Social Dancing Banned In New York : Swingers Discussion 74312
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsSocial Dancing Banned In New York
TOPIC: Social Dancing Banned In New York
Created by: DANANDFDN
Original Starting post for this thread:
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
User Details are only visible to members.
Now Poly that post was not directed to you........One day when I will tell you.

Miramar FL

Username hidden
(2075 posts)
on second thoughts..... scrap that!... I will just stay out of New York.

Miramar FL

Username hidden
(2075 posts)
Ya ready!!!!

Miramar FL

Username hidden
(2075 posts)
Can't smoke in public, Can't smoke in your car, Can't smoke in your apartment. Can't cross the street while listening to music or with head phones on and now can't dance in bars.......pretty soon you will not be able to fuck.

Miramar FL

Username hidden
(2075 posts)
Are the owners of the establishment catholics? that could explain a lot........

Arlington TX

Username hidden
(2284 posts)
*L* Sometimes the laws just kill me LMAO

THey'd STILL have insurance to cover if someone slipped n' fell even IF they were dancing. However, if no dancing was allowed and they slipped n fell while dancing and the venue posted that dancing was not allowed by law, the insurance carrier could say that the injured party could not win the suit because they were in violation of the law. Dance at your own risk

Palm Beach Gardens FL

Username hidden
(1095 posts)
actually (and this is sure evidence that im becomin addicted to these damn forums) i googled the case and found that there is some obscure cabaret law in new york city that requires a license for dancing for rest./bars. the plaintiff was a "swing club" and not OUR kind of swing club!! haha

again, i think this is one where the headlines sound worse than the case.

ps. i did think/still think that liability may play some issue..

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(5326 posts)
well not knowing the details and believe me the devil is in the details in most cases it is hard to discuss the case but i will give it a shot.

bar/rest owner doesnt want people to dance in his club. court says there is no "right" to dance. probably the right decision.

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Social Dancing Banned In New York Appeals Court Rules Ban Is Constitutional

POSTED: 9:22 pm EST February 22, 2007

Email This Story | Print This Story

NEW YORK -- Should you find yourself in a bar in New York City, and the music playing makes you want to get up and dance, please resist the urge.

A state court on Thursday upheld the city's Prohibition-era law that bans social dancing in bars, restaurants and certain clubs.

Those who like to get up and boogie sued, arguing the law illegally infringes on their right of free expression. The city's Cabaret Law, which was enacted 80 years ago, bans social dancing in all but specially licensed venues.

The Gotham West Coast Swing Club and several people filed a lawsuit complaining that because the Cabaret Law barred them from dancing with other people, it illegally infringed on their right of free expression.

The appeals court disagreed, saying recreational dancing is not a form of expression protected by the federal or state constitutions.

Plaintiffs lawyer Norman Siegel said he was "very disappointed" by the decision and is considering an appeal.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

Elmer NJ

Username hidden
(3110 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
TOPIC: Social Dancing Banned In New York