Remember Fukushima : Swingers Discussion 2099711011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsRemember Fukushima
TOPIC: Remember Fukushima
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   11 to 20 of 45   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I didn't know they were MOX (what you posted didn't mention it), but that doesn't change the basic nature of how criticalities occur.

So, anyway, ask your professor friend. I attempted to have a serious conversation here, but it seems your long vacation from the fora has not mellowed you out at all. Get a grip on yourself.

As for "open air criticalities" - I mentioned two below involving the "Demon Core", as it became known.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17659 posts)
Care to cite ANY experience with 'open air' critcalities? Anywhere? From anyone?

Read up on MOX va, then get back to me....

East Fishkill NY

Username hidden
(2788 posts)
No, but when we started talking politics he wondered why so many of the very wealthy in this country are buying large tracts of land in South America....above one of the largest aquifers in the world....

Really va. A lot of very smart people are very very worried about this and TEPCO's ability to remediate it. It's so bad the us is in talks with the Russians (with all their experience with Chernobyl). Yes, the same Russians that poked us in the eye with Snowden.

East Fishkill NY

Username hidden
(2788 posts)
I really only took issue with two statements, both of which indicated the author's lack of understanding of what a critcality accident is and why the statements that they "cannot be stopped" are inaccurate. Many criticality accidents have been stopped, including two with the same plutonium core - the core survived both accidents (although the two people involved in the accidents did not) and was used later in a bomb for the Able shot.

Everything else you wrote in your last refutation there was ridiculous. I didn't recite any "talking points". I never said anything along the lines of "bullshit, you're a moron". I never under any circumstances stated that this was anything short of a very serious situation.

Your professor friend will agree that those two statements I took issue with are not accurate. I am confident in it.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17659 posts)
Oh, and you know that these assemblies are MOX right? Might want to research the criticality of MOX assemblies too....

East Fishkill NY

Username hidden
(2788 posts)
Va do me a favor. Actually read the material and rebut if you can, with citations.

I consider you a very smart person but I get the feeling you are falling for the conservative trap of denying real information with righty talking points. Citations? Competing theories? Why will it be so 'simple' to remove these assemblies from a 5th story fuel pool that they can barley even keep water in? With no crane. And no computerized guidance?

Again, read the material before you spout off about something you know more than most but less than you need to about this to comment on intelligently.

East Fishkill NY

Username hidden
(2788 posts)
" You need to come up with more than the typical conservative "bullshit, you are a moron" statement to hold any water at all. "

What prompted that??

Jesus... I'm sorry you had such a shitty weekend.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17659 posts)
I didn't dispute EVERYTHING in there... just a couple of ultra-dramatic points. Your statement that I was being a shill for anyone is ridiculous. Of course it's a serious situation. But that doesn't justify making over the top statements like the ones I pointed out, which were about mishandled fuel rods, not a building collapse.

Did your professor friend see what I wrote?

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17659 posts)
You mean like if a fuel rod assembly became exposed to the air and causes the zirconium casings to burn? Or if the entire building failed and fell?

You do realize that these are serious threats don't you? Just because you are a cheerleader for nuke energy you ignore plain facts?

Again, citations please. I would tend to trust a professor of nuclear chemistry over you, and with no citations your statements are simply not credible....

East Fishkill NY

Username hidden
(2788 posts)
"Moving damaged nuclear fuel under such complex conditions could result in a criticality if the rods come into close proximity to one another, which would then set off a chain reaction that cannot be stopped."

Criticality accidents have happened before and, while they are certainly a serious situation, it is not accurate to say "they cannot be stopped".

"a mishandled rod may go critical, resulting in an above-ground meltdown releasing radioactive fallout with no way to stop it"

While a situation in which a meltdown of the stored fuel rods is technically possible, one would have to just about do it on purpose. Rods don't just "go critical" from being mishandled - they're not blasting caps. In order to achieve a "meltdown" one would have to stack a number of rods on top of one another in a pyramid-like pattern i.e. several consecutive dumb actions.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17659 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   11 to 20 of 45   End
TOPIC: Remember Fukushima