Second-grade Loveland student reportedly suspended for imaginary weapon : Swingers Discussion 2165461011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsSecond-grade Loveland student reportedly suspended for imaginary weapon
TOPIC: Second-grade Loveland student reportedly suspended for imaginary weapon
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 19 of 19 
User Details are only visible to members.
Robert....valid points but once again duplicity rears it's ugly head. many of the same people who claim this child's "creativity" is being suppressed, would slash all those "liberal commie" programs like Art, Humanities, Music, etc

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3841 posts)
Party:

Problem is that when kids (namely young kids) cannot be imagitive, they become destructive. So they form groups, play dodge ball and single one student out... Whizzing the Foam balls in manners which turn the soft foam into harder high speed impacts.

Targets typically are soft spots like backs of knees, thoat, stomachs, balls. On girls, it is the developing breast and yes... Some of these boys would throw at the girls just as hard... Typically when the girl breaks up with them.

The teachers can't suspend or send these bullies to the principle to be suspended for this... Because there isn't much evidence to prove intent to do harm.

Granted these are the same physed teachers who don't monitor their swim class to find two or three boys keeping another under water. I learned to hold my breath for five minutes... Then sink by exhaling and fighting the urge to resist so to maximize my air while they exhausted themselves with holding me at the bottom of the twelve feet depths of the pool.

The only time they were caught was when another teacher came looking for me and found three boys holding me under the water. They were never punished despite being caught red handed. Nore was the teacher fired.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7348 posts)
“It fell under that set of local policy they have in the building, and it was shared with all parents in the community at the beginning of the year,” Scheer said.

This is a bit extreme, but it is not the travesty some of you are trying to make it. There are plenty of "stupid" rules in the world, and they are not confined to schools or rules about weapons

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3841 posts)
and these are highly edmacated people..............BS

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
Glad no one ever found the imaginary bazooka I carried in my backpack when I was in school. I might have been expelled.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
You can't fix stupid

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
fire the princple and slap the teacher for being stupid........BS

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
Whatever you do do not bring your imagination to school. This is so far past stupid that it doesn't even deserve a comment. Next will be the crystal ball crew kicking kids out for what they think a child might think,

Red Bluff CA
Username hidden
(438 posts)
denverpost.c om/breakingnews/ci_22524862/second-grade-loveland-student-reportedly-suspended-imaginary-weapon

LOVELAND -- A 7-year-old Mary Blair Elementary School student says he's confused about getting in trouble for trying to save the world from evil, though Thompson School District officials contend that the boy broke one of the school's “absolutes.”

Parent Mandie Watkins said Mary Blair principal Valerie Lara-Black called her Friday afternoon to inform her that her second-grade son, Alex, had been suspended for throwing an imaginary grenade during recess on the playground.

Alex did not have anything in his hand at the time and made no threats toward other people, Watkins reportedly was told.

Watkins said Alex's story matched up with the principal's account: He threw the pretend grenade at an imaginary box that had something evil inside.

He was going to save the earth this way, and when he threw the grenade he pretended that the box exploded, in apparent success.

“He is very confused,” Watkins told the Reporter-Herald on Tuesday. “I'm confused as well, so it makes it hard for me to enforce these rules when I don't even understand them.”

The rules are laid out by Mary Blair Elementary School in a list of “absolutes” that are posted on the school's website and are aimed at making Mary Blair a safe environment.

Included in those absolutes are no physical abuse or fighting – real or play – and the no-weapons absolute also covers real or play weapons.

District policy does not prohibit imaginary weapons, but Superintendent Stan Scheer said individual schools are permitted to add enhancements to the general student code of conduct.

“It fell under that set of local policy they have in the building, and it was shared with all parents in the community at the beginning of the year,” Scheer said.

The district does not discuss disciplinary issues, but Scheer said there's more to the story than he was able to comment on.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 19 of 19 
TOPIC: Second-grade Loveland student reportedly suspended for imaginary weapon