Shot by sibling police officer's daughter dies : Swingers Discussion 218731
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsShot by sibling police officer's daughter dies
TOPIC: Shot by sibling police officer's daughter dies
Created by: Nkenswing
Original Starting post for this thread:
Updated at 10 a.m. ET: STANWOOD, Wash. -- The 7-year-old daughter of a Marysville police officer died Sunday after being shot by her young sibling on Saturday.

Police say at about 3:30 p.m. Saturday, two children were left alone in a van parked just off Highway 532 in Stanwood.

There was a gun in the car. One of the children picked up the gun and accidentally shot the other.

Snohomish County Sheriff's Department says the van and gun is registered to a member of the Marysville Police Dept. The young girl is the daughter of the officer.

The sheriff's office says their parents were nearby when it happened. It's not known how long the children were in the car.

It's a big loss in Stanwood and in Marysville where the girl's dad is a police officer. Flowers outside their headquarters show how deeply the accident has impacted everyone.

“It's just an awful tragedy,” said Stanwood resident Mike Ofstad. “I'm amazed it could happen in a small town like this but I suppose it could happen anywhere.”

Investigators are not saying if the officer's duty weapon was involved, but many in the community say they're reluctant to criticize a parent who is now facing the unthinkable.

"I know the dad is probably right now just devastated and he probably recognizes that was a mistake,” said Stanwood resident Dana korte. “That just shows how quick things happen.”

The girl, the oldest of four children, was a second grader at Utsalady Elementary School. There will be grief counselors at the school on Monday.

So much for the argument that trained professionals are safer...

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 12   End
User Details are only visible to members.
NK the one trick pony with his 100's of who shot john stories....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Rio Rancho NM
Username hidden
(319 posts)
Oh dear!!!

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16444 posts)
"Before I put any weapon down or hand a weapon off to anyone, I have always removed the clip, emptied the chamber and visually checked the weapon."

Please tell us which guns you handled that had "clips"?

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19317 posts)
Yes indeedy! Evil guns just kill people! In fact, while I was in the city earlier today, I saw a tubby dood, pudgy arms flailing while a mob of guns was chasing him and the Twinkies that were sticking out of his mouth down 5th avenue. Poor thing couldn't get away from them. They slowly caught up to him with little to no effort, and surrounded him as he clutched his woman like breasts, trying to catch his breath, and watched as his massive form slowly spilled onto the sidewalk. He begged and pleaded as people watched in horror but the guns wouldn't take any of it. And then, just like that all the guns went off. Pow pow pow. 100's of shots. The guns then turned around and slowly shuffled away into Rosey O'Grady's pub for a few cold brewskis!

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16444 posts)
"This only proves that guns KILL people. And, don't turn this in to a fatel auto accident. I see a host of laws that were broken by the police officer."

No, the police officer murdered this child. He did this by neglecting to remove all clips, strips, drums or other devices which hold rounds/bullets, emptying the chamber, ect.

Before I put any weapon down or hand a weapon off to anyone, I have always removed the clip, emptied the chamber and visually checked the weapon.

This was ingrained into me in basic training, and then again twice a year while in the national guard.

For anyone using any weapon, this ought to be as ingrained into them as breathing is.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7431 posts)
"Yep, it proves that somehow you think by criticizing my post you are going to change what I decide to post. "

Not really. You can keep posting these suckers all you like. For the most part I've ignored them. I'd be more interested if you offered up some kind of point to it, or your thoughts, or what it is you find notable about the incident, other than just another person shot.

But, you're not obliged to interest me. Go nuts.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19418 posts)
Yep, it proves that somehow you think by criticizing my post you are going to change what I decide to post.

You have started threads and made post I thought were a waste too. I just Don't feel the need to tell you so every time you do. Like I've said before, you don't like my topics, start your own.

I know you fancy yourself an intellectual. You want to add forum stalker to it as well?

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2730 posts)
Nope, I didn't say that.

That said - even the safest car still has some level of fatal accidents. Do you think that this one story of one incident somehow proves something?

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19418 posts)
As with any careless act relating to a fire arm, this officer should lose his legal rights to fire arms and in my view be criminally liable for the death. His careless act resulted in the death of another human being. I don't care if that human was his daughter and he is grieving for her loss, an example must be made that this isn't acceptable.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7431 posts)
Before you get your feathers all in a ruffle wasn't it you and several others who said trained professionals were safer?

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2730 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 12   End
TOPIC: Shot by sibling police officer's daughter dies