Serious Political Discussion About The Elections : Swingers Discussion 20881310151
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsSerious Political Discussion About The Elections
TOPIC: Serious Political Discussion About The Elections
GoTo Page: Less ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... More 
Start   151 to 160 of 433   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Ya, it's totally impossible a few low level phone operators/answer takers were 'convinced to skew the data. It's not strange at all for the numbers to suddenly drop after 3.5 years right before the election. I seem to recall that Clinton had a bunch of 'coincidences' too.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16801 posts)
Sedu:

Please learn to read.

Unlike banks, everything BLS does is open to the public. It would be easier for the banks to lie than BLS, because any moron who can count and do statistical math can check their math. A bank requires specialized people who are sworn to maintaining the confidentiality of your accounts.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7345 posts)
I'm embarrassed I wasted time even to poke fun at this nonsense.

The thread title begins with the word "serious."

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10775 posts)
........and Banks have never cooked the books. lol

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16801 posts)
Ok,

Let me try one last time, banks are regulated by the federal government. They have internal audit, and external audit, aka FEDERALES! that come from the federal government to ensure that the bank is in compliance with the regulations. If the bank is not following the regulations, depending on the severity, they'll be warned at first. If they continue to ignore the federal government, they'll be shut down eventually.

How does it work in the case of BLS, who AUDITS that office, which branch of the government, and whom are these auditors reporting to?

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
"The data is public."

They make public the names and numbers they call?

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16801 posts)
The process is public.

The data is public.

The only thing that is secret is the data right while it is collected. As soon as it is released, it is all released.

That is what the article I posted was about. Economists not employed by the BLS looked at the process, and verified that the process was completed the way it always has, and in accordance with accepted practices.

There are any number of inspectors in the Department of Labor that ensure the integrity of the process.

There are other surveys that collect some of the same data independently, and come up with generally the same conclusion.

The answers are there, you are just having trouble seeing them.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17352 posts)
I didn't ask you HOW and WHO is being interviewed, I asked how are the numbers CHECKED to ensure that they weren't changed/skewed/fucked with. Who is the agency reporting to?

I don't know how else to simplify it for you.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
He's the Mormanchurian candidate!

Whitehouse Station NJ
Username hidden
(4489 posts)
I answered your question, both here and on the other site.

It is an issue of statistical noise. When you do a survey, you only talk to a sample of the entire population. In this case, it is about 55K households.

You have a range of outcomes, from talking to 55K households that have no job (100% unemployment) to 55K households that all have jobs (0% unemployment). Most outcomes will be somewhere in the middle, and, ideally, the most frequent outcome will correspond to the actual outcome if you had surveyed everyone. But often it is not.

I don't know how many different ways to say it. People much more familiar with the data and procedures have looked and come to the conclusion that there was nothing sinister about the data collection or manipulation.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17352 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... More 
Start   151 to 160 of 433   End
TOPIC: Serious Political Discussion About The Elections