Sparkling GOPoop Soda : Swingers Discussion 220846
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsSparkling GOPoop Soda
TOPIC: Sparkling GOPoop Soda
Created by: Z_Z_Krewe
Original Starting post for this thread:
Learn all about the selling of insane American politics by studying some of the marketing secrets of companies who make bad things seem good for your brain and body.

{Conservative talk show commercial narrative: Need refreshment after a long day of refuting progressive/liberal contributors to the blogosphere fora you visit as a troll? Drink GOPoop Soda. Your bowel movements will increase and god will cause your toilet tank to swirl with approval!}

[Sponsored by your local TeaPublican anti-science, pro-gun shooter, god-loving pseudo-American patriot willing to become a political candidate in your next local election}.

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
User Details are only visible to members.
Another one for the "not worth its own thread" pile.. and really more for Fun's sake, since it's sort of along the lines of his joking about grudgefucking conservative babes.

A well-known female liberal blogger and radio host at the University of Wyoming (UW) is being accused by police of fabricating a rape threat against herself to appear as if it came from a conservative.

The obscene message directed at activist Meg Lanker-Simons was posted on a college “crush” Facebook page earlier this week and immediately ignited outrage from the college community.

“I want to hate f**k Meg Lanker-Simons so hard. That chick that runs her liberal mouth all the time and doesn’t care who knows it,” it read. “I think its hot and it makes me angry. One night with me and shes gonna be a good Republican bitch,” the post reads, according to a screenshot.

Before the post was removed, Lanker-Simons commented on it and on her own blog, calling it “disgusting, misogynistic, and apparently something the admins of this page think is a perfectly acceptable sentiment.”

But on Monday, The University of Wyoming Police Department issued a citation to Lanker-Simons for “interference” for “false statements she made to the UW Police Department,” according to a UW statement referred to by Laramie Boomerang Online.

"Subject admitted to making a controversial post on UW Crushes webpage and then lied about not doing it," according to the citation.

The University of Wyoming also confirmed a statement that the police had “"obtained substantial evidence verifying that the offending Facebook post came from Lanker-Simons' computer, while the computer was in her possession.”

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20207 posts)
"going at literal breakneck speed"

Certainly, to each their own on that. We know a lifestyle couple who are into that kind of thing. About 4 years ago she was flying around a blind corner (but on a trail she was familiar with) to find that a tree had fallen across the path. She crushed her shoulder in the crash and has spent the years since constantly having surgeries and physical therapy to gain her function, and probably the only reason she fully recovered was her youth - she was I think 25 when it happened. She was only cleared to ride a bike again last fall, and she's back at it again.

OK. I'm all for thrill-seeking, but I'm not that crazy.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20207 posts)
VB, I'm mostly with you on that. The Mrs is almost entirely with you. We often drive as far as we can (in a Prius), get the bikes off and ride an old logging road that's now a "trail"; hide the bikes and go hiking. The bike lets us get "out there" in fewer hours and with fewer miles on the feet.

The best of all worlds is to take the bikes up the Parkway to a high point, drive back down, hike back up, and ride back down to the car. We call this "self shuttling".

Some of the bike trails around here are pretty easy going. Most of the trail riders seem insane to me, going at literal breakneck speed, with no possible chance to enjoy the views.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
I despise off-road biking. I love fast smooth roads and being able to take in the scenery without having to worry about a zillion obstacles like tree roots. I love the mental peace I get from cruising on a bicycle with only casual attention to the quality of the surface I'm riding on (like when you're driving a car). I get no such peace if I'm having to constantly focus on the surface ahead of me and plan out every inch of where my wheel is going, lest I wipe out.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20207 posts)
18 years between accidents isn't really "accident prone". But 2 in 2 years, after age 70 might be a trend.

I took up mountain biking just a couple years ago. Broken collarbone is always what I picture. I don't like the idea of walking out all busted up, nor of having to leave my bike in the woods, etc. But the slow pace of healing at my age does make me avoid the scary stuff.

Zipping down the Blue Ridge Parkway around 30 mph, some guys go by me seemingly twice as fast, with their road bikes and tight outfits.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Again, nothing to do with Z's thread, but it isn't worthy of its own. More like a story about a political person, rather than a political story.

Associate Justice Stephen Breyer underwent reverse shoulder replacement surgery for a proximal humerus fracture sustained during a bicycle accident.

The justice previously broke his collarbone in an accident in 2011 and sustained broken ribs and a punctured lung in a bicycle mishap in 1993, before he joined the court, The Associated Press reported.

While I think it's awesome that at 74 years old Justice Breyer still hauls ass around on a bicycle, it seems he is a little accident-prone. Be more careful please, Sir. Wishing him well in his recovery.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20207 posts)
Someone realized the value of this topic.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(7064 posts)
Nothing to do with Z's thread, and I have nowhere obvious to put this, but I found it interesting.

47 percent of ABC News/Washington Post survey participants say they approve of Mr. Bush’s job performance during his entire eight years in the White House - tied with President Obama's current approval rating. Fifty percent still say they disapprove — but that’s still an improvement.

When he left office, his approval rating was only 33 percent, ABC reported. His disapproval rating, meanwhile, was 66 percent — tied with disgraced Richard Nixon, ABC reported.

Most presidents do gain in public favor in the years after leaving office. But it’s not a given: In the years following President Bill Clinton’s exodus from the White House, he actually dropped in public favor by 4 percentage points, ABC reported.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20207 posts)
Learn all about the selling of insane American politics by studying some of the marketing secrets of companies who make bad things seem good for your brain and body.

{Conservative talk show commercial narrative: Need refreshment after a long day of refuting progressive/liberal contributors to the blogosphere fora you visit as a troll? Drink GOPoop Soda. Your bowel movements will increase and god will cause your toilet tank to swirl with approval!}

[Sponsored by your local TeaPublican anti-science, pro-gun shooter, god-loving pseudo-American patriot willing to become a political candidate in your next local election}.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(7064 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
TOPIC: Sparkling GOPoop Soda