Soilless farming : Swingers Discussion 21659210141
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsSoilless farming
TOPIC: Soilless farming
GoTo Page: Less ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Start   141 to 150 of 171   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"Wow, awesome. I could have a cow leg growing in my basement and working out by pumping water, or turning a turbine for electricity. "

Outdoor, I must give credit where credit is due. That's one of the funniest things I've read in a while.

Columbia SC
Username hidden
(19130 posts)
VA,

He's in Hazeltown PA. Saturday Night Fever is about to hit their theaters!

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
lkes= lakes

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
I get 80+% of our meat from the woods, fields or lkes/rivers. I can't remember the last time we bought beef, pork or chicken to make at home. If I have to prepare, I'll prepare by buying more ammunition.

Yes, I realize that when we eat out it's farm raised.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
They want to research cloning arms and legs for transplants to people without them... Namely those who lose limbs. If they can start to grow a arm in a lab using stem cells, then their exist no reason that they cannot grow a slab of meat in a similar lab for food.

Granted if they wouldn't attach the meat to a device of some kind to stretch it and do onto it what is done to regular meat over time of the animals growth... The meat might look and will taste different.

In fact you will likely not get the same flavor, but when you have a ever increasing global population, shrinking land to grow the food on and increasing instability in the global market... Will you care if the meat taste good or not? You are starving, you can either eat it or die...

These are the conditions that we must prepare for... And hope with science we can avoid.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7359 posts)
Cloning a single muscle? I admit I hadn't heard of doing that for food.

That raises an interesting question: If the muscle is grown in a lab, would a vegetarian be OK with eating "meat" that didn't come from a cute living, walking mooing/oinking cow or pig?

I'm still not so sure that you would get the same flavor by cloning and growing muscle tissue. Diet, fat, blood and bone add to the flavor of meat.

No more sweeping up "parts" from the floor to make hot dogs.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
"...all you need is stem cells which haven't been encoded yet, learn how to properly code them to make the part of the animal which is desired and ensure the proper nutritional supplements are ejected into the meat.

Physical build up of the meat can be done by means of technology to work the muscle... Attach it to a artificial limb and have the muscle move as it would on an animal. "

Wow, awesome. I could have a cow leg growing in my basement and working out by pumping water, or turning a turbine for electricity.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Robert watched on TV, and read it on the internet.

Bonjour!

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
I thought Robert said, "clown meat". Funny thing is, that would make a better argumen. Consider this....

*This is why [clown] meat will in time take the place of cattle farms... likely in the coming 50 to 75 years.*

I think I'll invest in clown futures.

Seriously Robert, you do understand what it means to clone an animal don't you?

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
norc:

The pot farmers might have figured it out long ago... But now with more advanced tech and a better educated population in general... It could in the coming years prove to be viable.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7359 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Start   141 to 150 of 171   End
TOPIC: Soilless farming