Scott McClelland's new tell all book is out! Breaking Neocon News! : Swingers Discussion 91759
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsScott McClelland's new tell all book is out! Breaking Neocon News!
TOPIC: Scott McClelland's new tell all book is out! Breaking Neocon News!
Created by: JNMforPGHFUN The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 13   End
User Details are only visible to members.
An Indian walks into a cafe with a shotgun in one hand pulling a male buffalo with the other. He says to the waiter:

"Want coffee." The waiter says, "Sure, Chief. Coming right up." He gets the Indian a tall mug of coffee. The Indian drinks the coffee down in one gulp, turns and blasts the buffalo with the shotgun, causing parts of the animal to splatter everywhere and then just walks out.

The next morning the Indian returns. He has his shotgun in one hand, pulling another male buffalo with the other. He walks up to the counter and says to the waiter

"Want coffee."

The waiter says "Whoa, Tonto! We're still cleaning up your mess from yesterday. What was all that about, anyway?"

The Indian smiles and proudly says ..

"Training for position in United States Congress: Come in, drink coffee, shoot the bull, leave mess for others to clean up, disappear for rest of day." Make me a Liberal right away!

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Only took a day. Told ya. From Bloomberg*com:

"McClellan doesn't suggest that Bush deliberately lied to him about Libby's and Rove's involvement in the leak, said Peter Osnos, founder and editor-in-chief of Public Affairs Books, which is publishing McClellan's memoir next year.

"He told him something that wasn't true, but the president didn't know it wasn't true," Osnos said in a telephone interview. "The president told him what he thought to be the case."

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17347 posts)
Let's not get our panties in an uproar yet.

This is a hundred and twenty some words in a book that will probably be a couple of hundred pages long. This may be the only 120 words worth reading.

If what he says is true, and if he doesn't retract the statement or qualify it in some way, there may be some action that needs to be taken. I doubt anything serious will come of it.

But then I've thought that Bush has been playing for a tie since the beginning of his second term.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17347 posts)
which, the landslide or the coffee being juiced?? :-)

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
thread diversion already, haha

honestly though if u sum up jim's post,

it's true that indictments could happen as the special prosecutor is still on this case and it is not closed

it's true that oprah will be stumping for obama and this does not bode well for hillary

as for the democratic landslide i think his coffee was juiced or something but 2 out of 3 aint bad!

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
JNM..........just how small is your dick?

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
i didn't believe anything to be honest, just reacting to a story.

hard evidence in a court of law is one person saying what another person did and to have a former press secretary make this statement seems incredible.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Sounds like something you believed anyway, and Mcclelland's just reinforcing your opinion. Show me hard evidence that you can use in a court of law. Will people go to jail when this book's released. Somehow I doubt it. One man's interpretation of the facts does not constitute the truth. But I'll sit back and wait for this to play out. Somehow I just have the feeling that this is yet another political book which will have a 2 second half life in the national media.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
liberal red meat? cmon joe call em straight, this is a very big story. i can only imagine the outcry from the right (and the regular right sided posters who generally post all over the place here but are seemingly very silent on this thread) if this had happened to a dem or god forbid hillary.

take a look back..

In the fall of 2003, after authorities began investigating the leak, McClellan told reporters that he'd personally spoken to Rove, who was Bush's top political adviser, and Libby, who was Cheney's chief of staff.

"They're good individuals, they're important members of our White House team, and that's why I spoke with them, so that I could come back to you and say that they were not involved," McClellan said at the time.

Now to say, o yea, it was NOT true and that five of the highest-ranking officials in the administration were involved in my doing so is a little more than a lib puff piece, hell he didn't have to put out that quote if he didnt want to..

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Joe

I've been a Bush supporter since he was a the Texas governor - it's in my prior post. However, I was disturbed by what a friend of mine told me last month that there will be other books coming out after Bush leaves office. What I found disturbing are the individuals who are authoring the "tell all" books. It all centers around the Iraq war.

All of this will be put to rest if Iraq finally gets ahold of their country. Today's news seems it's finally taking a positive turn. Time will tell.

Fairfield CA
Username hidden
(575 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 13   End
TOPIC: Scott McClelland's new tell all book is out! Breaking Neocon News!