is required/expected from a neighborhood watch volunteer and it resulted in the death of a teenager.

Do I think that Zimmerman needs to spend the rest of his life in prison? No.

Do I think Zimmerman needs to spend any time in prison? Yes. I feel he was reckless and negligent in trying to play detective.

How long should Zimmerman spend in prison? 3-5 years (including time served), parole eligible after 18-24 months.

Do I think that Zimmerman would have acted differently if he didn't have a gun in his possession? Yes. I think he would have stayed in his car.

Do I think that guns should be outlawed or that private citizens shouldn't carry them? No.

Do I think that the "Stand Your Ground Law" should be abolished? Perhaps. If nothing else, it could certainly use a fairly significant overhaul.

Also, for the record, my female partner was a police officer for nearly 10 years. She believes that Zimmerman is at fault. Her father is a retired police officer of over 30 years. He believes that Zimmerman is at fault. I'm a military vet of 18 years and this topic has been discussed ad nauseam among my peers and most believe that Zimmerman over stepped his bounds.

T

Danville PA

Username hidden
(3199 posts)
"...it's that so much of what they know isn't true"

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16698 posts)
The dispatcher said "we don't need you to do that"

It had nothing to do with his vehicle, NOTHING!

As far as following him it was a suggestion, anybody who thinks it was an order is a moron. Dispatchers have no authority to tell anybody not to, or to do anything.

But since you brought it up, Zimmerman replied OK, and there was no indication he was still following Martin.

Sanford NC

Username hidden
(19237 posts)
Sure, if you want to be literal, the dispatcher didn't tell him to get back in his car and only said to stop following him....which is the fault of the dispatcher. He/she should have been more specific with the instructions. But that still doesn't change the fact that Zimmerman shouldn't have been following this kid around the neighborhood in the first place on nothing more than a hunch.

Also, I can't help but laugh at the irony of the defense of Zimmerman since it's a very LIBERAL interpretation of the Stand Your Ground law.

T

Danville PA

Username hidden
(3199 posts)
Where did the dispatcher tell Zimmerman to stay in his vehicle?

Sanford NC

Username hidden
(19237 posts)
Right around the time when they said "We don't need you to do that."

Now if you want to argue that the dispatcher should have been more precise with the directions, then I would agree. But I'd think that a person of moderate intelligence and common sense would take that to mean that they should get back in their vehicle or their house or any other place not in the open, where they could potentially put themselves at risk.

T

Danville PA

Username hidden
(3199 posts)
Dispatcher

He's running? Which way is he running? Ambient sounds are heard which may be Zimmerman unbuckling his seat belt and his vehicle's "open door" chime sounding. The change in his voice and the sound of wind against his cell phone mic indicate that he has left his vehicle and is now walking. The dispatcher seems to pick up on these changes and sounds concerned when he later asks Zimmerman if he is following Martin.

Zimmerman

Down towards the other entrance to the neighborhood.

Dispatcher

Which entrance is that that he's heading towards?

Zimmerman

The back entrance…(expletive)(unclear)

This section of the recording has been the subject of much speculation. Some suggest that Zimmerman has just made a racial slur, but the audio is not clear.

Dispatcher

Are you following him?

Zimmerman

Yeah.

Dispatcher

Ok, we don't need you to do that. ----------------------------------------------------------

Now please Cpl tell in that snip of the transcript where the dispatcher told Zimmerman to stay in his vehicle?

Sanford NC

Username hidden
(19237 posts)
"Even after the police told you on the phone to go home??? So your judgement is better, or worse than Zimmerman's? lol I guess YOU wouldn't have to confront the driver of the van..........but he isn't moving in my scenario."

The scenarios are different. In Zimmerman's case, he was following someone and the police told him he didn't need to.

In the scenario you came up with, a van is parked on the street and if I park across the street or down the street, I still don't pose any threat to the guy in the van. I'm just a dude parked in my vehicle, just like him.

Now, if the van drives away, then you have a similar situation. And I can say for certain that once the van left the area, I wouldn't follow it because there's no crime in driving a van down the street. I'd also probably hang out to make sure the van didn't come back before the bus arrived and alert any parents that show up to keep an eye out for that van. At no time in your scenario was there any reason for me to get out of my vehicle.

T

Danville PA

Username hidden
(3199 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... More 
Start   141 to 150 of 2741   End
TOPIC: Stand Your Ground Law