Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Soilless farming
TOPIC: Soilless farming
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... More 
Start   32 to 41 of 171   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"Irrigation water evoporates and comes back as more rain and this causes flash flooding." How stupid can someone really be? The Mohave Desert should be a swamp by now with all of the irrigation water evaporating from the irrigation in California and coming back as rain. Stupid statement. Just plain stupid.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
I present resources backing my claims with one link after another... The both of you present one sorry excuse for ignoring the links after another.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7775 posts)
Looking I did not include what the corp of engineers used for figures including runoff from other use other than personal. Their figure for Chicago water usage at over double the estimates for family use.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
Bobby where you are making your complaints are the great lakes surrounded by major libtard cities. There are mostly no water problems on a continual basis in rural areas. The problems with water in those large cities is based on the population.

Chicago alone uses around 230,000,000 gallons a day. And that is Chicago alone.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
bobby your numbers are skewed , it seems that included in your irrigation usage is for Parks, Lawns, golf courses...

how is that an accurate assessment for use to get a honest estimate for usage of irrigation if it is not broken down to what is used for production of food , and what is used for recreational purposes....

another typical spin of fact.. Nice try, try again please Citing what irrigation is used for food production since that was what you originally spouted.....

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9724 posts)
"Irrigation accounts for about a third of water use and is currently the largest use of fresh water in the United States. Irrigation water use includes water used for growing crops, frost protection, chemical applications, weed control, and other agricultural purposes, as well as water used to maintain areas such as parks and golf courses. Historically, more surface water than ground water has been used for irrigation. However, the percentage of total irrigation withdrawals from ground water has continued to increase, from 23 percent in 1950 to 42 percent in 2000. Irrigated acreage more than doubled between 1950 and 1980, then remained constant before increasing nearly 7 percent between 1995 and 2000. The number of acres irrigated with sprinkler and microirrigation systems has continued to increase and now comprises more than one-half the total irrigated acreage."

"Public-supply water use has increased steadily since 1950 and accounted for about 11 percent of water use in 2000"

This is basically what we all use daily for bathing, drinking and eating

"In 2000, self-supplied industrial water withdrawals accounted for about 5 percent of water use."

Making the thing we use.

Please review this.

ht tp://nationalatlas.g ov/articles/water/a_wateruse.ht ml

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7775 posts)
sorry about that I tried to edit

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9724 posts)
I guess the irrigation systems many produce farms use are just there for their looks, just as the drainage ditches that encircle said plots , with drainiage controls.... no bobby they just turn on a spigot, and let the water just run off.

Bobby do understand how much sewage water id dishcharged into the rivers around a city like NY alone? Do you have an idea of the Daily consumption ( including wasete) per person per day in a city like NY. Yet you claim More water is used growing crops, Most if not all farmers understand the value of water, most farmers knew about water conservation eons before it became an issue.

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9724 posts)
I don't think Bobby has any idea of the amount of land it takes to process sewage for one person, and keep ground water safe. And then consider the size of the large major cities. Bobby thinks they just redirect the shit and piss, and chemical filled water back into the drinking supply.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
I suggest you also look into what sewage treatment for large cities encompasses. And where that treated sewage goes before making completely stupid remarks.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... More 
Start   32 to 41 of 171   End
TOPIC: Soilless farming