Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Sen Robert Menendez, D-NJ This jerk needs to be gone
TOPIC: Sen Robert Menendez, D-NJ This jerk needs to be gone
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   11 to 20 of 47   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Vacp:

Now try paying for medical with minimum wage, pay for a roof over your head, pay for food for your kids, and pay for car payments/repairs... Oh and the bills and local taxes. You can't, because your employer isn't paying you enough to cover the basics of living in a civilized nation.

Civilized nations have medical for all, or at the least try to. If you must choose between crushing debt if you seek medical care, or feeding your family... You are being presented with a choice by a uncivilized persons and such persons ought to be ignored as a genetc or mental throw back to our more primitive past.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7783 posts)
The same way I do. I pay for it myself. Kinda simple if you ask me.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Vacp:

Medical is a need. You have just complained about mandating employers to pay for it, so I tried to offer a number if suggestions where the government isn't providing... You shot each down. Time for you to provide answers as to how to provide medical for all who work.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7783 posts)
Robert how can you expect one company to pay for the benefits of another company. How could they decide who paid for who?? You cannot make a store only sell certain products . We live in a free enterprise society.What you are talking about would entail state run stores were the government controls the companies and would distribute the money.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Vacp:

Walmart provides everything... Maybe we ought to start by making them choose... Food store, you store, clothing store, or electronic store? (I haven't seen hardware like sears has)

If this truely cannot be done, then these bigger stores do have a unfair advantage... Two options to fixing the medical side. (the more important side, I'll drop the advancement/edication for now)

A) small businesses like the ones you speak of are excepmt, instead the bigger stores which the small ones compete against pay for your employees medical.

For example: dollar general sells food, some basic clothing and household items. Giants, Walmart and kmart would have to pay for the medical of the dollar general employees.

B) a social medical system, no employer must or ought to provide medicen... That will be the governments job. (frees all employers of this obligation. Yes it is an employers obligation) instead it is paid for by wealth. A tax based upon total wealth. (number of cars, homes, yeats, boats, land, othe property in your name or in holding which you are allowed to use.)

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7783 posts)
Yes I know all about the phone company my mother retired from them. You are still missing the point. The larger stores have a larger work force is true. But they also have a larger customer base. So your point is invalid. The companies you are talking about were providing a specific service (phone for example). How can you regulate retail outlets when there are hundreds of different stores. They provide no specific service so they have no monopoly on a certain product.That is what the government broke up to allow the public to have more than one choice for certain services.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Vacp:

The problem with your logic is that you think only the small stores will push up the price. The bigger stores will have to as well, so to pay their own increased expenses.

Because they are bigger, they are also with larger workforces withwhich to provide for. If they decide to form a monopoly by placing the smaller stores out of business... As you claim try will, then the easy answer is to break them up.

We have done this a number of times already. From phone companies to oil companies. (bell and standard oil)

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7783 posts)
Mari:

2 employees, one doesn't want to be a boss or the extra work the pay grade demands?

I have no issue with promoting those who are willing to do more work higher. They are willing to do more, you are willing to promote them. The only thing that I demand is that every man who works be provided for.

Provided for means medical. It means a wage which grows the economy. It means advancement.

Advancement doesn't have to be in your company. This is why I favor something more along the lines of college tuition. Namely if the job that they hold is a dead end job like garbage man, factory laborer.

I am not saying that an employer must pay employees enough to buy a modest house, but enough that they aren't on the government system, enough that their kids aren having to skip meals and the parents aren't forced to work multiple jobs, just to make ends meet. (pay channels x-box live, new computers every two years and other similar excesses aren't your responsibility... They don't really grow the economy much)

Generally I feel that if you must ask the question which you asked, your business does not have enough positions by which you can clearly place wage grades at a point of responsibility. (your business sounds too unorganized)

Further minimum wage jobs in general ought to be considered jobs for high school kids... They do not provide for growth of the economy, only the growth of poverty.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7783 posts)
Robert if these base companies charge to much more then the people will drive the 15 miles or so here to a big store. They already pay more for the product they buy to put on the shelf. So they are working on a tighter profit margin than lets say Lowes is. People in smaller towns try to support their fellow towns people. They provide a service to the community and help keep the people in the s\area employed.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Vacp:

First, these employers at the base... At the bottom need to learn to demand from their costumers a price which allows them to provide for their employees.

Second, those businesses which are further up the chain, the owners who live far in excess of their employees need both reduce their personal wealth as the wealth which the base employer should be getting is trapped with the middle and higher employers.

If this isn't possible, if all employers want is to keep under cutting each other at the expense of their employees, then they fail to provide for their employees and I do not want to hear complaints about the welfare system for that is the system business chose to accept with the race to the bottom.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7783 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   11 to 20 of 47   End
TOPIC: Sen Robert Menendez, D-NJ This jerk needs to be gone