Republican Senators rejected a United Nations treaty : Swingers Discussion 213065
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsRepublican Senators rejected a United Nations treaty
TOPIC: Republican Senators rejected a United Nations treaty
Created by: sardukar
Original Starting post for this thread:
The world is laughing at us...Introducing 38 Republican U.S. Senators (no Democrat voted against ratification) who looked at their former leader, Senator Bob Dole, now retired, 89-years old, and in a wheelchair, and voted against the disabled.

Alexander (R-TN)Blunt (R-MO)Boozman (R-AR)Burr (R-NC)Chambliss (R-GA Coats (R-IN)Coburn (R-OK)Cochran (R-MS)Corker (R-TN)Cornyn (R-TX)Crapo (R-ID)DeMint (R-SC)Enzi (R-WY)Graham (R-SC)Grassley (R-IA)Hatch (R-UT) Heller (R-NV)Hoeven (R-ND)Hutchison (R-TX)Inhofe (R-OK)Isakson (R-GA) Johanns (R-NE)Johnson (R-WI)Kyl (R-AZ)Lee (R-UT)McConnell (R-KY) Moran (R-KS)Paul (R-KY)Portman (R-OH)Risch (R-ID)Roberts (R-KS)Rubio (R-FL)Sessions (R-AL)Shelby (R-AL)Thune (R-SD)Toomey (R-PA)Vitter (R-LA)Wicker (R-MS)

Enjoy...

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
 1 to 10 of 46   End
User Details are only visible to members.
".. I think there are more elected officials on the right that have some pretty strange ideas... "

Gee, ya think? Of course, there are also polls that show some seriously unevolved prevailing views among the general public, as well.

Evolution = Progress = progressive views.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
"The left goes out of its way to paint the right as paranoid, not intelligent, violent etc... It appears that such descriptions apply quite aptly to the left."

There are people on the right that fit your description, and there are people on the left that also fit your description.

I think there are probably more on the right, you think there are more on the left.

Which means they are probably pretty even...

What I will say is that I think there are more elected officials on the right that have some pretty strange ideas...

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
Come again?

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16535 posts)
I'm confused. This is just a guess but I think people just object to the UN doing anything and they don't want the US to agree with anything they do because they don't want us to give it any legitimacy.

Raleigh NC
Username hidden
(82 posts)
This treaty would send the wrong message to the world. People who aren't as advanced as we are might think we are in agreement and no better than everyone else. We certainly don't want to appear agreeable or cooperative.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
If you want me to respond to you, Bobby. You will read the treaty. I will not waste my time on someone who is proud to put his ignorance on display.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16535 posts)
Sedu:

"What I do not support is America signing the UN treaty on persons with disability."

And why exactly do you not support our signing it, when our laws already cover it and no UN treaty supersedes even a local neighborhood watch or private trailer pack laws?

Law School Case Briefs

"Example of application of Reid: If the United States entered into a treaty in which it agreed that abortion was illegal, and Congress attempted to write implementing legislation for that treaty, that implementing legislation would be invalid because it violates the Constitution (Roe v. Wade)"

ht tp://ww w.lawschoolcasebriefs.n et/2012/01/reid-v-covert-case-brief.ht ml

U.S. Supreme Court Reid v. Covert, 354 U.S. 1 (1957) 354 U.S. 1

ht tp://ww w.constitution.o rg/ussc/354-001a.h tm

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7484 posts)
okey dokey

W Bloomfield MI
Username hidden
(509 posts)
What I do not support is America signing the UN treaty on persons with disability. I said nothing about disagreeing with an established law in the US.

Like I said, it is you who is confused, not I.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16535 posts)
gandj's post:

I must be missing something because I have read the whole thing and I don't see what the concern is. www2 ohchr org / english/law/disabilities-convention.htm The US already does all of this, our laws provided the basis for this agreement, we in effect don't even have to do anything except continue to be the example by which other countries should strive for. Isn't this what Reagan talked about when he said we are a "Shining city on a hill"?

To which you said "spot on" when you have made it clear you do not support this treaty

W Bloomfield MI
Username hidden
(509 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
 1 to 10 of 46   End
TOPIC: Republican Senators rejected a United Nations treaty