Ricin-laced letter sent to Mississippi Sen Roger Wicker : Swingers Discussion 220443
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsRicin-laced letter sent to Mississippi Sen Roger Wicker
TOPIC: Ricin-laced letter sent to Mississippi Sen Roger Wicker
Created by: vacpl4fun1962
Original Starting post for this thread:
Federal officials on Tuesday discovered a poison-laced letter sent to a Sen. Roger Wicker (R-Miss.), uncovering the material at an off-site location where congressional mail has been screened since anthrax-laced letters were sent to Capitol Hill in 2001.

Senate Majority Leader Harry M. Reid (D-Nev.) and other senators exiting an FBI briefing on the Boston attacks, told reporters that the letter was tested at the facility and came up positive for ricin. Officials gave no indication why the letter was sent to Wicker, a low-profile senator in his second term.

Senate Sergeant at Arms Terrance Gainer informed senators the letter was discovered Tuesday morning, Sen. Dick Durbin told reporters.

After the envelope tested positive in a first routine test, it was retested two more times, each time coming up positive, a law enforcement source told CNN.

Ricin, a toxin found in castor beans, is poisonous if inhaled, injected or ingested, according to the National Counterterrorism Center. Treatment is available, but long-term organ damage for those exposed is likely.

Eleven years ago, anthrax spores delivered in letters killed five people, injured 17 and changed how the U.S. Postal Service and other institutions think about mail safety.

The Postal Service now relies on both human checks and machine screenings to track suspicious mail, it says. With tens of thousands of postal facilities to protect, the U.S. Postal Inspection Service has responded to more than 52,000 calls about suspicious mail since 2001, it said, and inspectors respond to about 10 calls daily. Most, they said, are false alarms.

Shift supervisors receive regular updates on evolving threats, and postal inspectors practice regularly with local law enforcement agencies in anticipation of an attack.

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 15   End
User Details are only visible to members.
This should end any and all desperate attempts of denial...his spiritual mentor

Andrew Wommack Andrew Wommack is an American conservative Evangelical Christian TV evangelist, a Charismatic Word of Faith teacher and faith healer, as well as the founder of Andrew Wommack Ministries in 1978 and Charis Bible College in 1994.

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3841 posts)
w ww.facebook.c om/photo.php?fbid=363320307106859&set=a.102489376523288.2712.100002866779971&type=1&theater

From his facebook page.

Raleigh NC
Username hidden
(19104 posts)
Paul Kevin Curtis of Tupelo, Miss. NOT Alkali Sad Muhammad from Saudi Arabia? Gee..I wonder what his political leanings are, and what organizations he belongs to? Big Mystery huh? Just goes to show you, anytime you hear about a Red state hick with 3 names, nothing good happens

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3841 posts)
The letters both contained the phrase...."I'm KC and I approved this message"

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3841 posts)
Ya OK true.

This is a little irritating that they aren't sharing the info. Of course, they don't want to impair the investigation, but I wanna know!

The AP is reporting that police have confirmed they have numerous photos of their suspect and need to ID him. Well, dammit! Can I see a picture!?!

Raleigh NC
Username hidden
(19104 posts)
It takes about a week for me to get a package from the west coast. For me the packages move faster than the mail.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
VA it would depend on where it was mailed from, and since it was possibly suspicious it may have been held for a couple days for testing.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
Has anything been revealed as to the content of the letters?

Isn't a mailing date of April 8 a little slow for an April 16-17 delivery? I guess it's more like an April 11 delivery, and several days sitting in the processing centers where they handle Congressional/Presidential mail....

Raleigh NC
Username hidden
(19104 posts)
He is one of 16 republicans who voted for cloture on the gun control bill, and the President got one as well withy the same message attached So.....let the simpleton denial that this we the work of white, right, christian Republican NRA members begin !

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3841 posts)
Yea they said both were mailed April 8th from the same post mark.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 15   End
TOPIC: Ricin-laced letter sent to Mississippi Sen Roger Wicker