Protecting the Jihadists : Swingers Discussion 2185021011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsProtecting the Jihadists
TOPIC: Protecting the Jihadists
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 23   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"The defense lawyer *has* to defend their client by whatever means are available to them."

The only lawyer that 'has' to defend a client is one appointed by the court. The one's that are paid by the defendant don't get a pass from me.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
You know, I am kinda torn on the whole hate-on for the attorneys.....

Just like a case a few days ago of a lawyer who is arguing his clients are not guilty of rape because their unconscious victim didn't say "no". It's easy to get outraged about such defenses, but I think of it this way.....

The defense lawyer *has* to defend their client by whatever means are available to them. If reasonable defenses are simply non-existent, they must reach for unreasonable ones. They are not there to serve justice, exactly, they are there to serve their clients to the best of their ability, even if it means reaching for ridiculous defense strategies. They can't just stand there in court and say "my client's an asshole... I have nothing to offer in his defense."

Leave the emotions out of it and put yourself in the position of the defense lawyer. What else can you do when you know your client is pretty much up the creek without a paddle? If this kind of defense, however, actually gets them OFF - well, that's worth getting bent out of shape about.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17545 posts)
Release him, and the self loathing attorney... they can prance about, hand-in-hand like bff's until the drone has had enough!

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16520 posts)
Release him in Iraq then kill him with a drone. Probably save the taxpayers a little money.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
Well I think jury selection can go ahead like any other case, and lawyers can use their exclusions for whomever they like.

Now, perhaps the lawyer could make the argument that the defendant cannot get a fair trial due to the high number of Jewish people (or those sympathetic towards Jewish people) in the local jury pool and move for a change of venue.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17545 posts)
No, they're not allowed to ask that. And even with outwardly signs that one is Jewish, does not mean that they'll automatically be pro Israel, or a Zionist.

The attorney is out of line. If I were the judge, I'd see what I an do to teach this idiot a lesson.

Hubby on the other hand slightly disagrees with me.

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16520 posts)
Yeah... are they allowed to ask that?

I would think some are much more obvious than others, depending on their level of orthodoxy.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17545 posts)
Oh sheesh, why not throw a quarter on the floor instead? :)

I'd eat the babyback ribs.

If I were part of those being questioned by the attorney, no way would any of them know that I'm a Jew unless they asked directly.

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16520 posts)
Offer each person in the jury pool a small section of baby back ribs and see what happens!?! :P

For each that refuses, offer a chicken finger. Those that decline are probably vegetarians.

Of those that accept, offer a shot of Johnny Walker Blue to weed out the Muslims, Bahais, and Buddhists.

Of those that decline, offer some schmaltz on matzah.

You should be left with Jewish people, right?

Yes, I know I'm being a dipshit.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17545 posts)
*In other words, couldn't a lawyer simply use their exclusions to turf Jews from the jury pool? *

How is the attorney going to find out which of the jurors is Jewish?

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16520 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 23   End
TOPIC: Protecting the Jihadists