Six Broads : Swingers Discussion 223926
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsSix Broads
TOPIC: Six Broads
Created by: Nkenswing
Original Starting post for this thread:
have have been selected to be on the jury for George Zimmerman. All white except one. All mothers except one. So much for a jury of his peers. So do they convict or acquit the murderer?
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 1066   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Sed: I focused on the NYT article because of the three cites, you singled that one out, saying "In fact, when I provided you the links I deliberately used a quote from the NYT to illustrate how TM's past was *irrelevant* yet GZ's was very relevant." 

It so clearly did not say any such thing, that I wondered whether you had another NYT article in mind. I even C&P'd the article to make sure we were talking about the same article. You didn't say otherwise. 

I already agreed with you that Capehart's blog in WaPo was slanted, and lightweight. It's an op ed piece (not straight news), about the Pre-trial evidentiary motions GZ had filed. The piece argued that since only GZ and not TM was on trial, only the dirt on GZ should be relevant or admissible. It still doesn't describe TM as angelic, and it made reference to his sins, although I agree that it also went out of it's way to drag GZ through the dirt. 

I won't attempt to catalogue all the media coverage on this case, but my general perception is that I've seen a lot more references to Trayvon's suspension and weed use than to Zimmerman's road rage and hot temper. 

Belle Chasse LA

Username hidden
(10361 posts)
Bill:

"Well Robert, no sence in trying to discuss this farther. You may be 29 in crono years but you argue like a juvenile. Disregarding proven facts and simply repeating the same song over and over.."

1) You say I am arguing like a juvenile? Really?

Who is the one arguing for no accountability for those who wish to be armed armericans?

Who is the one arguing to allow armed citizens to put themselves into hostile situations, when human life ISN'T at the time endangered? The idea that an armed citizen can escalate a situation, can act without regard to the fact that they are armed and endanger the public is how a juvenile argues. You want to enable people to play cowboy's and then not have their necks stretched when they kill people who otherwise wouldn't need be killing, who weren't endangering human lives until a hostile situation was created by following by foot while armed.

As for the repetitive nature of my argument, it sounds repetitive, because the argument isn't if Zimmerman is allowed to save his own life, but rather why did he have to do so in the first place?

Answer? He needlessly put himself and others into danger, he needlessly chose to engage someone in hostilities and needlessly killed a person. In my book, that is murder.

We, the citizens of the US were granted the 2nd amendment to be our own protectors, to safe guard our own lives from the aggression of others. This freedom given to us by our founders come with a responsibility to live in a civil manner, to not escalate a situation.

The moment Zimmerman left his vehicle to continue to escalate, to engage someone minding their own business, doing their own thing, exercising their constitonal right to be free and go about their business freely without interfearence by the state or other persons.

This isn't Nazi Germany, where by we must explain ourselves to the SS, this isn't Japan where we must explain our actions to a Samurai. This is the US and you are the one who would turn it into Nazi Germany, by empowering common people to stop who ever they desire, when ever they desire.

That isn't the type of nation I joined the military to defend, the nation my father joined the Air force and then the national guard to defend. But Nazi Germany is what you would turn this nation into.

"As for those who say people should just "drop it" , you simply don't need to click on the thread."

Hypocrisy alert.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6873 posts)
Fun, you keep resorting to the nyt article, an article that I do not hold the same opinion about as you. I presented it because you were doubting the fact that the media focused on GZ's past. Interestingly you avoided the WaPo. So I'll just go ahead and paste it here.

When George Zimmerman followed Trayvon Martin the night of Feb. 26, 2012, he ignored an admonition not to do so from the police dispatcher. The request for his arrest, written by the lead detective, noted that Zimmerman’s killing of Trayvon could have been avoided if he’d remained in his vehicle or identified himself “as a concerned citizen.” Just what in Zimmerman’s past might have led him to take these actions and kill an unarmed teenager with a gunshot to the chest is relevant in this case.

What is not relevant is Trayvon’s past. And Judge Debra Nelson made that clear today when she denied several motions by Zimmerman attorney Mark O’Mara to introduce the 17-year-old’s suspension from school, past marijuana use and his participation in fights. There’s a possibility that such evidence could make it to trial, but by releasing all the information last week, O’Mara ensured that everyone, including potential jurors, knows what lurked in his client’s victim’s past. But thanks to Florida’s incredible sunshine laws, we know a few relevant things about Zimmerman.

In July 2005, he was arrested for “resisting officer with violence.” The neighborhood watch volunteer who wanted to be a cop got into a scuffle with cops who were questioning a friend for alleged underage drinking. The charges were reduced and then waived after he entered an alcohol education program. Then in August 2005, Zimmerman’s former fiance sought a restraining order against him because of domestic violence. Zimmerman sought a restraining order against her in return. Both were granted. Meanwhile, over the course of eight years, Zimmerman made at least 46 calls to the Sanford (Fla.) Police Department reporting suspicious activity involving black males.

We also know that Witness No. 9 accused Zimmerman of molesting her when they were children. The relative’s revelation is appalling but irrelevant. What most folks don’t know is that Witness No. 9 made an explosive allegation against her cousin. “I know George. And I know that he does not like black people,” she told a Sanford police officer during a telephone call in which she pleaded for anonymity. “He would start something. He’s a very confrontational person. It’s in his blood. Let’s just say that. I don’t want this poor kid and his family to just be overlooked.” At the end of the call, Witness No. 9 urged the officer to “get character reports from other people and see if he’s ever said anything about black people, about being racist or anything like that because I guarantee you there’s somebody out there who will say it.”

That phone call was significant because it was placed two days after Zimmerman killed Trayvon and a couple of weeks before the case drew national attention. Witness No. 9 wasn’t seeking attention. “I’m a mom,” she told police. “I can’t stand seeing that some kid got shot and killed over a stupid fight, especially one that my [redacted] … because I know who he is.

George Zimmerman is the one who stands accused of second-degree murder. He, not Trayvon Martin, is the one on trial starting June 10. And who Zimmerman is more relevant to the proceedings than who Trayvon was.

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16521 posts)
"Common ground. :-)"

I'll re-think it. :-)

Belle Chasse LA

Username hidden
(10361 posts)
"Here's a novel idea: If you are tired of reading about the case, you might just quit clicking on threads about it instead of trying to dictate what other people do. "

Common ground. :-)

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
"Damn guys,, give it a rest. The jury found Zimmerman not guilty, which was the correct verdict. The race baiters & far left asswipes want to keep it going. Justice was SERVED. NOT GUILTY"

Add yet another conservative to the growing list of people who post their views on this case while preaching to others that they shouldn't do so. At your conventions do they offer workshops in hypocrisy? 

Here's a novel idea: If you are tired of reading about the case, you might just quit clicking on threads about it instead of trying to dictate what other people do. 

Belle Chasse LA

Username hidden
(10361 posts)
"And in the same article the media says: But the guy that killed him, has a horrible past, then goes on to describe his past in great detail and emphasizes how important and relevant their past is."

Except that the NYT news article you cited did no such thing. This is the extent of its mention of GZ's past:

"In a letter to The Orlando Sentinel last week, Mr. Zimmerman’s father said that his son had black relatives and friends and was not the aggressor in the case.  Mr. Zimmerman, who is studying criminal justice, was arrested once in 2005 on charges of battery on a police officer and resisting arrest with violence. The charges were dropped."

This is all it said about Trayvon's past: 

"Trayvon had no criminal record. He was suspended from his Miami high school for 10 days in February, which is the reason he was visiting his father. The family said the suspension was not for violent or criminal behavior but for a violation of school policy."

Bias is in the eyes of the beholder. I just don't see it in that article, and am very surprised if you do. 

Belle Chasse LA

Username hidden
(10361 posts)
Well Robert, no sence in trying to discuss this farther. You may be 29 in crono years but you argue like a juvenile. Disregarding proven facts and simply repeating the same song over and over.. As for those who say people should just "drop it" , you simply don't need to click on the thread. Sed: The AP reported that GZ was stooped for speeding. They reported that he was armed even though no gun was seen. The AP also described Zimmerman as the man who killed an unarmed teenager. Not once but twice in the same article. I believe it was you that asked the question, was that newsworthy? I agree and it proves my point that 2 lives were ruined that night.

Greencastle PA

Username hidden
(404 posts)
Fun,

We'll just have to agree to disagree, when the media says:

That boy has been bad, he's been suspended from school, he was suspected in theft, but no charges were pressed, regardless, his past is of no relevance. And in the same article the media says: But the guy that killed him, has a horrible past, then goes on to describe his past in great detail and emphasizes how important and relevant their past is. I don't see it as you do.

And that's that!

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16521 posts)
Damn guys,, give it a rest. The jury found Zimmerman not guilty, which was the correct verdict. The race baiters & far left asswipes want to keep it going. Justice was SERVED. NOT GUILTY

Winterville NC

Username hidden
(573 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 1066   End
TOPIC: Six Broads