Rumor has it the injured in Boston were manhandled by Union thugs after the bombings : Swingers Discussion 2203901031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsRumor has it the injured in Boston were manhandled by Union thugs after the bombings
TOPIC: Rumor has it the injured in Boston were manhandled by Union thugs after the bombings
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   31 to 40 of 62   End
User Details are only visible to members.
GFandME ...you know a lot of people in the 39.6%, 33% or even 28% tax bracket who would like to trade their lives for the easy breezy care free life of the working poor where they always know they have a safety net? I sure don't

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
Gf:

Sadly until I have skills which are useful for the long term, leaving isn't possible. The only thing leaving without skills accomplishes is becoming another employers bitch... Nothing else.

Once I gain useable skills which can provide me with employment for life, I will leave and I will laugh as hazleton continues to crumble. But only once I have skills which do not have me one injury away from the unemployment line... Such as the construction trades are such unacceptable fields.

Moving to where the wages are better will always mean the minimum cost of living rises... Which in turn mean that the real benefits aren't the higher wages are lost. This is why people punch out baby after baby... Or at the least they did, not so much any more as the Clinton's cut off half of welfare for any child after the second and limited the length you can collect.

Granted becaise we have a nation with unemployment numbers at or near to 8%. I think the entire system needs to be remade. The unemployed provided "basics" this means stalinistic living, shared bathrooms, kitchens or cafeteria style kitchens where by they are given two meals a day.

Any man/woman working full time ought be paid a wage which allows for the growth of that person. (if single/no kids, then able to go to college) (if married/kids, then able to provide with their wage three meals a day, the first two years of college edication/trade school, medical,... A future.)

Contrary to popular belief, I do not think someone without formal edication ought have the newest cars, big house with a white picked fence... But if you work 40 plus hours, you ought not live in fear of watching your children/wife or yourself die due to no medical, starve or go hungry because they have no food or not enough food, or be illiterate because they couldn't attend college.

You will notice I a big on college, why? Because an associates degree is the new high school deploma. It provides you near poverty wages... But your wages are above the level that qualifies for assesstance from the government and thus you provide for the welfare of your countrymen.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7450 posts)
PP, the people without the brains to save or do things to keep them from sinking will always have the govt to fall back on. they have no worries.

Robert, I know hazleton very well, have many customers there, have a very good friend who lives there. You are hanging around the wrong people. You are right though about the wages in your area, they are pathetic. If you cant make it work living there, move to an area that you can.

Allentown PA
Username hidden
(1250 posts)
Party:

That is because you live in a different class of people, most of whom were raised to or learned to conducted business, not work until they became old enough to retire.... And then die two years later.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7450 posts)
Robert...based on that definition..again, most people I know have at least some financial plan for their future and or retirement, even if it is just the equity in their home

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
Party:

middle class-

Someone paid enough to own a home, two cars and put at the least two kids through their first two years of a community college.

Someone who's job pays medical benefits.

Most anyone may have a 401k... But over 75% of the jobs here in Hazleton require you to have so much of it invested into the company you work for.... So really you don't have a 401k as you must retain employment for 10 years before the companies investments become your own and you can leave that company with your investments.

Worst yet, said company can "reinvest" said investments into the company... to improve the worth of the company.

Said reinvestment can and often do take the form of a company vehicle that the employer decides to use for their own personal uses... ect... When the company is sold, the employer doesn't have to pay anything to the employees, they cut and run.

Truly, Hazleton is a... capitalist playground with how fucked up local laws are. In fact if you are from out of the area and buy/build a business here, you are except from taxation (local level) for ten years and then need only sell said business. (business flipping.)

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7450 posts)
Robert...WOW...and they say I am the elitist? LOL You make me look like Father Flannagan Methinks there may be a regional and cultural disconnect in our definitions of "middle class" Virtually every "middle class" person I know has a 401K, an IRA, whole life annuities, or all 3.

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
Party:

"Even if they are lower middle class, a person can make a deposit in each of the 52 weeks of the year, and match the dollar amount with number of the week, (1-52) and save over $1100 a year before interest and never make a deposit of more than $52 (do the math if you don't believe me)"

This is what a business minded person does, not a middle class working man. Such working men don't know how to do anything but work hard... and buy for the immediacy, because they know their job can kill them tomorrow... Because "that just comes with the job."

This twisted mind set is the same mind set that sends strong nations onto the road of self destruction.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7450 posts)
All due respect Robert..I think you are talking about the "slightly below average working man"

Even if they are lower middle class, a person can make a deposit in each of the 52 weeks of the year, and match the dollar amount with number of the week, (1-52) and save over $1100 a year before interest and never make a deposit of more than $52 (do the math if you don't believe me)

When you get into the working poor however, or those on assistance who we in our stupidity prohibit from saving, you are right, it becomes problematic.

There are also those who would rather have a $4000 gun collection, give 10% of their income to snake handing con artist ministers, and drive a 2001 F-100 which gets 11 MPG than plan for their financial futures, and will suck the same government teet in retirement they complain others do now...so there's that

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
Party:

You also aren't the average person. You have a mind for business and numbers, a trait which allows you to run a business. The average person neither possesses this trait or cares to develop it and to demand that they do so is as pointless as beating a child into submission and making them do something.

they will not be any good at the job and they will resent you for it.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7450 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   31 to 40 of 62   End
TOPIC: Rumor has it the injured in Boston were manhandled by Union thugs after the bombings