Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Showtime's Documentary Semper Fi changed my mind
TOPIC: Showtime's Documentary Semper Fi changed my mind
Created by: joeodd2
Original Starting post for this thread:
In the past I was a supporter of the "don't ask don't tell policy" the military had in place. In my mind I saw effeminate daisy duke wearing lady boys prancing around in soldiers uniforms. But after watching this documentary I no longer hold that misconception. I do believe that gays can serve their country without having to hide their sexual orientation. However codes of conduct can and should be put in place to discourage "non soldier like conduct". Those men who act like women would not be allowed to join or stay in the military. Standards for public affection should also be enforced. You can probably set the same standards for gay and hedro couples and loosen those conditions under special circumstances such as deployments and return celebrations. Have soldiers be aware of public interactions can benefit military discipline and bring a balance for all who serve. After watching that heartbreaking documentary and learning about that Marine, I had difficult time justifying that policy. If any soldier can uphold the military's behavioral standards, then they should be allowed to join and serve. If you do a search for "semper fi", gay, marine, showtime; you can find out more info on this powerful documentary.

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
User Details are only visible to members.
Dzzy while I did change my mind on this issue, don't get it twisted. Liberals use bigotry allot more than conservatives. Not just racial, but sexual, economic, and social. If I criticize a man for acting like a woman, Liberals call me homophobic. Tell me they wouldn't.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Well perfect, in all due respect. Why should it matter whether or not you identify yourself as being gay or straight? The fact is that straight men and women can celebrate their sexuality openly within the miltary. They get married, go to military functions, attend ceremonies, ect. The military's position is a double standard, it's almost like Affirmative action in many ways, giving preference to one sexual orientation over another. I see the opposition to this practice as being the most fair and principally conservative position to take. Standards of personal behavior can be established in order to address any and all concerns about Gays serving in our military. See the documentary and tell me what you think.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
a changed mind is an open mind and that is always a good thing

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
In the past I was a supporter of the "don't ask don't tell policy" the military had in place. In my mind I saw effeminate daisy duke wearing lady boys prancing around in soldiers uniforms. But after watching this documentary I no longer hold that misconception. I do believe that gays can serve their country without having to hide their sexual orientation. However codes of conduct can and should be put in place to discourage "non soldier like conduct". Those men who act like women would not be allowed to join or stay in the military. Standards for public affection should also be enforced. You can probably set the same standards for gay and hedro couples and loosen those conditions under special circumstances such as deployments and return celebrations. Have soldiers be aware of public interactions can benefit military discipline and bring a balance for all who serve. After watching that heartbreaking documentary and learning about that Marine, I had difficult time justifying that policy. If any soldier can uphold the military's behavioral standards, then they should be allowed to join and serve. If you do a search for "semper fi", gay, marine, showtime; you can find out more info on this powerful documentary.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
TOPIC: Showtime's Documentary Semper Fi changed my mind