Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Section 5 - Preclearance - Take 2
TOPIC: Section 5 - Preclearance - Take 2
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 27   End
User Details are only visible to members.
You don't need an insurance card to see a doctor, and voting is a constitutional right, and you can't add requirements without a constitutional amendment of a SCOTUS decision

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
Bottom line if you need to show an ID to go to the Doctor with your Insurance card for service. Then you need to show ID to vote. It's not rocket science.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Robert, that was humor.

Section 5 is history, whether you like it or not. Game over. Jim Crow days are history, isolated incidents are not state sponsored racism. Either you get over it, or you continue to complain, Section 5 is gone baby, gone!

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17257 posts)
Robert: You have a minimum wage job. You live in your parents basement. You are to afraid to go across town and look for a better job. You have no business asking questions about or giving advise about any subject. You are afraid of everything. You are in a state of clinical depression. Get off this site and get help at the County Mental Health Clinic.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
Robert until you stop treating people different they will always be different. One side or the other will always find a way to work the system and come out ahead so they will insist the system stay the same.

That is exactly what is going on in the south today.

How long did you live in the south to have all this knowledge????

Red Bluff CA
Username hidden
(438 posts)
Sedu:

What are you talkin about? People in the south waited six ours in line to vote. That is unacceptable. End of story. If people didn't have their cards and needed them, where were the signs stating the need for a ID or other card? These signs ought to have been located at the end of the lines and posted along the route of the line.

The failure to do so is on the government, not the people. If the government creates a reseriction to voting, it is the governments obligation to ensure that the people are well educated on how to vote.

I will not accept excuses or passing the buck on this. My father, the men he served with and the men who will never return and I myself didn't serve this nation, just to turn around and accept voter disenfranchisement on any level, by any means, by anyone.

If you want to ensure the vote is protected against illegal voters, then you accept the responsibility to ensure all persons affected by your actions are able to vote. If that requires you to have people go door to door of every resident, then that is what you do... Even if it must be a daily chore until election day. No if's and's or but's about it.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7780 posts)
Nor:

Well, when the southern states rise up to the standards of the northern states... You can ask to have the mandates removed... Until you meet our minimum... Of waits no longer than 1 hour from entering the line to voting, you aren't equal, you are disinfranchising the voters.

You can sit there chanting equal is equal all you want... The south are still behind the times and until the south places it's feet onto the ground and begin to move at the pace of the civilized world in voting rights (wait time to vote count) I don't very much care what you have got to say, as you are making noise and doing nothing to win my sympathy.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7780 posts)
We have gone from bigoted racism to institutionalized racism. Affirmative action has been voted down in a bunch of states and now it is time for this crap to go to.

Equal is equal. We only need one set of laws for all Americans. The minute there are more than one set of rules it is wrong.

Get over it, get on with it, and get it done.

Again check out a book by Ward Connerly called "Creating Equal" He authored prop 209 here in cali eliminating affirmative action and has been on the road for the last few years assisting other states to get rid of Affirmative action too. Ward is one of the folks they like to put on TV to debate J Jackson on these issues. It is very simple, equal means equal. period nothing else is acceptable.

Red Bluff CA
Username hidden
(438 posts)
**many people in the southern states were in lines for five to seven hours.**

Six hours to find their voting ID card, one hour to vote!

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17257 posts)
norc:

Well at the least you are willing to give a free ID card to every citizen or person legally allowed to vote.

Now the problems with such cards.

For such a card to be valid, it must be registered with the federal government. Such registries are subject to hacking and fraud. This doesn't even start to discuss actual errors which will occur.

If you are going to propose an idea, you should at the least think about how the new system you want can be exploited and or corrupted.

As for equality. In a perfect world, I would agree with you. Sadly we do not have a perfect world and as evident by the southern states and their long lines for voting... (lines which encircle the buildings and people must wait hours to vote.) This in and of itself is discrimination. Why is it so? Because my employer isn't going to allow me and all of his/her employees time to be away from work.

While I was in college, my employer bluntly told me and every other college student that we will be in work on time. Voting was to be done on our own time. So if you have classes from 8AM until 5PM as I did. (not to include having to stay longer for studies and or actually doing the projects) You do not have much time between 5PM and 6Pm to get home, cleaned up and ready for work and to the polls to vote.

Even if you were to show up to the polls for oh say 2PM, many people in the southern states were in lines for five to seven hours.

If that isn't an attempt by the state government to prevent city folk from voting, then it is at the least a failure to do their jobs and ensure that every voter can vote.

So yes, we need laws which protect the rights of minorities to vote, and I have no sympathy for southern states which seem plagued with these long lines... Because the existence of the lines is an injustice as it is harassment of the voter who in many big cities happen to be minorities.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7780 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 27   End
TOPIC: Section 5 - Preclearance - Take 2