Soilless farming : Swingers Discussion 21659210131
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsSoilless farming
TOPIC: Soilless farming
GoTo Page: Less ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Start   131 to 140 of 171   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"But the tech to do so could advance the science needed to create muscle groups for people who lose limbs."

Oh - you're talking about a very different animal here, pardon the pun.

Xenotransplantation (which I know isn't exactly what you're talking about) is a hot area of research. Some approaches attempt to coax the immune system into accepting the foreign organ, but I don't think this will be the ultimate end game. I believe that we will eventually genetically engineer pigs which lack the surface antigens that cause hyperacute rejection. Even if we raised pigs solely for the purposes of providing universal donor organs, the cost would still be quite low compared to a lot of other medical approaches.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19089 posts)
Va:

Actually you would clone the meat, attach it to a proxy limb and excersie it so to do what it needs to do... It would likely be done in a vat of liquid providing the neutrition necessary.

How would this be cheaper than current farming? Less waste, less space needed to raise the meat, and a lot of R&D for making it work.

No one is saying that this will happen in any of our life times, but it all must start someplace.

In all reality, cloned meat likely won't happen... But the tech to do so could advance the science needed to create muscle groups for people who lose limbs. Imagin losing a arm in an auto accident and then being able to have a new one in a few weeks to months?

As it is grown from your own DNA, your body isn't likely to reject it.

This one tech advances other technologies and make the world a better place.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7345 posts)
Genetics alone is not enough to guarantee consistent quality.

I find it hard to believe this would ever be competitive with farm-raised meat. Cloning to produce a bigger supply of "good" animals for further breeding, maybe, but lab-grown meat? I seriously doubt it.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19089 posts)
Vacp:

Yep. Cloning 101.

Now when are we to develop the cloning vats or tanks? I want to make tanks and put them against the Rouge AIs who will later ally with the chigg and try to kill humanity.

Sadly I will not be able to be a hammerhead pilot. :-(

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7345 posts)
Imagine taking the most succulent, flavorful sirloin steak and copying it in every way to guarantee the same top-quality meat reaches your plate every time. That meat lover's dream is about to become a reality. It all began over a decade ago with Dolly the sheep, the first successfully cloned animal. Livestock cloning experts have been perfecting their science ever since.

Though Dolly's cloned relatives won't be making it to the American dinner plate just yet — very few other sheep have been cloned, resulting in insufficient data for food researchers — the Food and Drug Administration has given its stamp of approval to meat and milk from cloned cattle, pigs and goats as safe for human consumption. "The food in every respect is indistinguishable from food from any other animal," FDA Food-Safety Chief Dr. Stephen Sundlof told reporters on Jan. 15. "It is beyond our imagination to even find a theory that would cause the food to be unsafe."

Animal Cloning 101 Livestock cloning requires two types of cell — one from the genetic donor and an egg from a healthy female of the same species. The donor cell can be any cell that contains the full genetic blueprint, or genome, of the animal to be cloned, though skin cells are most commonly used. (Sperm and egg cells contain only half a genome and can't be used.) The nucleus, the part that contains the genes, is removed from the egg cell and replaced with the nucleus of the donor cell. The two are fused using an electric current. The resultant egg is stimulated to promote cell division and placed in a culture for several days. Once the early embryo is developed, the egg is implanted into a healthy surrogate mother of the same species until birth.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Well ok then. Seems faintly like some scene from a movie. Maybe one that hasn't been made yet. Tim Burton-ish.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
No, it's one of the funniest things I've read anywhere in a while.

The vision in my head of this detached cow leg working in someone's basement is hysterical.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19089 posts)
I'am going to ship 200 tons of soygent green to pa,be sure to get your request in first to get some before everybody else does..not farm raised...............BS

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
I have done farming work for 40 years.robert you have not one clue what farming entails,not one.talk about something you know something about.because you don't know anything about farming........BS

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
Thanks, vb, but you probably should qualify it as "one of the funniest things *in the politics forum*"... 'Cause, like, we don't get that much good up in here.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Start   131 to 140 of 171   End
TOPIC: Soilless farming