Reasons why people don't vote - it needs to be dumbed down : Swingers Discussion 211314
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsReasons why people don't vote - it needs to be dumbed down
TOPIC: Reasons why people don't vote - it needs to be dumbed down
Created by: vabeachcouple33
Original Starting post for this thread:
A collection of explanations of why people won't be voting. My favorite is the first one.

Tabitha Brown, 29, of Oregon, says she won't vote because she finds her ballot too confusing. “I’m just a simple girl," she said. "Dumb it down for us.”

In Buffalo, N.Y., Ryan King, 19, said he won't vote because he doesn't know if he's registered.

Further south in the Bronx, Lala, a woman who is staying at a shelter, isn't voting because she thought she needed a state ID, which she can’t afford.

Breeanne Findley, 32, of Moline, Ill., is also fed up with Obama and Romney. She and her husband have five children between the two of them; she is a stay-at-home mom and is devoutly Pentecostal. “I kept going back and forth, I looked online at who else was running for president – the Green Party and some other independent groups – but I didn’t like those guys either,” Findley said.

In Parrish, Fla., Heather Felton, 37, said she found herself lost in the political middle. She is Catholic, opposed to abortion, but also opposed to the death penalty and in favor of gun control. She has nuanced views about immigration. “I posted to my Facebook page, ‘Who should I vote for? Give me a good moral reason,'” she said. “But people aren’t giving me a good moral reason. They’re presenting negative inflammatory language.”

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 3 of 3 
User Details are only visible to members.
"Tabitha Brown, 29, of Oregon, says she won't vote because she finds her ballot too confusing. “I’m just a simple girl," she said. "Dumb it down for us.”

There are those who cannot read. My question to her would be did she even graduate Jr. High?

"In Buffalo, N.Y., Ryan King, 19, said he won't vote because he doesn't know if he's registered."

Simple minded people do not think to go out and make sure that they are registered. Others hear of the purges and do not have time 6AM-6PM Sunday-Saturday to become registered. They have to work long hours, multiiple jobs, take care of their kids, ect... Their bosses refuse to give them time off to get registered. (my boss did this to me. If I refused to put down the reason for requesting off, the request is denied.)

"Further south in the Bronx, Lala, a woman who is staying at a shelter, isn't voting because she thought she needed a state ID, which she can’t afford."

Many do think that they need a state ID anymore. This is the kind of mis-information that the republicans have created with their childish actions of enacting ID laws without a six to ten year wait period to ensure that everyone has the ID.

More over when everything in this nation is something that you must pay for, you do not expect something for free. More so when you must pay for ID's to begin with... No one of sound mind would expect to be given a state ID just to vote.

This is the problem when you beat people down, when you keep them in the mud and demand that they rise themselves out of it... 9/10 of people simply won't try because they don't see an obtainable reward.

"Breeanne Findley, 32, of Moline, Ill., is also fed up with Obama and Romney. She and her husband have five children between the two of them; she is a stay-at-home mom and is devoutly Pentecostal. “I kept going back and forth, I looked online at who else was running for president – the Green Party and some other independent groups – but I didn’t like those guys either,” Findley said."

Some people are unable to look at the problem from multiple angles. If you can't find someone you like the most, find someone you like the least and remove them until only one option is remaining.

"In Parrish, Fla., Heather Felton, 37, said she found herself lost in the political middle. She is Catholic, opposed to abortion, but also opposed to the death penalty and in favor of gun control. She has nuanced views about immigration. “I posted to my Facebook page, ‘Who should I vote for? Give me a good moral reason,'” she said. “But people aren’t giving me a good moral reason. They’re presenting negative inflammatory language.”"

The plight of the religious right. I have no sympathy for them. While I can understand their views... sitting on your ass because of the views will only aid the least moral candidate. More over, if you don't like abortion, then ask yourself, which one is trying to make it obsoleet through reducing the need for it? That isn't Romney and the right with their banning of contraception (preventive measures).

If you don't like immigration, then ask yourself. How did you get here?

If you don't like the death penalty, then ask yourself. Who is reducing the number of death penalties being handed down?

If you don't like weapons being in the hands of the public... then you need to ask who enacts more gun control laws?

I guess that I am not a dumbed down voter? :-)

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7251 posts)
I find it fascinating that you and I posted new topics on essentially the same exact subject within minutes of each other...

Understand that THIS has been the focus of the Obama ground game from the beginning.

Knocking on doors, some repeatedly, and developing personal relationships with voters like these.

It's WHY Obama has nearly 10x more local campaign offices than Romney does. It will be fascinating to see if this makes the difference this time. The campaign certainly thinks it will or Axe would not have bet his 'stash... ;)

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3492 posts)
A collection of explanations of why people won't be voting. My favorite is the first one.

Tabitha Brown, 29, of Oregon, says she won't vote because she finds her ballot too confusing. “I’m just a simple girl," she said. "Dumb it down for us.”

In Buffalo, N.Y., Ryan King, 19, said he won't vote because he doesn't know if he's registered.

Further south in the Bronx, Lala, a woman who is staying at a shelter, isn't voting because she thought she needed a state ID, which she can’t afford.

Breeanne Findley, 32, of Moline, Ill., is also fed up with Obama and Romney. She and her husband have five children between the two of them; she is a stay-at-home mom and is devoutly Pentecostal. “I kept going back and forth, I looked online at who else was running for president – the Green Party and some other independent groups – but I didn’t like those guys either,” Findley said.

In Parrish, Fla., Heather Felton, 37, said she found herself lost in the political middle. She is Catholic, opposed to abortion, but also opposed to the death penalty and in favor of gun control. She has nuanced views about immigration. “I posted to my Facebook page, ‘Who should I vote for? Give me a good moral reason,'” she said. “But people aren’t giving me a good moral reason. They’re presenting negative inflammatory language.”

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18793 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 3 of 3 
TOPIC: Reasons why people don't vote - it needs to be dumbed down