Republican Senators rejected a United Nations treaty : Swingers Discussion 2130651031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsRepublican Senators rejected a United Nations treaty
TOPIC: Republican Senators rejected a United Nations treaty
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   31 to 40 of 46   End
User Details are only visible to members.
And what enforcement mechanism does the UN have should we disagree on applicability and some unspecified court finds in the UN's favor?

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17349 posts)
Wrong, had the US signed up to the treaty, the only time UN law would not override US law, if the US law is more protective of the rights of those with disabilities. But this of course, is something you would know only if you read the treaty.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16378 posts)
Do you by ANY crazy chance know what the treaty says about the tax payers who will be responsible to fund countries that can not afford it themselves when it comes to rolling out the necessary changes in an effort to protect and treat the disabled equally?

If so, can you kindly share.

Thank you.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16378 posts)
Sedu

Geuss what? The US supreme court has filled that only the US government can make a law governing the US.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7270 posts)
Forgive me, I meant the treaty.

Can you explain how the article below translates to your claim that "This treaty has no impact on US ..":

"Nothing in the present Convention shall affect any provisions which are more conducive to the realization of the rights of persons with disabilities and which may be contained in the law of a State Party or international law in force for that State. There shall be no restriction upon or derogation from any of the human rights and fundamental freedoms recognized or existing in any State Party to the present Convention pursuant to law, conventions, regulation or custom on the pretext that the present Convention does not recognize such rights or freedoms or that it recognizes them to a lesser extent."

It appears from here that its whichever one recognizes rights of disability to a greater extent is the trump card based on this quote? Perhaps I'm not understanding something, who knows.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16378 posts)
Sardukar,

Have you actually read the bill?

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16378 posts)
Lamb skin sux...it slips off..

New York NY
Username hidden
(317 posts)
We still have sheep skin condoms.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7270 posts)
It was not only lack of contraception..actually there were ways to do it . The real reason was the extremely high child mortality rates. That's why people had to have a lot of kids so at least few survive..not an issue any more.

FYI: one of the first condoms were made from bladders Romans did it 950 BC :-)

New York NY
Username hidden
(317 posts)
All of this while they want to prevent funding contraception, scientific advancements paid by the tax payers in contraception and artifical womb tech.

If these people truely cared about the unborn, they would be dump trucks filled with cash for artifical womb tech and other research which prevents pregnancy.

The main reason women had so many children 100 years ago was that there wasn't any contraception... NOT that they kept their legs closed.

You would also think that feminist would support artifical womb tech and science which would free women from having to choose between continue with a pregnancy or killing their unborn.

The only answer that can be created for the hypicoracy is control. Economic, political and environmental control over everyone.

The more in poverty, the. It's desperate they become for jobs.

This is why my employer is pushing a contract which takes our right to hold the clients accountable for injuries we sustain on the job and their property. My employer wants desperate, low educated employees.... He can have them. I won't quit either, he'll have to fire me.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7270 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   31 to 40 of 46   End
TOPIC: Republican Senators rejected a United Nations treaty