Russia - A New-Old Danger : Swingers Discussion 80023101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsRussia - A New-Old Danger
TOPIC: Russia - A New-Old Danger
Created by: dzzyred
Original Starting post for this thread:
Russia tested new missiles Tuesday that a Kremlin official boasted could penetrate any defense system, and President Vladimir Putin warned that U.S. plans for an anti-missile shield in Europe would turn the region into a "powder keg."

First Deputy Prime Minister Sergei Ivanov said Russia tested an intercontinental ballistic missile capable of carrying multiple independent warheads, and it also successfully conducted a "preliminary" test of a tactical cruise missile that he said could fly farther than existing, similar weapons.

"As of today, Russia has new tactical and strategic complexes that are capable of overcoming any existing or future missile defense systems," Ivanov said, according to the ITAR-Tass news agency. "So in terms of defense and security, Russians can look calmly to the country's future."

Ivanov is a former defense minister seen as a potential Kremlin favorite to succeed Putin next year. Both he and Putin have said repeatedly that Russia would continue to improve its nuclear arsenals and respond to U.S. plans to deploy a missile defense system in Poland and the Czech Republic - NATO nations that were in Moscow's front yard during the Cold War as Warsaw Pact members.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
 1 to 10 of 45   End
User Details are only visible to members.
if they say no, we shoot it down with asats.

If we paid for it, we own it and can destroy it at our leisure.

commie bastards.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
The Russians getting their shorts in a bunch over defensive missiles in Eastern Europe is a complete load of crap. The defensive missiles will be there to protect our NATO allies from rogue launches by Iran.

They are not there to stop Russian missiles from hititng the Continental US. Why? Because any attack by Russia against the USA would come over the North Pole. Missile defenses based in Eastern Europe would be powerless to stop this kind of attack.

As for the resumption of bomber patrols by the Russian AF, big deal. They send out some ancient Tupolev Bears to snoop along the borders of the UK and Norway. The RAF would make easy work of shooting down a 50+ year old design driven by propellers!

What makes me worry is that Russia is flexing her muscles again just when we will need them to ferry our astronauts to the International Space Station. By 2010 our space shuttles will be retired. Our new Orion spacecraft won't be ready until 2015 at the latest, but realistically that will be 2016. So, for 6 years we will be dependent on the Russians to give us a lift into space to a space staton we paid for. What if they say no? What if they claim it as their own? We'll have no leg to stand on.

Baltimore MD
Username hidden
(63 posts)
Poly,

You are correct, the right wing certainly does not represent what I believe this country should be.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
And your point is?

When has the administration changed any policy based on the bitching and moaning of the Democrats?

And when have the Democrats done anything other rolled over and played dead when faced with any administration action?

Bitching and moaning is one thing. Actually standing up for something you think is wrong is another.

So, either the Dems are pussies (not that I have anything against pussies, in fact I love them when part of the female body), or they are waiting their turn to use the power.

Either way, they don't represent me or my interests.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
what has that got to do with pacifing iraq? THey scream anytime someone does something even mildy wrong. Ok i'll give you the rape of that iraqi girl and murder of her family was bad, but so what. They bitch and moan and stomp there feet.

Let the troops do their jobs unhindered.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
Oh c'mon now.

No Democrat of any power has raised anything but feeble protest regarding anything having to do with the so-called "war on terror".

The current democratic congress is either a bunch of pussies who are afraid the mean old republicans will call them names, or they are waiting to capture the White House so they can take the unitary executive powers for a spin.

If they had balls, they would tell Bush no more money until the troops start coming home. Period.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
tbr,

we could easily replicate it. YOU LIBERALS WON"T LET US. I'd be fine shoving people into wood chippers and such, but can you hear the outcry from the liberals in this country?

They nearly had heart failure over a little hazing going on at abu graibh. I know people that pay to have their testicles strapped to electrodes.

we most certainly could put down the strife there. Just let our boys do it and dont' bitch at the method. The ends to justify the means.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
Scotty-

I agree that sometimes the passing of the old order brings unexpected consequences. I believed that we were less safe right after the fall of the soviet union, if only because there was some question about the security of their nuclear weapons. That seems to be somewhat under control now.

I look at the same with Iraq now. Say what you will about Saddam, he was a bastard, and I don't know of anyone who is sorry to see him gone, however he kept a lid on the sectarian strife in the country in a way we have not been able to replicate.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
And you expected something different with communisim, like our libs, they are self destructive and want to destroy your freedoms. There are 2 sides evil and good, please move to the right and remove yourself from the dark side of evil.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
dzzy,

I've been saying for years that i really really miss the cold war. At least the russian kept their client states inline most of the time.

I say put the wall back up and let them rein in the muslim nuts.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
 1 to 10 of 45   End
TOPIC: Russia - A New-Old Danger