Should Gravity be taught in schools : Swingers Discussion 222543
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsShould Gravity be taught in schools
TOPIC: Should Gravity be taught in schools
Created by: PartyPerks847
Original Starting post for this thread:
htt p://bit.ly/miss-gravity This is just TOO funny
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 22   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Actually..a star fish at the bottom of the sea, knows only it's reality, as in what it observes. To the star fish, that is all that exists. If our universe happens to to be a the human equivalent on the ocean floor, that would be a reality we would never observe, and thus to us, it would not exists. Conversely if we somehow did observe it, that act of observation would change it

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3771 posts)
"There is no such thing as proven in science. Just as there is no such thing as fact. "

And yet so many self proclaimed intellectuals will still say there is no God.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
Yet the star fish still observed tokyo and thus Tokyo exist and because we imagined the star fish, we have observed the star fish, so it too exist on the same plane as Tokyo.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6871 posts)
Robert....nothing is observed by "time", and nothing "changes" unless there is a frame of reference prior to the so called change, and as I already explained, there is a school of thought with a great degree of justification based on the laws of physics that nothing happens unless it is observed, and that the act of observation itself effects that which is being observed. You are trying to approach quantum and theoretic physics from a human based 3 dimensional prospective, and that is impossible. It is like trying to imagine what a starfish's idea of downtown Tokyo would be.

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3771 posts)
Party:

I must disagree.

If the tree falls, air is displaced. So too are insects and matter. Atoms are out of place and now different things digest differently than when the tree stood.

So it is observed by time, because time is a constant based upon preception and preception is based upon the effects and what affects us all. The butterfly batting it's wings in china does create a wind which we feel here in the US, you need only silence your mind to perceive the effect and the affect the butterfly has.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6871 posts)
Robert....there are those who would disagree...without going into deep detail, because I need to be up in 4 hours....

"sound" is nothing but the movement or air and if there are no receptors to sense the movement, there is no sound

Photons are particles of light, they are what we "see", and to grossly over simplify a concept, it is theorized that they only act like a particle and are only active when observed. This being the case, the same theory suggests unless an event is observed, it never actually occurred, or even more interesting, can occur at different times depending on the location of the observer. A practical example is your GPS. The satellite is set to a different time than the time on earth, or it would show you where you were located prior to the real time you are checking it.

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3771 posts)
Yes the tree fell, but it doesn't concern me, unless I step on it and it is filled with bugs that eat dead trees.

Yes there was a sound, but I did not hear it and it likely didn't interfere with my life, so it may make all the noise as it desires.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6871 posts)
No...Observation changes that which is observed, and it is theorized and entirely possible that a physical event only exists if observed...Theoretical/Quantum physics

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3771 posts)
It depends on whether you are an idealist, realist, or pragmatist...

Lakeside CA

Username hidden
(17220 posts)
Forget about "If a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it, does it make a sound?" If I tree falls in the forest and no one sees it fall, did it really fall? Most people would be surprised to learn, the answer is not as clear cut a YES as they think

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3771 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 22   End
TOPIC: Should Gravity be taught in schools