Serious Political Discussion About The Elections : Swingers Discussion 20881310141
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsSerious Political Discussion About The Elections
TOPIC: Serious Political Discussion About The Elections
GoTo Page: Less ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... More 
Start   141 to 150 of 433   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I agree that an aging population is a challenge and everything about that will concern our politicians for years to come. Looking at some Census data (and I'm rounding), about a half million people joined those 65 and over during the last decade. The numbers indicate that an extra million on top of that will join them ever year for the next decade. 1946 was 66 years ago and the boomers are just reaching full retirement age. That will decrease the number of jobs we need in order to reach "full" employment but at the same time massively increase the myriad of services used by an aging population. Some jobs will be in demand; nurses and plumbers for instance. One for increased need and one for a dramatic decrease in skilled workers. Good politicians find ways to help all of their constituants and be sensitive to their needs. I'm hoping that when all the guff and bluff of the election process is gone in January, those we elect can quietly talk (behind closed doors if needed to shield their public persona) and come up with solutions that can be approved by a majority. As a country, we are in denial and really don't demand that they actually get stuff done! But we have to let them be free to talk with "the other side" and occasionally give up a little in order to get something near and dear. I'm not an idealist like some here. In the next four years we need to see politicians crossing the aisle at times. We can help them by not calling them total idiots when they do that.

Southington CT
Username hidden
(327 posts)
" In the next few years there are going to be a lot of baby boomers leaving their jobs and that might create some vacancies for those looking for work."

A two edged sword at best...

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3598 posts)
My take on the most recent unemployment figures is that the process seems about as fair as it can get and the methodology sound. Numbers do change from survey to survey which is why the trend line is what people should concentrate on. For years, analysts I've seen on tv have been saying that. The trend is that the unemployment numbers are very slowly improving. Just about everyone agrees that we wish it was faster. There are many good discussions going on about who is making up the workforce, type of work, etc. I would like to see more numbers about the volume of baby boomers who are now retiring, either on their own, or because of the economy. I know that in my state, there's been an unforseen surge of people collecting Medicare and our state budget is being strained. In the next few years there are going to be a lot of baby boomers leaving their jobs and that might create some vacancies for those looking for work.

Southington CT
Username hidden
(327 posts)
All common sense must be set aside to believe unemployment dropped from 8.2% to 7.8% in one month.

Common sense must also be set aside for one to vote for O'Bama (if you are voting against Romney, I'll accept that).

Liberalism lacks a connection to common sense.

Tucson AZ
Username hidden
(4489 posts)
So you NOW admit you are a Liberal???

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17025 posts)
"And no liberal ever questions ANYTHING that involves a another liberal"

I vaguely recall taking issue earlier this evening with Tbr's suggestion that the Chinese holding "only" 8% of our debt was no big shakes. Ergo, one of us is not a "liberal," or you are wrong, once again. Which is it Perf?

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
"And no liberal ever questions ANYTHING that involves a another liberal"

That's right. It's a conspiracy thing...

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
And no liberal ever questions ANYTHING that involves a another liberal

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17025 posts)
This fits right in with the Republican meme...

Anything that doesn't fit in with their world view must be some kind of conspiracy...

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
"I'm embarrassed I wasted time even to poke fun at this nonsense.

The thread title begins with the word "serious."

**Yes, but it also contained the name of the thread creator. Did you not read all the way down?

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3598 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... More 
Start   141 to 150 of 433   End
TOPIC: Serious Political Discussion About The Elections