Republican Debate : Swingers Discussion 80490
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsRepublican Debate
TOPIC: Republican Debate
Created by: Lucky2haveU
Original Starting post for this thread:
OK to all who watched the debate its your turn to debate. Things on the forums lately have been pretty good with a few exceptions. OK lets debate. Oh and any Liberals or moderate Dems who watched thank you!!! Tancrato is TOAST!!!
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 12   End
User Details are only visible to members.
St Pete,

I stand corrected on Thompson, it was Duncan Hunter. Again....I should of had a V8 - lol.

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Zero What a puss. obviously did not watch the debate. Trancrado was literally torn to peices on Immigration. Mcain looked and sounded better but sorry none of them touch current dems.

Saint Louis MO

Username hidden
(12439 posts)
Sen

you said:

"Tommy Thompson pointed out that his son voluntarily joined the Army and has served a tour, Special Operations, in Iraq and is now on a tour in Afghanistan."

Not to be argumentative but you got the wrong guy. It was Rep. Duncan Hunter which volunteered that statement. I did get curious about the number of Congressmen/Senators who have or had children serviing. The quick find was from the Naples Daily News (but from 2003):

"The small group of lawmakers who've announced or confirmed that their kids are now serving includes Johnson, Kline and Republican Reps. Todd Akin of Missouri, Duncan Hunter of California, Marilyn Musgrave of Colorado, Ed Schrock of Virginia and Joe Wilson of South Carolina."

Notice first how few and then no Thompson. What Thompson made clear was that he was the Thompson running for president not acting. lol

St Petersburg FL

Username hidden
(989 posts)
KArl Rove .....gotta love that guy!!!!!

Miramar FL

Username hidden
(2075 posts)
....I should of had a V8!

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
"somewhat believe in the right to choose?" ----------------------------------------------------- Your right Dzzy. That was a bad choice of words on my part - lol.

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
want,

I've voted on absentee ballots since i was 18. I think only once have I ever been in town for an actual election. I'm legally a PA resident I just live in florida most of the year and its to damn cold to go to PA in NOV>

Lake Worth FL

Username hidden
(7207 posts)
all the candidates on both sides are morons. Is there a NONE OF THE ABOVE block to check?

Zing i guess you never heard of the democrats handing out cigarettes to homeless people to get them to vote in chicago.

I'll have to give rove credit, if what zingzit says is true (doubt it) but that's creative as hell.......

Lake Worth FL

Username hidden
(7207 posts)
how can you "somewhat believe in the right to choose?"

it seems the current crop of candidates were not afraid to take some shots at the president which is not surprising giving the approval numbers but still a little surprising.

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(5326 posts)
I am still not thrilled with any of the Republican candidates. However, I thought the front runners Guiliani, McCain, and Romney, all had their positive moments.

Paul is nuts and has no chance. Tancredo has no charisma and just does not come across as someone you trust to lead.

Huckabee made many good points on immigration and national security. Imo, he hit the nail on the head when he said it made no sense to have borders that allow unknown and unchecked people to flow into the U.S., yet U.S. citizens and legal immigrants have to show I.D.'s and passports in airports etc, just to move around the country.

At the end I thought Guiliani was correct that from a legal precedent and prosecutorial position he would consider pardoning Scooter Libby. Guiliani stated he would wait and let the appeals court do their job, but felt if the appeals court did not reduce or overturn the sentence he would pardon. He rightfully mentioned that the sentence needed to fit the crime and past precedents. The example he used was President Clinton was convicted of similar charges but never went to prison or jail. Clinton lost his license to practice law.

I also was surprised but I thought it was good that Tommy Thompson corrected the panel that no politician in Congress seems to ask their Children to serve in Iraq. Tommy Thompson pointed out that his son voluntarily joined the Army and has served a tour, Special Operations, in Iraq and is now on a tour in Afghanistan. It was good to hear a politician who says they support our troops actually have one on the front lines. I was unaware of that.

After the debate I watched an interview with Fred Thompson. He seems closer to my views then any of the current candidates. He pointed out that Iraq can not be viewed in a "fish bowl" and it's ties with terrorism both regionally and politically go back over decades. He addressed his position on abortion. He does somewhat believe in a woman's right to choose, but only in the first three months and only if a state permits it. He believes this is a state's issue and that Roe v Wade was an incorrect decision. He also spoke on the Libby and Clinton comparison. He stated that he voted to convict Clinton of lying, but not to impeach him stating the Constitution and past precedence reflect that Clinton's lies did not rise to the level of impeachment. Again, I concur with his legal interpretation.

Overall, it is still too early to make a decision and all the candidates still leave me skeptical.

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 12   End
TOPIC: Republican Debate