Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Serious Political Discussion About The Elections
TOPIC: Serious Political Discussion About The Elections
Created by: Seduction4Two
Original Starting post for this thread:
Quite a few people no longer take part in the political fora precisely because it became a putrid, toxic dump ground that lacks actual true discourse. I know this, because I communicate with these people offline and on SLS. It's becoming more and more frustrating to wade through ill informed, or simply silly ignorance. It's tiring to read insults that no one really cares about, and snarks.

Is it possible at all to discuss this election in a calm rational fashion? no name calling, no snarks, discussions based on actual facts? Maybe some of the intelligent people that left can return.

If at all possible, if you are not able to keep up, if you don't have the facts and are not willing to educate yourself or listen with an open mind to others, without resorting to petty insults and abusive language, keep posting in other threads, the political fora is full of them. It's not too much to ask, take it as a plea for sanity and intelligence to prevail.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 433   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"Former New Hampshire governor John Sununu, a co-chair of Mitt Romney's campaign and a top surrogate for the GOP nominee, said Thursday night on CNN that "you have to wonder" whether former Secretary of State Colin Powell only endorsed President Obama because both men are black. Sununu said that he applauded Powell for standing with Obama, "somebody of your own race that you're proud of being president of the United States." (See the video below.) Powell didn't mention race when he backed Obama, saying only that he was "more comfortable" with the president's views on everything from climate change to immigration, that he didn't want to see ObamaCare "thrown off the table," and that he was nervous about Romney's apparently shifting positions on foreign policy. After his CNN appearance, Sununu quickly walked back his remark, calling Powell "a friend" and saying he had no doubt that the endorsement was based purely on Powell's "support of the president’s policies." Should that settle the matter?"

Bending those corners on those race cards?

Milwaukee WI
Username hidden
(2121 posts)
Ryan is still running for his House seat. So if the VP thing doesn't work out, he won't be collecting unemployment... ==============================

Red herring. Dems are becoming desperate.

White Hse Sta NJ
Username hidden
(4489 posts)
Fjep:

"Not one conservative here has tried to tell or suggest how you vote, even though you have commented on it. If it were me I would tell you to go procreate yourself."

Bullshit, you all have told me your views and thus how to vote. Sedu told us his/her choice, I did the exact same thing that you all do. Added my two cents.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7705 posts)
In my home state of CT, the Republican senatorial candidate has started to run ads that feature votes saying they're voting for Obama for President but for her for Senator. By the way, Linda McMahon ran for Senator once before but lost after spending $50 million dollars of her own money (WWE McMahon). It's an interesting strategy and I think it might win some votes. The Senatorial race is still pretty close and she's about 5% behind. Obama will clearly win the state. Republicans are fuming at the ads. But I think that it's a smart gamble on her part. She wants people to split the ticket and CT has more independents than people who are enrolled as Republicans or as Democrats. It's said that politics makes strange bedfellows but I've never seen a candidate for one party spend money promoting the Presidential candidate of another as part of their campaign. Are any of you seeing this kind of splitting of tickets going on in your locale?

Southington CT
Username hidden
(328 posts)
And the same goes for you Bobby. If you don't want to be called out for stupidity then don't post stupidity. You can comment all you want, but it still makes you look stupid. Her vote, her privilege, her responsibility, not yours. Not one conservative here has tried to tell or suggest how you vote, even though you have commented on it. If it were me I would tell you to go procreate yourself.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19553 posts)
Fjep:

"It is still none of your business, and outside the control of a tiny liberal brain"

The moment Sedu volunteered the information on whom he was and wasn't voting for, he opened the door to comment.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7705 posts)
Same thing Biden did in 2008, only this time if he loses he will just be as bitter as Al Gore.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19553 posts)
Ryan is still running for his House seat. So if the VP thing doesn't work out, he won't be collecting unemployment...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17378 posts)
news.yahoo. com/blogs/ticket/obama-makes-phone-call-colin-powell-endorsement-thanks-161807309--election.html

usatoday. com/story/theoval/2012/10/15/george-w-bush-mitt-romney-obama-new-york-magazine-jeb-bush/1633963/

The party is over. Romney can get on his horse and ride off into the sunset.

What is poor Ryan going to do? Take Sarah's job at Fox? Is there room for one more failed vice president candidates over there?

Milwaukee WI
Username hidden
(2121 posts)
"I don't attempt to tell someone how to vote, I simply told Sedu that if he votes against someone, he is voting for someone else. "

It is still none of your business, and outside the control of a tiny liberal brain.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19553 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 433   End
TOPIC: Serious Political Discussion About The Elections