Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Republicas Sign
TOPIC: Republicas Sign
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   61 to 70 of 82   End
User Details are only visible to members.
What in the world makes you think marriage is ONLY a religious act? There are a million religious act that Gov't says nothing on.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17462 posts)
Government has no business regulating a religious act, it is not constitutional. Whether it is state, local, or federal. Laws against gay marriage are unconstitutional. And I am sure the SCOTUS will rule so, no matter how pissed off it makes you.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
"The fact is the institution guarantees freedom of religion, and marriage is a religious contract. "

What?

You're free to practice any religion, it doesn't mean the state has to validate any ceremony your religion performs

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17462 posts)
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people. "

EXACTLY, which implies that not ALL powers are delegated to the Federal Gov't

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17462 posts)
I am not giving rights to the federal government I am giving rights to the people that no government has a right to interfere. I for limited state and local government as well.

The fact is the constitution guarantees freedom of religion, and marriage is a religious contract.

There is no way around it.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
It's similar to the 'right' to vote, in that there isn't any. The Constitution only says who is not to be excluded. A state could pass a law that 16 year olds can vote.

I can't believe we have Conservatives trying to find things in the Constitution that simply aren't there.

And you wonder why we have reached the point of such an overbearing Federal Gov't. The Federal Gov't and the Constitution were constructed to manage every aspect of life. If it's that important now, CHANGE the fucking Constitution by the proper means.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17462 posts)
No there is not, but the states still must recognize the BOR, and the BOR contains the 1st amendment. Unless marriage is recognized solely as a social contract, and not a religious contract then the states do not have the right to regulate it, only record. As a religious act the states cannot outlaw gay marriage, it is unconstitutional to do so. The states, counties, municipalities should charge fees to record contracts and that is it. This matter should have been addressed and corrected a long time ago. There is no reason that more than two people should not be able to have a religious contract, bigamy as well as gay marriage bans are unconstitutional.

Unless you believe religion is not a part of marriage.

This goes further than gay marriage, this goes to privacy in our lives to decide for ourselves without government interference. This could be applied to many aspects including the right to self defense.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
There is no Federal Marriage License.

End of Story.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17462 posts)
Any gay person can get married..........to a member of the opposite sex. They can live and have sex with members of the same sex

The Constitution doesn't define marriage. That is left to the states. Only 9 states have legalized Gay marriage. I think about 30 have protected man-woman marriage.

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17462 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   61 to 70 of 82   End
TOPIC: Republicas Sign