Scooter Libby - Guilty : Swingers Discussion 74833
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsScooter Libby - Guilty
TOPIC: Scooter Libby - Guilty
Created by: dzzyred
Original Starting post for this thread:
Once the closest adviser to Vice President Dick Cheney , I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby was convicted Tuesday of lying and obstructing a leak investigation that shook the top levels of the Bush administration.

Did the jury get it right?

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
 1 to 10 of 42   End
User Details are only visible to members.
yup he is and he decided to commute his sentence...LOL

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12440 posts)
repeat after me......i am the decider, lol

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Talk about beating a dead horse.

WASHINGTON - President Bush always said he would wait to talk about the CIA leak case until after the investigation into his administration's role. On Thursday, he skipped over that step and pronounced the matter old news hardly worth discussing.

ADVERTISEMENT "It's run its course," he said. "Now we're going to move on."

Despite a long history of denouncing leaks, Bush declined to express any disappointment in the people who worked for him and who were involved in disclosing the name of a CIA operative. Asked about that during a wide-ranging news conference, the president gave a dodgy answer.

"It's been a tough issue for a lot of people in the White House," he said.

He didn't even acknowledge the undisputed fact that someone working for him was the source, saying only that "perhaps somebody in the administration did disclose the name of that person."

The investigation was launched to determine who leaked the identity of Valerie Plame, a former CIA operations officer who had served overseas and is married to a key administration critic on the war, Joseph Wilson.

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12440 posts)
Dita Von Teese - hot

Styx - rocks

:-)

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Confuscious say passionate kissing alot like spiders web. They both lead to undoing of the fly 8-)

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
Exactly Joe!

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Well Sen he certainly hasn't raised any bars in this case that's for sure. And you know that if Obama or Hillary wins they will do the exact same thing, hypocrites.........

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
I am disappointed and disgusted with President Bush's actions. Although I do believe that Libby's prison sentence was excessive compared to others convicted of the same or similar thing, I was hoping that Bush would change past precedence of President's helping out friends and supporters.

Although Clinton himself was guilty of similar crimes and served no jail time, and that Clinton and all President's before him, all pardon or commuted sentences of friends and supporters, pointing to those as justification for Bush's action reminds me of a saying. "You cannot justify bad behavior (or action), by pointing to other bad behavior (or action)."

I think Bush is wrong.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
OK case in point you spend Umpteen Millions of dollars to get less than 2 million per term? one has to take into account ego doesnt get it done then you must have the desire for the punishment of holding such an office. Everyone loves a soap opera and scrutney is higher today than any other time in history. I cant wait to see things unfold in 2008 and to know where this country is headed.

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12440 posts)
Lucky

"pays less than a 1/4 of a million dollars a year"

The president's salary is currently $400,000 per year and VP $186,000 an change. Just thought you'd like to know.

However, there's only two reasons I can think of why someone would want to take on the toughest job in the free world and that is ego or a desire to fix things for the people and country (to serve the country). What other reasons could there be?

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
 1 to 10 of 42   End
TOPIC: Scooter Libby - Guilty