Soilless farming : Swingers Discussion 2165921061
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsSoilless farming
TOPIC: Soilless farming
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... More 
Start   61 to 70 of 171   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"The power to run the pump for the entire growing cycle MIGHT run 25 cents per plant....."

Sorry, that was .25 cents (a quarter of a cent)....

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
Water already sells for more than the price of gasoline....

Every single aquifer (artesian wells are driven into aquifers) in every single state is receding (being depleted)

We are removing water at rates of up to 100x the rate these aquifers recharge

China's main rivers do not reach the sea year round anymore.

China is the single largest purchaser of water rights in the USA. Oh, and they are buying up the SWEETEST and PUREST sources right out from under our noses...

Fresh, potable water will be the single most important geopolitical issue that our children will deal with. Anywhere in the world. Period.

Anyone that believes differently will be very, very thirsty.

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
This is why I avoided this thread....

Lots of people that think they know what they are talking about....

Hydroponic systems cost pennies to operate. One or maximum two pumps for circulation. 1/10 the water. Nutrients. Period. Crop for crop (same conditions, etc) it beats the snot out of outdoor cultivation when ALL capital costs are accrued.

The power to run the pump for the entire growing cycle MIGHT run 25 cents per plant.....

Look, I'm not going to argue with imbeciles. You are both talking out of your asses (fj and looking) on this subject and you know it. I'm involved with it every day. What don't you get about that?

Go get an education on this, then I'll engage with you. Otherwise it's like talking with a petulant child that insists he knows better....

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
Mark:

Yes dredging can have an affect, however that would be a localized problem, not a global problem. So can you please explain why glacial's all around the world are receding? Fresh water levels across the world are dropping.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7576 posts)
To anyone who thinks. Even just a little bit: Yes Robert is right the Great Lakes are losing water. And "some people" have contributed the reason to lack of precipitation in the area. And "some people" will belive that. However some others will look at a certain POTUS and his Reinvestment and Recovery Jobs Act. You see if you look here you will see there were very huge dredging projects inacted to put people to work. This maybe contributed to "political based decisions". I do belive the State of Illinois is a Great Lakes State... The existing rivers and canals really did not need to be dug out. Some people will say the lowering the natural river bottoms and the man made canals that matched the natural river levels is the real reason for the Great Lakes losing their natural height, water levels. You see it is this very basic concept at work here. Water seeks it's own level. In other words when you lower an outlet of a body of water by several feet, the body of water will lower by the same amount. I do belive there are "some people" on this board who will not understand this concept.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
Looking/Just

I am not talking about the Earth surviving.... I am talking about the soft easily killed species which call Earth home. We don't survive well when there are major changes... Humanity was nearly wiped out twice already.

Unlike all other animals, we humans are the only ones who can adapt to problems which we can see coming. To do so we simply must change, you refuse to change.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7576 posts)
Texas yea water is tuff UHHHH I guess because of the severe Drought they have always had? its called water wells,,drill one and OMG Ya got water, The fracking Movie has already been proven 100% wrong..The earth has been hurt before,not from man but from natural things, Robert you need to quit drinking the Koolaid its really getting to you.

Mickey.

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(4994 posts)
bobby you brought up the climate and or earths shortfalls,such as water. I just pointed out that the earth will survive ,it recovers. It has for millions of years , the few thousand years we are here will be like a pimple on your ass..... insignifigant.

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9692 posts)
Fjep:

The Amazon is also having 40 year lows.

Oh and try not acting like a child and changing the nature of the conversation. The overall globe is under a fresh water loss. Ocean levels and salty water levels are rising while it is desalinating which is changing the weather patterns.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7576 posts)
Bobby not all rivers are supplied by melting snow/ice. You think the Amazon gets it's supply from Canada?

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19410 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... More 
Start   61 to 70 of 171   End
TOPIC: Soilless farming