Soilless farming : Swingers Discussion 21659210111
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsSoilless farming
TOPIC: Soilless farming
GoTo Page: Less ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Start   111 to 120 of 173   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I usually don't focus on typos, but WTF is a "debuckleof"?

Did you mean "debacle of"?

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17539 posts)
looking:

The federal government pays farmers to not raise (insert type of crops) for many reasons... Namely supply and demand.

Sure hunger would be eliminated for a time... Then the price of the crop would drop so far, so fast that the farmer couldn't give the crop away.

Additionally, the farmers would use more water to grow more crops.... This would further deplete water reserves.

As a result, more small farmers would be out of a job and the entire farming industry would be in the hands of big business and all big business is in the hands of the banks...

As we have seen with this latest debuckleof the banks, that means the government.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6871 posts)
bobby you are so lost, You really have to stop reading those manuals. Are you aware of how much money the Federal govt pays Farmers NOT to raise or grow certain items?

If it was not for control hunger could be eradicated.

Burlingham NY

Username hidden
(9619 posts)
Actually we do not have the tools.

We are rapidly drying out and destroying entire lakes, ponds and reservoirs to supply our farm lands with the water that they need.

We cannot continue to destroy one environment to fund the creation of another... Least we have no usable farm land.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6871 posts)
"Hunger is a political issue, not a technological one. "

Bingo.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17539 posts)
To the OP: I believe we already have the tools and available land to feed everyone on earth. Hunger is a political issue, not a technological one.

Amherst Canada

Username hidden
(2284 posts)
VA I understand, but most people have more than one vehicle. Some have more than two. IMO nuclear power is wise choice, and electric cars can serve a valuable purpose. But the infrastructure must support them, and that takes power. Again IMO if a trend were to build the infrastructure would follow. You would see parking lots with meters for charging, hopefully. That would extend the everyday range of the vehicles. Then that big long distance comfort vehicle could be powered by fossil fuel.

Personally I think there would be more acceptance for city vehicles than large scale mass transit with the public. Having a commuter car just makes more sense for people than lugging groceries on a bus.

Sanford NC

Username hidden
(19231 posts)
It is possible to grow hydroponically but at agreat expense.... I have a relative who has a hydroponic farm, (since 1990) they grow organic bean sprouts, Wheat grass, and a variety of other products. There is a down side to this growing process, The number 1 factor is electric consumption, Fuel consumption, as well as water consumption. It is a feasible process but not a cost effective as is led to beleive, They sell wheat grass Juice @ 40 dollars an ounce, or a bag of wheat grass which yeilds @ 2 ounces of the juice for @ 30.00 , bean spouts cost almost double what is grown naturally . Even Marijauna growers know that hydropoinc growers are not cost effective, Look at how many bypass thier meters, stealing electricity.... it is not a cost effective alteranative. Well unless you steel the electric.

Burlingham NY

Username hidden
(9619 posts)
I actually had written "get this kid to Epcot" in my initial reply. The thing is hydroponics is not competitive with conventional farming in most cases. This may one day change, but probably not within our lifetime.

Fjep: Most people only need a commuter vehicle on an everyday basis. But for the once in a while they need something more, they will not tolerate it being unable to go more than 100 miles.

When we bought our new car last year, we chose between an X3 and a 335i. The X3 had the ability to accommodate a trailer hitch etc for our bike rack and a big trunk capacity. The 335i would have been perfectly adequate (and more fun) for about 350 days out of the the 365 in the year, but inadequate for the other 15. So guess which one we bought? Anything which will not flex to your needs is suddenly at a major disadvantage, and electric vehicles are always going to have this problem, unless somehow they can be charged in 5 minutes or less.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17539 posts)
I haven't really followed this thread. But if we're still discussing hydroponics. The best example of it is in Epcot (in Disney FL). It is absolutely possible to sustain a life [growing foodstuff] without soil.

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16517 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Start   111 to 120 of 173   End
TOPIC: Soilless farming