Serious Political Discussion About The Elections : Swingers Discussion 2088131071
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsSerious Political Discussion About The Elections
TOPIC: Serious Political Discussion About The Elections
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... More 
Start   71 to 80 of 433   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Sedu:

"National Guard is like Auxiliary police!"

No, the national guard is the auxiliary to the military. You do not see the national guard arresting people on the streets, you do not see the national guard responding to 911 calls. You do however see the national guard being deployed to war zones across the world... which is why I strongly believe in a national draft.

If we drafted everyones child as they graduated or quit high school to fight these wars. (No college deferments, no religious deferments... you will serve in the armed forces in some capacity... even if we must make a E-1 cook in the back out of you... you will serve.) The loss of their youngest adulthood years will remind them of the cost of war.

Personally if it could be done, I believe that every 12th grader should be made to take a field trip to our hospitals where our veterans are being pieced back together... Where they can be rebuilt. Forced to see what a vote for a war hawk gets them in another year.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7576 posts)
Fjep:

"Not according to Obama, are you disagreeing with you Messiah?"

Yes I am. Which I do often... but he is still the better of the two candidates.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7576 posts)
I said the same thing 4 year ago about your fucking Hope and Change. Never Materialized.

"Is it possible to come up with a more worthless suggestion? "

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
"While your nation is at war, there is only one service that counts... The armed services. National guard, or active duty. That is it. "

Not according to Obama, are you disagreeing with you Messiah?

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19410 posts)
National Guard is like Auxiliary police!

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16795 posts)
Fjep:

"Either a person serves or they don't. I don't give a damn about the reason. If he served as a missionary that is service to somebody. You do know that is one of the things Obamawhacky claims to support?"

While your nation is at war, there is only one service that counts... The armed services. National guard, or active duty. That is it.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7576 posts)
Bobby nothing stopped Obama from enlisting in the military. If Romney should have served then so should the dipshit in office now.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19410 posts)
M, I was responding to Bobby also ;)

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19410 posts)
CLINTON DODGED DRAFT IN 1969, JOURNAL SAYS

Desert News Published: Thursday, Feb. 6 1992 12:00 a.m. MST

In 1969 as the Vietnam War raged, 23-year-old Bill Clinton avoided the draft by promising to study law and join a reserve officers training program at the University of Arkansas, but he never did, The Wall Street Journal reported Thursday.

At the time, Clinton was studying as a Rhodes scholar at Oxford University but graduate school draft deferments had ended in 1967. Clinton was classified 1-A - available for military service - when he graduated from Georgetown University in the spring of 1968. But because of his Rhodes scholar status, his local draft board allowed him to continue his studies at Oxford, the Journal reported."As old as he was, he would have been at the top of the list" to be drafted, the Journal quoted Opal Ellis, the draft board's executive secretary, as saying.

"We were proud to have a Hot Springs boy with a Rhodes scholarship," and so "the board was very lenient with him. We gave him more than he was entitled to," she said.

The Democratic candidate for president told the Journal, "The board said, `You'll probably be called in the fall, September or October (of 1969).' "

When he returned home after his first year at Oxford, the Journal said, he knew the draft was imminent.

The Journal quoted Ellis as saying Clinton "went in and told me he was too well-educated to go" and that he also told her that "he was going to fix my wagon (and) pull every string he could think of."

Clinton told the Journal he did not recall a confrontation with Ellis and denied he used strong-arm tactics to avoid the draft. Anyone who says he did, Clinton said, "has, at best, a faulty memory."

The Journal said that as the draft loomed nearer, Clinton met Col. Eugene Holmes, an Army ROTC recruiter at the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville. Both men, the newspaper reported, said Clinton agreed orally to join the Army officer training program at the law school there.

Based on that agreement, the Hot Springs draft board on Aug. 7, 1969, reclassified Clinton from 1-A to 1-D - a draft deferment that a spokesman for the Selective Service said was only for people who had joined a reserve unit, or who were students taking military training, such as the ROTC.

However, the Journal reported, Clinton never enrolled at the University of Arkansas and never joined the ROTC training program. When he returned to the United States in 1970, he enrolled at Yale Law School.

The Journal also quotes Clinton's mother, Virginia Kelley, as saying she did not recall Clinton planning to attend Arkansas. "That's very strange," she said. "I was under the impression when he came home from Oxford that he was going to go to Yale."

Holmes said of the 1-D deferment: "I couldn't have done it for a year. That wouldn't have been ethical." He charged that "Clinton was able to manipulate things so that he didn't have to go in."

On Oct. 30, 1969, Clinton was reclassified 1-A and was ready to be conscripted, the Journal said, but he was never called. A new draft lottery system, based on dates of birth, was enacted on Nov. 26 and on Dec. 1, 1969, Clinton got number 311. No one with a number higher than 195 was called, according to the Selective Service System.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19410 posts)
FJ, my response was to little robby ;)

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16795 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... More 
Start   71 to 80 of 433   End
TOPIC: Serious Political Discussion About The Elections