Rush Limbaugh's Little Obama Song : Swingers Discussion 783011051
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsRush Limbaugh's Little Obama Song
TOPIC: Rush Limbaugh's Little Obama Song
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   51 to 58 of 58 
User Details are only visible to members.
Joe I think you are wrong in how you viewed this piece. Rush was never making fun at Obama. as a matter of fact the voice that is used is that of Al Sharpton. He was poking fun at the people in the media writing stuff about Obama such as he being the Majic Negro and how he was not black enough (as far as the black populace is conserned). This phrase ''Magic Negro" was not his it came from the LA Times from a writer who is black. This just show who is the racist among us. Look at how liberals treat blacks( ie they are too stupid to take care of themselves and we have to take care of them).

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
If you worked at an office with a lot of black co-workers would you feel comfortable playing that song in front of them?

The same could be said about black"artists". How about their grand parents. Dont get me wrong joe I agree with your assesment however those that do these things I listed below are the only people we hear. The black community has puts its hands over the mouths of those who are proud of the black community and those who speak to the black community to change their attitude toward their own community. Again I agree with you, Dont much like Rush.

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
First off Lucky you are off base when you say that the Black Community has no respect for it's self. We have a small percentage of the community who does not respect themselves or anything else, just as you have a small percentage of the white community that embraces hatred and violence. The biggest sin that every community shares with regard to it's embarrassing minority of rejects, is the sin of apathy. That I can say exists within the Black Communities, perhaps to a larger extent than other minority communities. And yes I have said a million times that politicians on either side cannot solve our problems, it will take some hard sacrifices and tough love from within our communities to turn things around. But let me tell ya something that you should already know, the vast majority of Black Men and Women are law abiding hard working people. They don't sell drugs, they don't do drugs, they don't even own a gun legal or illegal. They in no way identify with the image that some so called "Artists" put out about our people. Just find the Chris Rock routine where he talks about joining the Klu Klux Klan because of his distaste for "Niggers". There is a real contempt among hard working, intelligent Black people and those who identify themselves as "Niggaz"

And I am sure that the song was taken out of context and used a a political tool. But Rush chose to comment on the article and instead of having a meaningful debate or dialog about it he plays a song that he knows will bring his show heat. So once again his lack of concern for Blacks would perceive his parody tells me that he only cares about being "provocative" and not about making a real difference. So how can he be different from Rosie? He's not a stupid man, he knew what would happen, instead he went for the "shock" value. If you worked at an office with a lot of black co-workers would you feel comfortable playing that song in front of them? The hurt and anger that he has needlessly brought about will help the Democrats and further drive a wedge politically between the Republicans and Blacks. So taking that into account, was it worth it? Wasn't there a better way to make his point?

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
He has no credibility in the Black community and he does not care.

So why are they offened?

The black community has zero respect for its self, how can the white community in turn respect them.They demean and insult and rape their own race everyday why should they expect anything else?

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Akron ya know I have a lot of respect for ya, but don't think for a second that Rush Limbaugh did not know how the African American community would react to that song. He has no relationship with the Black community, and he decides to mock one of the most influential black men in America. He has managed to help future ostracize republicans from the black community. Akron how would you like to meet with a local black political group and have to defend that song? How could you? This tops the Mcnabb thing he did when he got fired from ESPN. He has no credibility in the Black community and he does not care. I think that's the main thing I get from this. He does not care whether or not Blacks likes him or likes the republican party. Whether he is a racist or just a jerk at this point I don't care. He is in the same trash can as Rosie O'donald as far as I'm concerned, until he makes some serious efforts to reach out and have an intelligent conversation with the Black Community. Now I call liberals on their bullshit all day, but I am not going to let this pass on the conservative side. I'm telling ya now, you can't defend this song, not to me.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
OK,

This is my last post until sunday, I'm going to the keys to enjoy my last couple days until i start my new job. And I'm oging to get jumped on for this but... so be it.

Did I suddenly take a nap for 25 years and the 1st amendment has been repealed? when did it become NOT OK to offend someone? I haven't heard the song, maybe it's out of context maybe it's not I don't know I don't listen to talk radio. I don't think IMUS should've been fired for what he said we have a right in this country to say what we want about who we want, granted there should be consequence for actions but losing job for calling someone a "nappy headed ho' shouldn't be a firable offense... HE'S A SHOCK JOCK FOR CHRIST SAKE!!!!

Ask yourself... do we want to start down that road of limiting free speech? We all ready have hate speech laws that are anti first amendment.... god forbid you offend a homosexual man. I haven't listened to Limbaugh in years, but so what he's always had funny tunes on there insulting liberals..... it's not a big deal he has a right to put out what he wants the same as imus... and i'm sorry that nappy headed fuck sharpton can suck on my left nut if he doesn't like it... i support his right to be an obnoxious black racist.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
Context, context, context

I think Rush is a dickwad, but like Akron said, these things need to be taken in context.

Rochester NY
Username hidden
(10343 posts)
If anybody hasn't heard this song.....it's one of the most racist songs that I have ever heard. It really sounds like something recorded in the 1950s. I first head this song on a hip hop morning show hear in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. It made me sick to my stomach. This guy is a real piece of shit, and I usually don't jump to conclusions, but this guy is a Racist asshole. Now the Radio host of the Hip Hop station, Ricky Smiley, used that as an opportunity to attack republicans, of course it doesn't take much for him to do that anyway. He loves Rosie O'donald, so I don't really give 2 shits what he thinks politically. But back to Rush Limbaugh. It was a song called "Barrack the magic Negro". This is 2007, is this kind of shit still around? Thoughts? Comments?

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   51 to 58 of 58 
TOPIC: Rush Limbaugh's Little Obama Song