Serious Political Discussion About The Elections : Swingers Discussion 20881310371
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsSerious Political Discussion About The Elections
TOPIC: Serious Political Discussion About The Elections
GoTo Page: Less ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
Start   371 to 380 of 434   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"So the successful, who don't spend a great part of their lives in Academia, mostly vote Republican. "

White people. But I'm pretty sure this references people who already have their degrees. Like, smart and educated people.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
I consider us successful, we're both college educated one of us with an advanced degree. Hubby used to vote Dem in his 20's up until his mid 30's, which is right about the time when he was promoted to fairly high position. He understood what it meant to vote democrat at that point ;).

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16526 posts)
Who would risk vandalism to their vehicle by putting a Romney bumber sticker on their vehicle? In the 2008 election the vandalism to homes with McCain signs was disturbing. I haven't seen any signs in our area.

These days with the rabid Obama zombies a Romney sticker could get you shot.

Sanford NC

Username hidden
(19231 posts)
So the successful, who don't spend a great part of their lives in Academia, mostly vote Republican.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
If Gov't taking care of you isn't your main issue, why would you vote for OweBama?

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
ht tp://andrewgelman.c om/2012/03/voting-patterns-of-americas-whites-from-the-masses-to-the-elites/

According to this study, white people tend to vote Republican, but it varies according to education and income.

Among middle-income voters: - those with no high school degree vote around 70% Republican - those with a HS degree vote about 60% Repub - with a college degree, just over half are Repub - with an advanced degree, about 40% vote Repub

Among high-income voters: - with a HS degree, some 80% vote Repub - with a college degree, less than 60% in '08 (higher in '00 and '04) - with advanced degrees, right around 50-50

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
"I don't think they all like government taking care of them.If my brother could work he would."

Sweet, that is EXACTLY why Romney's statement was so insidious. He was trying to promote this ridiculous myth that half of Americans are wonderful taxpaying "makers" and the other half are lazy and dependent "takers." And in his fantasy world, the former are all Republicans and the latter are all Democrats. 

Belle Chasse LA

Username hidden
(10389 posts)
Yes, very few signs or bumper stickers here. There's no excitement, which tells me the true likely voters will be voting against a candidate.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
Lots of NY (Manhattan/Brooklyn, don't know about the other boroughs) and NJ (Monmouth County) bumper stickers and lawn signs for Romney/Ryan.

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16526 posts)
"This is why in Florida, where my husband just came back from, for every Romney ad, there are 4 of Obama's."

I'm sure you saw the NYT article that says Romney has money troubles. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Which brings me up to a related note.

I live in a very conservative area (for California). Last election cycle, I saw a lot of yard signs and bumper stickers for both candidates.

This year, hardly any. I saw my first Romney bumper sticker just the other day. Anyone else seeing the same thing?

Lakeside CA

Username hidden
(17239 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
Start   371 to 380 of 434   End
TOPIC: Serious Political Discussion About The Elections