Secretary of Defense : Swingers Discussion 2136301011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsSecretary of Defense
TOPIC: Secretary of Defense
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 21   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Chuck Hagel is being considered for the position of the Sec. of Defense of the US. He is a former United States Senator from Nebraska. A member of the Republican Party, Hagel was first elected to the Senate in 1996. He was reelected in 2002 and then retired in 2008. He is currently a professor at the Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University. During his political career, Hagel voted 78.1% of the time with the Republican party.

Here is a picture of Hagel’s voting record (small example of issues that should be important to many of us, regardless of our political affiliation):

• Voted YES on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers.

• Voted NO on background checks at gun shows.

• Voted YES on barring HHS grants to organizations that perform abortions.

• Voted YES on maintaining ban on Military Base Abortions.

• Voted YES on prohibiting minors crossing state lines for abortion.

• Voted NO on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines.

• Rated 11% by the NAACP, indicating an anti-affirmative-action stance.

• Voted NO on expanding hate crimes to include sexual orientation.

• Voted NO on capping of foreign aid at only $12.7 billion.

• Voted YES on requiring photo ID to vote in federal elections.

• Voted NO on funding for National Endowment for the Arts.

• Voted NO on factoring global warming into federal project planning.

• Voted NO on tax incentives for energy production and conservation.

• Voted YES for continued increase in aid to Israel.

• Voted NO for sanctions against Iran, opposing even those aimed at the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps, which at the time was orchestrating devastating bomb attacks against U.S. troops in Iraq.

• Voted NO on to classify Hezbollah as a terrorist organization

• Voted YES for Iraq invasion.

Chuck though has a major problem with “Israel.” A deeper look at Hagel's record exposes a deep-seeded detestation of Israel far outside the norm for average run-of-the-mill Israel critics.

Modern day anti-Semitism has taken a more insidious form; it masks itself as legitimate criticism of Israel, with the purported aim of advancing "human rights." Old school is calling for the destruction of Israel, old school anti-Semitism is calling Jews kikes. Denying the Holocaust, that’s all old school.

You can decide which one Hagel is;

• In 1996 The AJC asked senators to join a statement against anti-Semitism in Russia that would appear during then-president Boris Yeltsin’s visit to the United States.

Harris, the President of AJC says “We published the letter as a full-page ad in the New York Times with 99 Senate signatories. Only Sen. Hagel’s name was absent.”

• Hagel's 2006 libelous reference to the so-called "Jewish lobby," raising the old anti-Semitic canard -- very big in the Arab world and among Nazi conspiracists -- of rich, powerful Jews influencing Washington and American policies. He didn’t call it Israel lobby, he called it a Jewish lobby. Almost 50% of Jews are not Israeli.

As a Democrat, would you be comfortable with him as a Secretary of Defense. As a Republican, would you be comfortable with him as a Secretary of Defense.

Tell me!

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16789 posts)
I need to read up on the choices before I can reply intelligently. To be continued.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7474 posts)
Hagel's ethics issues:

web.archive.o rg/web/20040606115743/h ttp://ww w.thehill.co m/news/012903/hagel.as px

(remove spaces)

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16789 posts)
M, I can only suspect that Obama knows full well of Hagel's tendencies, so he must agree with them.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19407 posts)
Hagel repeatedly voted against sanctions on Iran, opposing even those aimed at the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps, which at the time was orchestrating devastating bomb attacks against U.S. troops in Iraq. Hagel argued that direct negotiations, rather than sanctions, were the best means to alter Iran’s behavior. Hagel voted against the recognition of Hezbollah as a terrorist group. He advocates direct talks with HAMAS. Hagel is very pro reduction of of the defense budget.

During the next couple of years, the US might be forced to contemplate military action if Iran refuses to negotiate. He will need a defense secretary ready to support and effectively implement such a decision. Perhaps Hagel would do so; perhaps he would also, if installed at the Pentagon, take a different view of defense spending, but who knows.

Hagel has a real issue with *Jews* though he disguises it under Israel. He also has some monetary issues that he didn't disclose in his past, I didn't do my homework on that part, so I can't discuss it in detail.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16789 posts)
M for the most part it does not matter. Obama could pick McCain, or dig up Reagan and appoint him. The SOD answers to the president and does his bidding, unless the constitution is changed these departments cannot operate independently as they should.

The only place that matters for me is the SCOTUS, those appointments are permanent until retirement.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19407 posts)
I would be very surprised if Hagel isn't the next Sec of Defense. And the reason I say this, is because no matter what Obama says in public, I believe in my heart of hearts that his goal for the middle east and the defense budget is the same as Hagel's. Hagel is no Republican.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16789 posts)
I didn't know anything about her, but reading her wiki bio, she certainly seems qualified.

Probably why she won't be chosen.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
Why is he picking a republican? We all know where Obama stands he is not going to fool anyone with this choice, especially Hagel. If he wants to convince people he is moving more to the center pick a conservative democrat.

Whoever he picks, get the troops the fuck out of Afghanistan as soon as possible. There is no logical reason for them to be there anymore.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19407 posts)
I'd be very surprised if any Republican would support this POS!

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16789 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 21   End
TOPIC: Secretary of Defense