Serious Political Discussion About The Elections : Swingers Discussion 2088131042
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsSerious Political Discussion About The Elections
TOPIC: Serious Political Discussion About The Elections
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... More 
Start   42 to 51 of 433   End
User Details are only visible to members.
You are attempting to silence Gina as you've attempted to silence me on my outlook about the criminal, lazy, unproductive entitled OWS thugs. Shame is on you for attempting to suppress others from expressing themselves.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16441 posts)
Ghosts: Gina painted you nothing! She only explained her very own story about rugged individualism, hard work and working her way out of a bad situation; without much government help. She also brought back a memory, to me. I went through school on the GI Bill. $351.00 a month and reserve military pay of about $150.00. Plus some some odd jobs here and there. I paid my school bills 100% and lived a modest life. How did I do it? I also grew a garden. I ate a whole lot more of squash, more squash, and even more squash, tomatoes and corn than I wanted to but you have no idea how much money that saves you. I even had squash for breakfast...

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
"that's the difference in this election. It has little to do with race and color and circumstances. It has very much to do with attitude and work ethic."

Why is it that we are supposed to buy the meme that liberals are lazy and republicans are industrious? Where does it say that your suffering and trials to get ahead are more important/heartfelt/hardfought than mine? Why is it that your refusal to take food stamps eclipses my refusal to do the same? I've gone through everything you did and more Gina. I raised two teens alone and got both into great colleges with honors. I recovered and re-built a business after being robbed by my ex and left to rot with two kids. I've been there and back too, why is it that MY view that Obama is best for us right now somehow less valid or will be 'The End Of Life As We Know It!' simply because you believe it so? Or because you went through hard times? Or because you made it back on your own with hard work. A lot of liberals did that too, or are you so ideologically compromised that you too don't believe that possible?

I applaud you for your efforts and accomplishments Gina.

I condemn you for your narrow minded, fear inspired view of our president formed on little more information than the latest talking points from Fox and NewsMax.

Why is it that conservatives paint President Obama with that same completely contrived brush and feel righteous doing it? Which in and of itself flies in the face of every FACT known about the man? The man is the EPITOME of the American Story....

Shame on you and everyone else that feels completely OK with painting everyone that does not agree with you in the same color and brush. The brush that makes them less of a citizen or less of an American than you. Shame on you all.

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3581 posts)
That last post was powerful and heartfelt. I have to let it sink in and come back to it in a day or two. I don't care what side of the aisle you're on, this is real stuff and how a family endured.

Southington CT
Username hidden
(327 posts)
here's the rest of my post:

I've supported young moms in the WIC program and think it's a good one. I've supported the programs that help people get back on their feet and find jobs, the clothing programs for women who need career clothes to go to interviews, the programs that help people find jobs, etc. I'm in a position now where yes, I/we can offer more than emotional and moral support, where we can sometimes offer some financial or clothing/furniture needs for people who need them. Need them. There's a difference there. The ones who do not expect them.

I did not complain. I did not try to get food stamps, which I could've applied for. The only help I did get later on, was a small school loan so I could return to college, and a Pell Grant, which asked for essays, etc., just like a scholarship application. Oh yes. I also got small scholarships. I didn't just expect money for schooling. I worked to attain it. And to maintain it.

in other words, you have to work for something. You cannot cannot cannot just expect others who've worked hard, failed, succeeded, went bankrupt, built a business back up again and again out of nothing, to HAND YOU MONEY.

that's the difference in this election. It has little to do with race and color and circumstances. It has very much to do with attitude and work ethic.

I strongly believe in the stories of individuals. I believe that in hearing those stories, in living them personally, we can make changes, we can instill understanding. That's why I wrote all that. not to brag, not to complain, not to call attention to myself, but to share just one more individual reason why I'm going to vote the way I will in November.

There. Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7385 posts)
"Make us hungry"

There he/they goes/go again. Blaming someone else for their own "starvation." I fed a family of four sometimes on $20 a week, I don't know how I did it, but I did. We didn't starve. We instead grew a garden, and YES dammit, you can grow food on a terrace in pots. It's food. It's not McD's, not frito lays, not Pepsis or Cokes, but it's food that sustains and staves off hunger. No, we didn't even apply for food stamps. Pride maybe. Maybe we saw too much abuse of systems such as those. We got creative. I got creative. I used my brain to make things work. To pay the bills. I've even taken in other people's ironing, babysat, waitressed, taught kids piano lessons for cash, GOT CREATIVE to make money to feed my kids when I had an abusive husband who wouldn't contribute and who, at one time, was laid off work for a year. He did work hard, I'll give him that, and took on side jobs and cash jobs to make ends meet. I was the one who had to come up with grocery money, and you can bet this mamma tiger did just that.

THAT is what we are talking about. Some people do not even TRY other means. We are NOT talking about those who are disabled, elderly, disabled veterans, the ones Obama points out that will be hurting if Romney wins. The people with real hardships are NOT the ones we would ever dream of not helping. It's the ones who are capable of work but who refuse to. The ones you see with their hands held out for gimmes instead of held to a grindstone. No job is "beneath" anyone. Yet, that is often the reasoning behind some people who are lazy, maybe ignorant, maybe feeling "entitled" to money that business people worked HARD to attain. That's where people are so misled.

You don't NEED a cell phone. You don't NEED Nikes. No one is "entitled" to higher education. You can do without so very very much. I speak from actual experience. I was homeless for a bit after I left my ex with what i could fit in my car. Did I feel sorry for myself? NO! At no time did I blame anyone for my situation other than my own choices. I found work, I worked and lived at a fucking amusement park as a 42 year old woman. Humiliating? Yes, sometimes it was. But it was also "honest" work, low paying, but I had a roof over my head and a way to pay my bills, including CHILD SUPPORT for a child I couldn't see.

(more next post)

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7385 posts)
Next?

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
"So everyone on welfare are less than those who arent? Subhuman? Seriously you offered it. Now explain it. If someone on the right had said this they would be racist. Please explain how those on welfare are less than tose who are not."

Oh? The rock you live under had no cable tv reception for R-Money's SNAFU on the 47? But now he is for the middle class and birth control availability?

Now he's accusing the left of using sound bites and word play? Act of terror vs terrorism, anyone?

You guys are being spun. The right is not backing this choice like they did 4 yrs ago. Should not be as close as 2008......

Albuquerque NM
Username hidden
(2103 posts)
Bobby? where do you come up with this shit? I really think your mind is lost,,,Ya better go find it, I cant wait to see your post after OBAMASS Loses the election.

Mickey.

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(4928 posts)
So, now, Bobbik is claiming that the welfare recipient are concentration camp prisoners who get placed in ovens? are we sure that he isn't a loony house patient who is well behaved and gets a few hours on the PC on daily basis? seriously.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16441 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... More 
Start   42 to 51 of 433   End
TOPIC: Serious Political Discussion About The Elections