Somber Milestone : Swingers Discussion 209560
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsSomber Milestone
TOPIC: Somber Milestone
Created by: Nkenswing
Original Starting post for this thread:
According to a New York Times analysis of Department of Defense records, the number of U.S. armed forces killed in the war in Afghanistan reached 2,000 late last week. The analysis shows that half of those 2,000 troops died in the last 27 months, one of every two died in the southern province of Kandahar or Helmand, and the Marine Corps has suffered the highest fatality rate of any branch of the armed forces. So glad our son made it back in one piece...
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 12   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Aint that the truth NK, To me after we lost say like 10 soldiers due to the same shit, People they were helping decide to follow the Muslim hatred and kill the ones helping, Fuck them we should have been gone long time ago. Also like fj said we should not even be there in the first place, Then on top of all the other crap,,,OBAMASS And his crew were asked several times to think twice about arming the Lybiya malittias before funding them and now we know they are the enemy.

Mickey.

Rayne LA

Username hidden
(4714 posts)
When the people the US are trying to prepare and train to govern themselves turn their weapons on US soldiers, fuck em! We should leave their piece of shit country and let them sink or swim on their own...

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(2640 posts)
M, I am not talking beat in the sense of occupation. We did whup Afghanistan, but we stayed. This was not so bad under Bush as he did not make it a pinnacle of achievement. What should have happened we should have left while we were ahead, not dig in deeper.

IMO what we need to do now, is pull out, use drones when we have reliable intelligence. Stop bombing Pakistan before we end up with egg on our face there. And stop supporting our enemies to overtake countries that were stable.

Concentrate our efforts on Iran, if we must meddle in a countries affairs. I believe Obama made a mistake with Iraq, he now knows it. He wants a victory in Afghanistan, but it did not sink in quick enough, it is impossible. Now I believe he wants out badly but he will not do it until after the election. He does not want to admit failure.

Sanford NC

Username hidden
(19231 posts)
FJ,

Afghanistan can not be beat. Not by a modern nation. It's impossible. It isn't a conventional war, it's a war of modern society against literally barbarians on extremely hostile turf.

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16526 posts)
Fjep:

The soviets wanted to create another communist satellite nation. The afghan communist had gained power and invited the Russians in ti help remove the radical islamics who fought against the modernization if Afghanistan.

As both nations shared a boarder and the soviet union had been suffering increased problems emminsting from there, it was ideal to improve Afghanistan ti such a point as ti be trade partners. This would have lead to a higher standard of living for the afghans and destruction of radical Islam.

Sadly this isn't a quick thing to do... You are forcing a people to change their culture. Imagin beging told you must now give up your weapons. Or more pointedly, imagine being told that sharia law is now in effect.

For the afghan people, this is the cultural change not only the soviets treied, but parts of their own people. These attempts to modernize Afghanistan have been going in sense the 1930s. And every time the religious leaders lead rebellions against the leadership of Afghanistan.

The rebels typically came from the more remote areas. Areas where men enjoyed more power over women... And traded daughters for animals or other.

Obama is fooling himself in thinking that this kind of culture can be changed by an outsider... But we humans typically like to help each other up. This is why only the radicals are the ones who suffer the worst in life from childhood to death.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6882 posts)
Afghanistan can be beat, but it cannot be occupied, not long term. Russia could have easily leveled them and then left. I don't understand why they did not.

Sanford NC

Username hidden
(19231 posts)
M, we did under Bush, and we really had to. But we were doing a sort of cold war in Afghanistan after the initial ass kicking. We should have got out then. This changed with Obama in the 2008 election he came hard with rhetoric, inviting the Islamic nutcases to join the Taliban. Obama dared the assholes to kick our ass in Afghanistan, and honestly they are. If Obama had not made his remarks there would be allot less dead soldiers. Words do have meaning.

I was not the only one that said sending more troops to that hell hole was a mistake. Not unless we went full out, and even then we could not maintain it like we were before. Once the gauntlet was thrown it was a disaster in the making. Obama should pull out all troops NOW.

Sanford NC

Username hidden
(19231 posts)
Sadly short of genocide... Afghanistan can not be conqured, it must be assimilated into other nations. Broken up into parts and given ti the neighboring nations who want to exploit its resources and can or are willing to kill many thousands of afghans.

Personally I say to wall it off and leave its people to inbreed themselves into exteinction. So long as we do not believe in using real force and killing religious leaders in the mosqu, when ever they speak of violence... We cannot hope to reeducate the locals... Let alone control them.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6882 posts)
FJ,

We invaded Afghanistan during the Bush regime. And I recall distinctly stating to my husband and friends that America is going to learn it's lesson just like Russia did. The first thing that Gorby did when he won the Russian election, was pull out from Afghanistan. Afghanistan can not be won, it never has been.

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16526 posts)
That's some funny shit right there...

Lakeside CA

Username hidden
(17242 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 12   End
TOPIC: Somber Milestone