Senator Bud Masterson: World Series Gentleman Political Poker Champion : Swingers Discussion 225584
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsSenator Bud Masterson: World Series Gentleman Political Poker Champion
TOPIC: Senator Bud Masterson: World Series Gentleman Political Poker Champion
Created by: Z_Z_Krewe
Original Starting post for this thread:
Sen. John McCain would just like to reassure strippers across this great nation that they have nothing to fear from the bill he’s supporting that would phase out $1 bills and replace them with dollar coins, because maybe instead of getting pelted with coins, they’ll still get bills, just in larger denominations, so yay strippers, and empowerment. Strippers getting more money counts as empowerment, right?

The bill, which is very very cutely called the “Currency Optimization, Innovation and National Savings Act” — COINS, get it?? – is being pushed as a way to make currency more efficient, and is enthusiastically backed by the vending machine industry, which contends that “Jammed $1 bills in vending machines cost the industry hundreds of millions in annual repair costs and lost sales.”

On the downside, managers of “Gentlemen’s clubs,” which share with Congress the distinction of being the only places to still use the word “gentlemen” without the least bit of self-consciousness, believe that the measure would be Bad For Dancers. The Hill’s “In The Know” blog cites one club manager’s insights:

“I think it would be very awkward for everyone involved. How much more would a coin weigh than a dollar bill? It would be very hard.”

The manager also astutely pointed out, “You can’t put a coin in a garter belt.”

{Arizonans love that old gambling coot}}

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 18   End
User Details are only visible to members.
[Easy research clue]

Senator Bud Masterson played poker with Charles Keating at the Lincoln Savings and Loan blackjack table.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(7036 posts)
With his extensive experience and history in investment and bailout politics [research the Lincoln Financial connection of the Senator from Arizona], Senator Bud Masterson could be the face of one of America's newly stamped poker currency.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(7036 posts)
"Amusmens parks"

Not. Gonna. Say it.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
Yeah, lots of places try to use the independent contractor loophole.

The fact is that most independent contractors aren't.

If you require someone to be at your place of employment at a certain time to work, they are not an independent contractor.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
Since neither the gold nor the silver standard guarantee the value of paper currency in the USA, the U.S. Mint should stamp out plastic poker markers of various values.

Then the U.S. Treasury could guarantee the value of its currency based on the invasion and occupation of two foreign countries and the Wall St. Billionaire Bailout successes of the 21st Century.

America's currency can then be backed by capitalism and super-patriotism, and nothing more. What a great day for the world economies!

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(7036 posts)
Swgold:

I have little patience for those who refuse to embrace the new technologies of the modern world. I have lived through the ending of the rotary phone to cell phones which can launch and land Apollo 13 while damaged.

My generation is expected to adapt at a drop of a dime and then be cursed at and then tossed aside when we don't keep up with every bit of tech... I expect the generation who set these standards, to live by them as well.

Further those who I speak to so negatively on these forums, seem hell bent on holding my generation accountable for their mistakes... As if we held the reigns of power for the last 20-30 years.

I am not sorry to say that 95-99% of the debt is not my generation.

That this nations continued dependence on independent transportation (thus more oil) and general energy needs isn't my generations fault.

That our dilapidated cities and education system isn't my generations fault.

That the fact we must beg and pay the Russians for access to space.

That we have bridges collapsing in all of our 50 states.

That this nation is speeding off a cliff and no bridge was built, because the so called capitalist have a 3 month profit margins and couldn't see 12 months down the road... Much less 10 years down the road. (housing bubble.)

Yet, those who are on these forums and are 50+ continue to speak to the younger generation as if it is our fault... That somehow your generations failures are ours.

So I will use a big paint brush, because I don't see many 50+ year olds silencing these morons who are the real cause of the above problems in this nation... People who have for their entire lives only thought of themselves and not once about the people to the left and right of them.

Life isn't about you, it isn't about the wealth you can generate for yourself... It is about what you can do for your nation, your people and the human race.

If this isn't your goal, if your only thoughts are how to not pay to improve the nation as a whole for the entirety of the nations children... Then you are less important than the bum living in the sewers of NYC, at the least they keep the police employed when their bodies must be fished out of the river. (sadly, I must also blame the generations before mine for the poverty and failure to inspire these homeless people to achieve more or to do for the nation)

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7586 posts)
Swgold:

I agree about the mental disconnect with fake money bought with real money and spending.

Look to online gambiling, look to online games where you buy vanity items or such as world of tanks and their in game currency. I am actually surprised that bars aren't already doing this as an option to lead people into buying larger amounts of bar money.

Had I the money to open a bar, (and applicable laws don't bar me from using fake money) I would have both currencies being used. More over the bar money would grant the costume greater access to services or alternatively 1usd = 1.10 bar currency, only bought in whole bar money Dino inactions.

So buy 10 bar dollars for 9 usd. The mental effect is that you get more for you money, so you buy more dinks, lap dances, ect.

You see this in the grocery store with coupons all the time. Get a sale only applicable with a coupon and you will start buying other things. It is why sale signs are large, bright and almost always eye level.

Any loss on initial investment is made up in bulk buys. More over if you invested a little more money, you can get cash machines such as seen in 711 stores. (The debtit card won't have the strip clubs name on it.)

Gee, a loser like me has to teach 50 something's how to market goods?

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7586 posts)
That would be an issue.

Owners skimming would be an issue. The last place I managed, the owner required the girls to pay him to work there. Illegal, but lets face it, these girls are there for a reason...

And, someone is going to take one of the bills and reproduce it. No owner is going to put the money into what it would take to make it more difficult.

Never going to work...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
Maybe the biggest problem is that strippers likely don't report a whole lot of their tip income and thus escape taxation. If an exchange system was implemented, records would be kept.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19842 posts)
Robert,

Once again, you totally misunderstand the basic principles of capitalism...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 18   End
TOPIC: Senator Bud Masterson: World Series Gentleman Political Poker Champion