Rush Limbaugh's Little Obama Song : Swingers Discussion 783011031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsRush Limbaugh's Little Obama Song
TOPIC: Rush Limbaugh's Little Obama Song
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   31 to 40 of 58   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Rush blew this out of the park AGAIN today!!!

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
"Rush has not galvanized the black vote for Obama. There are many black fans of Rush and even more black conservatives who recognize Obama as the liberal he is.

For you to assume the black vote is galvanized based soley on race is just plain wrong. Do you honestly think black voters simply vote based on skin color?"

Akron let's be real......How many black republicans do you actually know? And what percentage of Blacks in this country vote republican? The truth is that the Republicans have terrible public relations within many black neighborhoods. Allot of it can be attributed to the "Southern Strategy" which sought the vote of White Males during the 80s, I believe that started in the 80s I could be wrong. But the Republican party has not made strong efforts, except maybe during election season, to try gain more Black independents who may not follow party line within the Democratic party. Rush's indiscretion was just one example of how some conservatives have written off the Black vote. Would he like more Blacks to vote Republican? Sure, probably. But does he know how to address and connect with the Majority of Black voters? Somehow I get the feeling that the answer is no. Blacks overwhelming vote Democratic, that's just a proven fact. Although I would say very few Black Adults consider themselves "Liberals", they have learned to associate the word "Conservative" with "Racist", thanks in part to the Democratic party. But the Republicans are partially to blame for the perception as well. If you stay silent and don't define and defend your positions, then your opponent will define your positions for you. That is what the Republicans have allowed the Democrats to do based on the perception of most Blacks in this country concerning the policies of the GOP. We have a radio DJ down here named Ricky Smiley who is basically a Left wing mouth piece who calls Conservatives "Racists" almost every day. His station is the most popular Hip Hop stations in the DFW area. Where is the counter message coming from? I just don't think that the Republicans are very worried about changing that perception, I wish I was wrong.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
"Well,

As to Rush and the Mcnabb thing.... I personally think he was right about mcnabb... he's not that good of a quarterback, and I think he's going to be labled "fragile". Secondly... the eagles suck, everybody knows that the steelers are PA's football team. "

Well if he had said that McNabb wasn't that great of a QB and thaking credit for the games the Defense had won." then, yeah that would be ok (if one ignores the fact that ALL QBs take credit for wins where they really didn't factor in AND the blame for losses that they couldn't help. I mean look at the Colts last year, Manni9ng didn't really play that great in the playoffs or the SB.)

But Rush said something like "McNabb isn't that great and the only reason he gets the hype is because the media wants a Black QB to do well." Just a dumbass comment especially when you consider that the number one QB in the league when he said it was Steve McNair.

Cape Girardeau MO
Username hidden
(397 posts)
wrong......on both counts :-)

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Well,

As to Rush and the Mcnabb thing.... I personally think he was right about mcnabb... he's not that good of a quarterback, and I think he's going to be labled "fragile". Secondly... the eagles suck, everybody knows that the steelers are PA's football team.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
I don't see what Rush has to do with Fox news. Fox news slants to the right, Rush lives there. He's a business man and he caters to a diverse crowd of conservatives, that includes those with less than stellar race relations, to put it mildly. My biggest gripe is that guys like him do nothing to bring people together, people like him, sharpton, jackson, o'donald, Culter, and so on. Seem to thrive on pulling people apart. And I hate to see that from either side. So those who disagree about Rush and think that he's a "Good" person, well we will have to agree to disagree on this one. Obama can thank this guy BTW for galvanizing the Black vote for him. Maybe that was his intention all along, because Conservative would rather face him than Hillary. I think Obama is Vulnerable in a general election.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
u expect more from me, but it's very early in the morning :-)

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
i don't disagree that there is a liberal slant but to hear the drumbeats from the #1 radio show guy and btw, conserv/right wing radio absolutely crushes the left, and #1 tv news network gets tiresome, at least to me.

to further the point, i would submit that 90% of all persons of voted for bush the past two elections, roughly 50 million people give or take, in each election, have heard the liberal media spin argument and are aware of it and probably don't get their news from ABC, CBS, NBC and CNN. is it there, the media liberal slant, sure, will it always be, maybe in light of the history of the genre, is it such a big deal in 2007, i don't think so..

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
as for the mcnabb comments here they are:

"I don't think he's been that good from the get-go. I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. I think the media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. They're interested in black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well. I think there's a little hope invested in McNabb and he got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he really didn't deserve."

again, it is ez to cloak one's self in defense of im not a racist, im making fun of the media. im not saying he is or he isn't but continuing to use the MEDIA, ahhhhh, the media, as subtext of all your opinions, seems silly to me...

if he has the number one talk show and fox has the number one news show then i say it is time to drop the liberal media spin all the time..

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Rush does not do antics for ratings. Rush speaks from a princilpled stand point that is one of beliefs.

any talking head, whether it be left or right does just about everything for ratings.

i have listened to rush, albeit not often, and i just don't appreciate the pompus nature of his viewpoints.

he is not a repub he is a conservative, agreed but for these purposes those are the "same"

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   31 to 40 of 58   End
TOPIC: Rush Limbaugh's Little Obama Song