Protestor charged with making terroristic threats : Swingers Discussion 2166541021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsProtestor charged with making terroristic threats
TOPIC: Protestor charged with making terroristic threats
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   21 to 24 of 24 
User Details are only visible to members.
So, um, this story is like 6 months old. Did a quick check to see what the outcome was, but didn't turn anything up. He's definitely an idiot, but I don't think he was making terrorist threats.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3203 posts)
I couldn't get your link to work. Here's an alternate:

w ww.lehighvalleylive.c om/easton/index.ssf/2012/08/felony_charges_against_easton.h tml

Actually the primary charge is the felony of attempted bank robbery.

I notice you didn't mention that this wasn't someone on the sidewalk. He walked IN to the banks (i.e. more than one bank) and refused to leave. This is most certainly trespassing.

While I think the charge of "terrorist threats" is silly, to the staff and customers inside, what's the difference between a sign that says "You're being robbed" and "This is a robbery"? I can guarantee you a sign that says "You're being robbed" will get you similar "attention" in a bank anywhere in the world. This isn't some hippie playing a bongo on the sidewalk being beaten by "the man".

While robbing the bank wasn't his intent, it would be idiotic to think such a thing wouldn't cause trouble. Making threats? Maybe, since a threat doesn't necessarily have to be your intention, it only need be reasonably interpreted as such. Terrorist? Uh, no.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19885 posts)
Lol, some protesters are simply foolish. Banks aren't what you play with... Even if they can play with the nations very existance.

Not much else can be said. You can't go around threatening a robbery with signs. You are taught this from the earliest years of childhood.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7589 posts)
lehighvalleylive.co m/easton/index.ssf/2012/0/district_attorney_john_morgane.html

"Easton police received a 911 call Monday morning from the Wells Fargo Bank in the first block of South Third Street about a man holding a sign with the words gun, bank and robbery, according to authorities. ..

"Along with the sign reading, "You're being robbed", he also carried a sign that said, "Give a man a gun, he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, he can rob a country," authorities said."

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   21 to 24 of 24 
TOPIC: Protestor charged with making terroristic threats