Stand Your Ground Law : Swingers Discussion 19851510121
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsStand Your Ground Law
TOPIC: Stand Your Ground Law
GoTo Page: Less ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... More 
Start   121 to 130 of 2746   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Somebody is trying to teach pigeons chess again...

Lakeside CA

Username hidden
(17243 posts)
"Also, see if you can make an argument without throwing the "typical liberal" bullshit in there. I am liberal. I'm also conservative. I'm not offended by either. The fact that people throw both terms around as if they're some sort of insult goes to show just how close minded and blind people really are. "

The quote ofthe week!

Welcome to the forums. Glad to see you picked up on their their code words.

Phoenix AZ

Username hidden
(2083 posts)
People are presumed innocent until proven guilty! That is the standard of the law.

They cannot be guilty and innocent at the same time. You can imagine anything you like in your little mind, but that is not the law.

If you have something in the law that states a person is guilty until proven innocent please cite it.

Sanford NC

Username hidden
(19231 posts)
FJ, the answer to your direct question is "no," a person found "not guilty" is not found "guilty."

They are not found "innocent" either. You can rant all night, or until mommy calls you in for supper, but juries in criminal cases are simply not empowered to rule on a person's innocence.

You frequently demonstrate the inability to comprehend nuance, this is just the latest example.

Amherst Canada

Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Our justice system is supposed to based on Blackstone's Formulation: "better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer"

That's the way it should work, but reality seems to get in the way.

Username hidden
(903 posts)
MT just answer the question.

By law is a person found not guilty, actually guilty?

Sanford NC

Username hidden
(19231 posts)
Our justice system is supposed to based on Blackstone's Formulation: "better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer"

Couldn't agree with this more.

T

Danville PA

Username hidden
(3167 posts)
"It's the nature of our justice system. "

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
I do not recall ever hearing a judge instruct the jury that the accused is "presumed innocent." I have heard many judges explain to the jury that the state has the burden of proving guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

The jury has to fill out something called a verdict form. For each count charged, the verdict form will say "Guilty" or "Not Guilty."

I am sure I have NEVER heard a judge tell a defendant that he has been found innocent. Criminal juries are simply not empowered to make this decision.

FJ can play word games, argue semantics, name call and spin it any way he wants. Still, his contentions are oversimplifications from a simple mind.

Amherst Canada

Username hidden
(2284 posts)
That is true Sweet, and they own, buy, carry guns, and do all the things other innocent until proven guilty people do.

There is a big difference between emotions, public opinion, and the law.

Sanford NC

Username hidden
(19231 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... More 
Start   121 to 130 of 2746   End
TOPIC: Stand Your Ground Law