Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Rush Limbaugh's Little Obama Song
TOPIC: Rush Limbaugh's Little Obama Song
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   41 to 50 of 58   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I did step back from the "Racism" charge and Now see it as opportunism. He saw an opportunity to get into the mainstream press and up stage O'donald. He saw an opportunity on the heels of IMUS to get into the news. I just don't think Rush is a good person or has good intentions. He has yet to prove other wise and his attacks on Minority Icons without trying to establish any credibility within Black Communities does leave him open to the charges of Racism. Even if he were making a parody of an Article criticizing Obama, he still knew how it would be received and that he was the wrong messenger to deliver this kind of parody. If I were to do a parody of an Asian politician based on an article written by an Asian critic of that politician, and I had no credibility with that Community, then I would be called a racist and cause that community to rally around their own. Minorities, whether religious, ethnic, racial, whatever, tend to rally around their own when outsiders attack. Now how many people can honestly say the Rush isn't an outsider when it comes to the Black Community. And By Black Community I mean communities across the country in general. Is my point really so hard to see here?

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
"Here's my point. He knows exactly how the media will react and that the criticism will bring ratings"......Joe, Rush does not do antics for ratings. Rush speaks from a princilpled stand point that is one of beliefs. It is clear from your post that you are not a listener. You are right though, he knew this was the backlash that he would get when he played this and that was exactly what he was going for......you see, you called him a racist when all he did was to repeat what was being said elsewhere in the liberal media. You are always quite level headed in your opinions however on this one, step back look at it again outside the prism of race and you will see it's true colors.

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
Here's my point. He knows exactly how the media will react and that the criticism will bring ratings. He knew that Blacks would see it as a racist attack and he was fine with it. If you think for a second that he was surprised by the reaction, then I don't know what to say. He could have made his point a thousand different ways, but he chose the cheap pop. Sorry but Rush is no better than O'donald or Stern, they just love the controversy.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
"Keep up the good work Rush!"....Ditto!!!!!!. Again what did Rush say about Mcnabb?.....That he was not good( an opinion he is entiled to) however the media said he was because they wanted a good black quarter back. The critisim is about the media not the the subject.Like it always has been. Tell me Dzzy do you listen to Rush and what is your opinion of him?

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
HaHaHa

"If he were irrelevant as so many libs here seem to think he is he would not get the negative coverage the leftist-lib-idiots bestow on him."

Hmmm guess it depends on who's ox is getting "Gored". All the people that the conservatives bitch about so much must fall into that same category. By that statement I can assume that Frankin, Moore, Gore, Pelosie etc must be much more relevant based on the negativity spouted by conservatives. Just sayin

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
It is not I nor is it this audience who are racists...

hmm, im guessin that there are indeed some racists in his audience..

i do also find it interesting that he always throws a lot of things under the umbrella of im making fun of the left and the media. li.e. the whole D. McNabb situation when he got fired/resigned when he said...his comments were directed at the media and were not racially motivated..

in reality i could not really care what he and others of his ilk say. i think his statments and positions (i.e. stem cell debate) generally harm the repubs more than help..

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Thats one way to kill a thread!!! LOL

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Rush is the best free public relations tool the liberals have in recent years.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
LOL

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
i heard rush's favorite song is a classic from marilyn manson..

"i dont like the drugs but the drugs like me"

:-)

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   41 to 50 of 58   End
TOPIC: Rush Limbaugh's Little Obama Song