She's A Rich Girl Who Lost Her Campaign For The Senate, and She Is Mad, Really Mad, About American Workers : Swingers Discussion 212733101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsShe's A Rich Girl Who Lost Her Campaign For The Senate, and She Is Mad, Really Mad, About American Workers
TOPIC: She's A Rich Girl Who Lost Her Campaign For The Senate, and She Is Mad, Really Mad, About American Workers
Created by: Z_Z_Krewe
Original Starting post for this thread:
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 27   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Whenever a certain person demeans Americans who receive government benefits and refers to them as 'freeloaders' it is important to have the understanding that he is referring to the warbucks families. War profiteers. Those families and corporations who receive no-bid contracts, such as the ones who profited immensely from the invasions and occupations of Afghanistan and Iraq. Those are the people who take more than they give, and despise American citizens who aren't able to appropriate the massive income in American taxpayer dollars, in large amounts in offshore accounts as tax havens.

Idiots out walking around having fun together hoping for a yachting invitation from freeloading war profiteers know the true value of freeloading.

Treasure Is FL

Username hidden
(6602 posts)
Geesh, and I thought this topic was going to be about Linda McMahon who spent nearly $100 million on two lost campaigns for a CT senate seat. The void left when she stopped her advertising can't even be met by the kind of ads that say, "But wait, there's more!". So now it's either an argument about rich vs not rich or the value of unions. I'll add my two cents worth on both discussions. For those that think the rich provide jobs and add to the well being of the middle class, tell me about the medium income and national wealth of the middle class since 2000 compared to the top 1%. Anyone? OK, on the union topic. I think it's true that there's strength in numbers. Unions aren't bad that way. I also don't think our current state problems are due to union pensions. Why? Because the states SPENT THE MONEY instead of investing it like they were supposed to do. I mean, duh! But I would be intererested in knowing what a pension is worth compared to putting money into a 401K. I've hear the a million dollars is worth $40 -50 thousand dollars a year. What does retiring after 20 years worth compared to saving your money? I'm curious.

Southington CT

Username hidden
(326 posts)
Look,

There are two kinds of people who oppose unions. The first one is a person who has always worked for low wages, received no benefits and believes if he/she just bust their ass, the employer will reward them for their hard work. History has proven that it doesn't work for the worker.

Or, you have the ignorant workers who have been brain-washed from family, friends, whoever that unions only want a piece of your paycheck and will do nothing for you. (There's quite a few in this fora and in the general population that believe that bullshit).

I belonged to a union and tho it wasn't perfect they did take up the fight when workers were being screwed over. They also told workers when there was nothing they could do for them because of the contract between the contractors and the union. Nine times out of ten if a worker filed a grievance it was because the EMPLOYER violated the contract, not the worker.

Seems to me that if a agreement was reached from collective bargaining BOTH sides needs to adhere to the agreed upon terms. But when the work was slow it was the EMPLOYERS who would violate the contracts...

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(2640 posts)
"As for his his reference to me as a lazy guard."

I did not see your post when I responded to AZ, but again your work ethic has nothing to do with my reply. Whatever AZ got from it is between you and him and is no concern of mine. If you say you are a decent worker, I believe you.

While I am at it. AZ, money seems to be your big sticking point when it comes to Unions, but their is much more involved then salary and monetary benefits. Things such as how many days in a row they can work you, amount of time off between shifts, splitting your vacation or days off and giving a reasonable amount of notice if your shift is to be changed. The Right prides itself on family. How can one have a functional family if work prevents one from spending time with them? The 1900s sweat shops are gone, but I have no doubt company CEOs would bring them back if they could. Unions are not perfect, but since I worked for a company that was owned by probably the most conservative company owner on the planet, i'm glad we had one.

Cape Coral FL

Username hidden
(4042 posts)
LQQK:

"ONE of the biggest problems with unions is they hold down wages for the top workers."

Actually nothing could be further from the truth. A negotiated wage is the minimum an employer can pay a worker not the maximum. I know for a fact there were people at the company I worked for who made more. The above is bullshit.

Agreed, Azqt is once more lying. My father was a union president. He congratulated those who could convince employers to pay them more than what the union could exact from the businessmen. Men who would pay themselves six figures, slash wages, lie about profits or where the profits went... All the while their company fails.

Please reread this line.

It says as for his reference. As in what the person I was talking about. (AZQT in this case.)

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6888 posts)
Reinterpreting the daily drudge of the daily Republic-con devotees of American slavery, it could be said that:

1} The oppression of the American wage-earner in comparison with the Corporate CEO welfare recipient is unjust.'

2) The Corporate Welfare Establishment is the main cause of the American deficit in America in the 21st Century.

Treasure Is FL

Username hidden
(6602 posts)
"ONE of the biggest problems with unions is they hold down wages for the top workers."

Actually nothing could be further from the truth. A negotiated wage is the minimum an employer can pay a worker not the maximum. I know for a fact there were people at the company I worked for who made more. The above is bullshit.

Cape Coral FL

Username hidden
(4042 posts)

My post had nothing to with you at all. It was a general statement that there are "loafers" on both sides of the work force and should have nothing to do in a Union or non Union debate. And Yes, I agree "change" happens. It has been a part of America since we became a country. A simple majority rules, like it or not.

Cape Coral FL

Username hidden
(4042 posts)
History will show that the Carly Chronicles include death and destruction of American citizens and their lifestyle in pursuit of wealth accumulation by a childish adult female with a criminal mind.

Treasure Is FL

Username hidden
(6602 posts)
LQQK:

"Like it or not and some things I don't like myself, this is not "our" father's America. Adapt or get trampled."

Lol, isn't that how capitalism is expected to work? Adapting to the society in which it exist?

Employers wouldn't be so taxed if they paid a fair wage, if they paid a wage that grew the economy. But they don't, they choose to be the lazy guard doing nothing but run businesses into the ground because employees do not have the money to buy things and keep businesses open.

As for his his reference to me as a lazy guard, this is totally false and I have the reports which have pissed off my employers and clients to prove it. I sent in so many reports that I was told by my employer that I was angering our client.

It seems our client had a tendency to give out keys to the gates to all of his employees and friends. So when I encountered said people on days no one was suppose to be there... I challenged them, wrote them up when they failed to provide the correct ID cards, locked gates left open by employees not suppose to be on the property at that time. (mine was shut down for the day)

The night shift guard openly tells me how he sleeps at night in the SUV. My own supervisor has told me to bring my own entertainment and stay out of their way. If I get tired, find a quite place and take a nap. My company is a shit company and as I cannot lower my standards of work ethics to the companies low standards and expectations... I bump heads with my employer and the company clients.

Yes, the USAF made me into a security nazi... I find the best look outs from which i may watch the entire mine. I hear noises I investigate... I have a stack of reports that I sent in which is thicker than my service record in the National guard.

So I am by far not the laziest guard, but it amuses me how these guys keep trying to refer to me as such.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6888 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 27   End
TOPIC: She's A Rich Girl Who Lost Her Campaign For The Senate, and She Is Mad, Really Mad, About American Workers