Rush Limbaugh's Little Obama Song : Swingers Discussion 783011021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsRush Limbaugh's Little Obama Song
TOPIC: Rush Limbaugh's Little Obama Song
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   21 to 30 of 58   End
User Details are only visible to members.
What does the republican party need to do to get the black vote? Show them that we will not use the black community for political gain. We will not patronize them as the dems do at every chance. We can lift them from poverty through hard work and a dream thet still lives in this nation. Just my opinion, It might just work.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Gary it's unfortunate but the reality is that many minorities still identify themselves and others by race. This something that may take generations to change, if it ever does. One gripe that the Black Community has with the republican party is it's inability to talk about issues regarding race. While some conservative feel perfectly comfortable talking about racial issues, others remain leery do to fear of being called a racist. It is a very interesting conundrum. On one hand many republicans don't tip toe around a person just because of their race, they say what they think regardless of skin color. On the other hand taking that attitude can cause a person to be label a racist, insensitive, or intolerant. It seems that both parties have very different interpretations of Dr. King's legacy. One side doesn't want to talk about racial distinctions while the other seems to want to talk about it to death. Common ground may be found over the course of time with future generations developing more honest and open relationships with other cultures. One can only hope.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
"So what does the republican party needs to do for the black vote tell them who they are and let the chips fall where they may."

Interesting... A few questions though.

Who are we?

Why does ANY political party get to tell us who we are?

Did the Republican Party get to tell you who you are?

And for your other post;

I consider myself an American (No hyphen) but I am Black... Am I still a "them"?

Cape Girardeau MO
Username hidden
(397 posts)
**** But Rush said something like "McNabb isn't that great and the only reason he gets the hype is because the media wants a Black QB to do well." Just a dumbass comment especially when you consider that the number one QB in the league when he said it was Steve McNair. ****

"Really???? Seems to me he was responding to all the hype about the fact that the rest of the sports media were all breathlessly raving about the numbers of black quarterbacks compared to the past but they were not doing well. Oh, I forgot, when you are a libtard, it's different. "

Well lets look at the comment itself.

"I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. ****The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well,''****

Limbaugh said. "There is a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn't deserve. The defense carried this team."

Now let's look at what I posted.

**** But Rush said something like "McNabb isn't that great and the only reason he gets the hype is because the media wants a Black QB to do well." Just a dumbass comment especially when you consider that the number one QB in the league when he said it was Steve McNair. ****

Ok, the top 3 QBs on Sept 30, 2003.

Player Team Att Comp Comp% Yds TD TD% McNair Ten. 111 77 69.4 820 8 7.2 Lg Int Int% Avg gain Rating 42 1 0.9 7.39 110.9

Manning Ind. 122 82 67.2 914 9 7.4 79 3 2.5 7.49 103.7

Plummer Den. 93 60 64.5 683 7 7.5 44 3 3.2 7.34 98.1

Now here we have a Black QB who is leading the NFL, yet Rush says

***The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well...*** then goes on to imply that this is the reason that McNabb is getting credit for what the defense had done.

Now I don't know about you, but in the NFL I watch, leading the QB Stats = doing well as a QB. He made a dumbass comment.

Now as for your tired attempt at an argument by trying to paint me as a "libtard", if you can prove I'm a "liberal" I'll donate $500.00 to the charity of your choice.

Cape Girardeau MO
Username hidden
(397 posts)
Furthermore if we were to get rid of this african american, hispanic american blue american, yellow american and this american and that american and address us ALL as AMERICAN then there will no more Obama the majic negro.

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
I really do not know about this reaching out thing. How do you reach out to a particular group you promise them something, do you put something in place that would make them come to you. Do you show them that you are care about them as a group, what do you do......Well the answer my friend is that you do not do anything more or less for them that you do to any other. Joe, you speak from the conviction of your beliefs. That is what it is, a belief, an ideology That is what conservatism is. It is a belief that guides you in your life. It guides your outlook on like and because of these beliefs you will vote for the person, party that best reflects those beliefs( I think a lot of RINO's forget that). As diverse as we are ( conservatives) we tend to think alike on a wide range of topics. I have never met...Perfect,Akron, Poly,Jack, Lucky, Sens,.38 and of late Scott however I know exactly what their points are on any given subject in the political forum. That is because their outlook on a given subject is the same as mine. You either believe or you don't. So what does the republican party needs to do for the black vote tell them who they are and let the chips fall where they may.

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
joe, my point was, in one of your posts you said 'how many black republicans do you know" I know 5.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
" I guess to be a real black man you have to be poor."...you could be a majic negro!!!

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
scotty being black has nothing to do with your income, you are born black period. There is nothing you can do to diminish what you are, unless you do a Micheal Jackson thing. I think you guys are kind of going around the point I made. Most Blacks vote democrat. Now you can blame the Left wing media, the democrats, but you also have to give some of the blame to the Republican party as well. Those who are too timid to face the natural skepticism of a community that they have been alienated from, have no right to complain about the other side getting that community's support. There has to be a real "Grass Roots" effort to make their ideas and positions clear to African Americans, it would be hard work but it's the only way to turn 10 percent into 20 or 30. No one has addressed why the Republican party has failed at getting their message out to this particular community.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Joe,

I work with 5 republican/americans that happen to have black heritage. I also work with 7 other americans that have european decent. Of course we're all stockbrokers, all highly educated and working hard on being highly sucessful. But the 5 of my coworkers that happen to be black and make over 300k a year have all been referred to "uncle toms" in my presence by other black americans. I guess to be a real black man you have to be poor.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   21 to 30 of 58   End
TOPIC: Rush Limbaugh's Little Obama Song