Some Marines will leave if women in combat : Swingers Discussion 2162781011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsSome Marines will leave if women in combat
TOPIC: Some Marines will leave if women in combat
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   11 to 20 of 39   End
User Details are only visible to members.
That must be a National Guard thing then, because no Commanding Officer in the Marines can simply toss a person from the unit, at least not if the individual is still serving out their initial obligation.

Example: A standard entry contract with the military is 8 years. Typically, an active duty contract is 4 years active duty and 4 years in the "inactive" reserves (IRR). A typical reserve contract is 6 years in the reserves and 2 years in the IRR. These contract lengths are uniform across the board, regardless of the branch of service (there is some deviation in the breakdown, but overall length is 8 years).

While in the IRR you are not required to train or have any actual association with the military. You're basically part of a pool for the military to reach into and recall back to active duty in war time. You have no obligation maintain the same level of standards as those serving....grow a beard, long hair, piercings, get fat, etc. But I digress.....

So, lets say you join the reserves on a 6 x 2 contract. During those first 6 years, your ass belongs to the military. No matter how much your CO hates you, he/she cannot simply "fire" you and have you discharged without probable cause (multiple infractions, multiple write ups and finally, approval from some sort of Commanding General, usually after a review board). The process to discharge (it's actually called an Administrative Separation, btw) anyone from both active duty and the reserves is a painstakingly slow process.

Now, lets say you make it through the first 6 years. During those 2 years remaining on your contract, you have the option of staying with your unit. You also have the option to find another unit if you'd like. Or, you have the option to just walk away and hope that you don't get recalled. Any person who is serving in the reserves beyond their initial obligation (6 yrs) can pretty much be fired on the spot. It's still not quite that simple, but it's a lot less complicated than trying to get rid of a person who is still serving out their initial obligation. And on the flip side, anyone serving beyond their initial obligation and chooses to remain in the reserves is free to "quit" anytime they want.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
Cplo:

Technically speaking, your commander can simply toss you out. They can end your contract if they don't like you... More over you and I both know that if the commander wishes to find a reason to terminate you... They will find one. Failing too many PT evals is an easy reason to use, sadly these women give the commanders more excuses to kick them out than they deserve.

The guys aren't much better with the reasons to kick them, but at the least they serve and do the job... Which has become bullet catching and rarely throwing.

I could talk for hours about how my fathers unit was ordered not to engage the people shoot them. About his they couldn't shoot people in buildings until they cleared the buildings by foot first...

As far as I am concerned... We're a US soldier is forced to fight, death riding on its black steed, breathing fire ought to follow... Not to reap the souls of our soldiers, but the poor fucks (and thise around the poor fucks) who shot at our soldiers.

I am not hearts and mind approved.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7449 posts)
"Cplo:

I do not know what units you are with in PA, but a unit my fathers bergade just dropped three women who got knocked up just before their deployment. The grounds were that they weren't useful to the unit and couldn't fulfill their contract.

Maybe the army national guard from fort Indian town gap to scranton are playing it rouge, or the units you are now with are playing it soft on them... But those connected to the Strykers aren't being given slack."

Ok, you're talking about the reserves...and the National Guard at that. Totally different policies than active duty military. Still, I spent 5 years as an active duty staff member at a reserve unit. We had females and some of them even got pregnant. None were discharged. Typically, when a reserve unit is mobilized, any reservist who is unable to deploy (whether they are pregnant or otherwise injured), those individuals might be activated to stay behind and work everyday at the reserve unit while the bulk of the unit deploys or they may just be kept in a reserve status and only required to do their normal 1 weekend a month routine.

Straight up discharging a female for getting pregnant is very uncommon, unless it can be proven that the pregnancy was intentional in order to avoid deployment......which is pretty much impossible to prove without a confession.

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
Robert..interesting you want to make all manner of excuses for mental , integrity and character issues, but want a one size fits all criteria for physical issues.

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
Party:

You can say that for the men while deployed... And they do receive artical 15s all the time for having sex while deployed... But the women have access to civilians as well. Both here in the states and deployed.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7449 posts)
Cplo:

I do not know what units you are with in PA, but a unit my fathers bergade just dropped three women who got knocked up just before their deployment. The grounds were that they weren't useful to the unit and couldn't fulfill their contract.

Maybe the army national guard from fort Indian town gap to scranton are playing it rouge, or the units you are now with are playing it soft on them... But those connected to the Strykers aren't being given slack.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7449 posts)
Party:

I don't care if they are one armed and no legged and have no education what do ever.

Unless you want to segregate the military into women and men only sections based upon mos... You can't pick and choose what men and women can choose as their MOS. besides, if you are in the national guard... You are likely going to be front line infantry anyway.

In 2004 my fathers support (fuel, and other) unit was deployed as MPs... Somehow Military police are patrolling street corners, protecting Iraqi dignataries. (which by the way, the US military isn't allowed to be used to protect forigen government officials in war zones) any generally doing the job of the infantry... They were never recognized for this... They weren't given infantry badges...

Either way, given how anyone regardless of mos can find themselves cut off while in a convoy... Everyone ought to be kept to the same physical standards which allow them to do the job of the infanty.

If that means that I couldn't have made it... The so be it. In combat, each man needs to count on you to pull, drag, or otherwise get them to cover if they are shot. Bullets don't care about sex or physical build.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7449 posts)
Robert,

As an 18 year Vet, I'm well versed in military policy when it comes to females and deployments. And no, females who get pregnant before deployment are not automatically discharged. They are pulled from the deployment rotation and a new, non-pregnant body is put in her place. Pregnancy is not an automatic discharge. Hell, women who have gotten pregnant on deployments aren't even discharged. They're simply sent back to the states. They might stand NJP for having sex on deployment, but they aren't getting discharged.

While it is true that getting pregnant has been a means for females to keep from getting deployed, I suspect that will be less of an issue with women who choose to join an MOS in the combat arms. In order for a female to successfully make it through Infantry School, she's going to have to work 3x as hard on physical fitness as her male counterparts and I just don't see too many women who would put that kind of effort in and then choose to get knocked up at the last minute to avoid deployment. I'm sure there will be some, but I think they'd be far, few and in between. Then again, I also suspect that there will be very few women who actually choose to go into the combat arms to begin with.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
Robert...how about the men keep it in their pants? Seems like a pretty good work around to me

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
Cplo:

The military will not deploy a pregnate female to war. As too many females tried to skip deployments by magically becoming knocked up both before and or during the deployment... General order 1a, no sex. Is in effect while deployed... And before the deployment, you are simply discharged as you are now useless. (there is a cut off where the military will keep you... If you are pregnat before the warning order)

The PA national guard was plagued and still is plagued with this crap. But short of mandatory abortions or mandatory extensions to enlistments and basing enlistments on deployment time, not years of service... You can't get around this problem:

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7449 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   11 to 20 of 39   End
TOPIC: Some Marines will leave if women in combat